Elemental Barbarian

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Muilpeer wrote:Have you by any chance played poison WW barb?

I'm currently running one with 250-350k poison dmg on the char sheet (char sheet doesn't show the real dmg anyway) and 170% pierce. I can easily steamroll fauzt, dunc, viz, triune, but with Scos I notice it's getting tough. I can survive some of the Etherborns, but the lightning one keeps slapping me to death with the lightning that comes from above (looks the same as the attack from invasion, but without the ring around it).

i made similar experiences
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:
Kerchaak wrote:Finished everything with the exception of the end of Void and Spirit of Gyu, which will only show how to get to the final encounter for Void as well as the strategy for Spirit, Laz, Deimoss and Samael, which I have decided not to include due to the headache they are giving me without optimal gear.

Fauzt and Vizjun being farmable with low level runewords/TUs/honorifics, which will grant you access to optimal mid game gear which was then used to farm Scosglen as well as the first 5 levels of Labs, which is ample content to gather Gur and Ohn runes which give significant power to the build and will allow you to finish lv125-130 content with more efficiency. Please note that none of the ubers mentioned above are required for the build to progress to the next milestone in gear and that the rest of the ubers which will have video uploads (everything's recorded, just have to edit and post, which i will be doing Wednesday) are all within the realm of completion, just a matter of time and patience.

Have you by any chance played poison WW barb?

I'm currently running one with 250-350k poison dmg on the char sheet (char sheet doesn't show the real dmg anyway) and 170% pierce. I can easily steamroll fauzt, dunc, viz, triune, but with Scos I notice it's getting tough. I can survive some of the Etherborns, but the lightning one keeps slapping me to death with the lightning that comes from above (looks the same as the attack from invasion, but without the ring around it).

Anyway, I notice poison ww is great at farming, and all <130 bosses can be done with this build with ease. However, it's super inconvenient to do the >125 bosses with this build.

I tried a few other barb builds, but it seems that most are better for farming, and less focused on bossing. I wonder where this elemental barb stands compared to maxed out poison barb. I have all the endgame items, except the trophy set.

I've only played phys WW Barb and I thought that it was very decent at doing the 125 content, with of course a few struggles with the 130s. Before making this guide I would advise people that wanted to try the elemental barb to level up a barbarian via the WW build until they had acquired the gear for an optimal mid game to late game setup.

The elemental barb is incredible at bossing, with a few exceptions depending on the boss (astrogha is still a pain), slow to semi-decent at farming with gear I would say is less than ideal. The advantage is you can do a lot with very little, or rather with gear that is easily accessible. I'll be posting the rest of the content today if you're curious to see what it looks like with sub optimal gear.
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
All uploaded.
Enjoy.
p2w
Mahasattva
911 | 58
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
1 PT shower of rocks will make boss easier
hamil
Imp
5 | 0
wont so since the phys damage is kinda very low and the magic damage u get is not as effective as the added magic from the prim strike itself. the debuff does not work so well on ele damage..

i am currently on 132 in hc with the ele barb and tried SoR
IronMan
Lava Lord
90 | 9
wont so since the phys damage is kinda very low and the magic damage u get is not as effective as the added magic from the prim strike itself. the debuff does not work so well on ele damage..

i am currently on 132 in hc with the ele barb and tried SoR

pretty sure hes mainly talking about the -25% movespeed / -25% attack rating on bosses, not the - physical resist or dmg
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
A 3 point investment that isn't at all required. Better spent elsewhere as far as I'm concerned, there is not need to invest any points in the earthshaker tree.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Hey there - I tested conflux scaling with a dedicated but fairly cheap prebuff setup.
You can have a look at the used items - here
It includes upped Laz and Void trophy but no Dim Key and no +skill jewels and no skill shrine but apple prebuff with
Destiny
Destiny
Gilded Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (8868 - 9976) to (10992 - 12366)
Chance to Block: 1%
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 1
+2 to All Skills when using an Apple
+3 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+(41 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(11 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+2% to Runemaster Defense Bonus
Maximum Mana +15%
Regenerate Mana +(31 to 50)%
Socketed (4)

Spirits of the Nephalem
(Barbarian Shaman Set)

The pierce seems to have dim return scaling but it does not really fall off that quick.
With base lvl 30 on Conflux the Life on Melee attack scales like 9.something / slvl.

I think the endgame scaling of this skill def needs some downward tweaks - especially because with 10 minutes uptime it is totally worth it to put together some prebuff gear for special encounters.
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Interesting
servii
Stygian Watcher
40 | 3
mortimer_85 wrote:Hey there - I tested conflux scaling with a dedicated but fairly cheap prebuff setup.
You can have a look at the used items - here
It includes upped Laz and Void trophy but no Dim Key and no +skill jewels and no skill shrine but apple prebuff with
Destiny
Destiny
Gilded Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (8868 - 9976) to (10992 - 12366)
Chance to Block: 1%
(Barbarian Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 700
Item Level: 1
+2 to All Skills when using an Apple
+3 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+(41 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(11 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+2% to Runemaster Defense Bonus
Maximum Mana +15%
Regenerate Mana +(31 to 50)%
Socketed (4)

Spirits of the Nephalem
(Barbarian Shaman Set)

The pierce seems to have dim return scaling but it does not really fall off that quick.
With base lvl 30 on Conflux the Life on Melee attack scales like 9.something / slvl.

I think the endgame scaling of this skill def needs some downward tweaks - especially because with 10 minutes uptime it is totally worth it to put together some prebuff gear for special encounters.

Might be a bug, but you skipped normal den of evil skill point.