Elemental Barbarian

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dwil21 wrote:One question regarding "The grind & post game ubers" as you mentioned that you had farmed Duncraig to get 2xZol enhanced runes for "Dawn" and "Rebel."
How many times roughly did you clear Duncraig to achieve that, I guess it might have been several tens at least?

I started to farm Fauztinville at LVL132 cleared completely like 6 times and got 2 enchanted runes ('Tyr' + 'Ohn') + plus 'Ghal' rune.
It takes me around 30-40 min to completely clear it. I found many excellent sacred unique items and sets though...

Anyway, I'm now LVL135 and I have used normal runes and few enhanced (low tier) ones to create 'Xith'.
I already have all the elemental runes needed for end game gear.
Hence not single 'Zol' yet, so I'm reconsidering to give it a try with farming Duncraig...
I guess that could actually yield greater chances for enhanced rune drop as it could be cleared in far less time needed for Fauztinville.

I cannot recall, but I would assume your guess to likely be correct.
Made sure I was able to farm Fauzt with previous gear set.
Saibo
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Kerchaak wrote:Shouldnt need to, considering Azure takes care of 100, then you have loads coming from Conflux. Charms and gear should cover the rest without issue for all content.

For some reason, I do not have enough damage in the lab for bosses. Azuri blocks all damage except cold.
Droggo
Vampiress
35 | 0
Is anyone able to describe how the on switch is supposed to be performed with thunder king and nasrudin? The possibility of adding nor tiraj and thunderdome seems tedious all the time, and do you use it to buff yourself with lightning shield and then switch back to your other gear? Or do you keep using thunder king for life spark? Im a bit confused
Sfp4
Pit Knight
103 | 12
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
dont see why youd want to clear outside labs with primordial strike when you can use iron spiral, earthquake was still a thing before as well
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Just a suggestion for midgame gear, 3 pc Celestia's (Amazon Spear Set), is pretty comparable to Rebel body armor, Zealot Rush boots, and Lysra belt in terms of stats, but also grants 17% ctc stormblast on melee attack. Bosses aren't exactly this build's weak area but it is a noticeable damage difference. I know this is SSF so set isn't guaranteed to find if you're blasting through midgame as quick as possible but if you happen to find it I think it's a great alternative!
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
fr0gbug wrote:Just a suggestion for midgame gear, 3 pc Celestia's (Amazon Spear Set), is pretty comparable to Rebel body armor, Zealot Rush boots, and Lysra belt in terms of stats, but also grants 17% ctc stormblast on melee attack. Bosses aren't exactly this build's weak area but it is a noticeable damage difference. I know this is SSF so set isn't guaranteed to find if you're blasting through midgame as quick as possible but if you happen to find it I think it's a great alternative!

Certainly could work. The guide was mostly baseline minimal requirement to get through what was necessary at the time. Deviations that also work are definitely welcomed and good to consider!

Droggo wrote:Is anyone able to describe how the on switch is supposed to be performed with thunder king and nasrudin? The possibility of adding nor tiraj and thunderdome seems tedious all the time, and do you use it to buff yourself with lightning shield and then switch back to your other gear? Or do you keep using thunder king for life spark? Im a bit confused

The on switch is tedious and should only be used if necessary, meaning if it makes a difference between success and failure, otherwise it is tedious for nothing. You're meant to buff with lightning shield using Thunder king, Nor Tiraj and Thunderdome to enhance the effect of Thunder King for a damage buff I would say could be significant for what demands it, and then switch back to your regular gear. You are not meant to use Thunder King for any other purpose.

Sfp4 wrote:dont see why youd want to clear outside labs with primordial strike when you can use iron spiral, earthquake was still a thing before as well

This is an elemental barbarian build centered around using primordial strike. If Iron Spiral works better for you then by all means, use it over Primordial strike. If you prefer Earthquake over PS or IS, use that instead.
lavasoft
Jungle Hunter
28 | 13
As far as I can tell, pre-buffing with Thunder King doesn't work at all. Equip thunder king without nor tiraj or thunder dome and have your weapon damage screen open and you can see your lightning damage jump up by a thousand just by equipping thunder dome. You don't even have to cast lightning shield, it's just always on as long as they're both equipped which means switching back to dawn makes it go away completely. D2Stats weapon damage screen reports the same info. Is this a bug or has this never worked?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
lavasoft wrote:As far as I can tell, pre-buffing with Thunder King doesn't work at all. Equip thunder king without nor tiraj or thunder dome and have your weapon damage screen open and you can see your lightning damage jump up by a thousand just by equipping thunder dome. You don't even have to cast lightning shield, it's just always on as long as they're both equipped which means switching back to dawn makes it go away completely. D2Stats weapon damage screen reports the same info. Is this a bug or has this never worked?

It used to work as prebuff and was even bugged before 2.1 as in it gave 4 times the lighting damage when dual wielded. It was abused and changed to the current mechanic of only applying the light damage according to current slvl of Light shield from equipped gear.
When this guide was written it still had the old mechanic going.
Kerchaak
Azure Drake
160 | 9
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'll make the change in the guide. Sorry about the confusion.
IronMan
Lava Lord
90 | 9
Kerchaak wrote:I'll make the change in the guide. Sorry about the confusion.

No need to apologize, rather, thank you for trying to keep your guide updated

There is quite a bit of confusing / misleading info in some of the outdated guides that could lead an unsuspecting newbie to spend hours trying to get something working that has long been removed from the game. Every guide writer that invest some time /effort to keep that from happening is much appreciated :mrgreen:
Edited by IronMan 1 year.