Javazon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8
I finally got my 150 in SP. I have made a few modifications to my build I posted above, but just finished killing Samael. Got the Bremmtown trophy by using
Valkyrie's Prime
Valkyrie's Prime
Two-Hand Damage: (245 - 264) to (362 - 385)
Required Level: 110
Required Strength: 666
Required Dexterity: 666
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Strength)%
100% Chance to cast level 1 Athulua's Wrath when you Die
35% Chance to cast level 15 Arrow on Striking
+(1 to 4) to All Skills
Adds 150-250 Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+(151 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+10 to Sky Siege
Maximum Elemental Resists +(0 to 2)%
- Athulua's Determination -
Socketed (6)
. Once you have that, you can just skip across the mob bunches using Sky Siege and get to the dragon in about 7 seconds.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheater alert.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Jampula wrote:Cheater alert.

I think it's fine. I have admiration for people who despite duping items, continue to play. I always lose motivation after that kind of thing.

And personally, I am quitting Sigma again for a while, the endgame grind is too long and not good for my health/body. It's too much sitting and farming. And seeing people with immense amounts of tg is demotivating. I know they work hard for that and I acknowledge their skill and perseverance. But I also know that once you get to a certain amount, you can buy the first rare uniques and farm faster and in return make more tg faster than anyone else when a new season has started.

It works exactly the same as in real life with money. More money = more leverage.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Muilpeer wrote:
I think it's fine. I have admiration for people who despite duping items, continue to play. I always lose motivation after that kind of thing.

And personally, I am quitting Sigma again for a while, the endgame grind is too long and not good for my health/body. It's too much sitting and farming. And seeing people with immense amounts of tg is demotivating. I know they work hard for that and I acknowledge their skill and perseverance. But I also know that once you get to a certain amount, you can buy the first rare uniques and farm faster and in return make more tg faster than anyone else when a new season has started.

It works exactly the same as in real life with money. More money = more leverage.

I completely agree. The mod has become a grindfest, thats why I myself cheat to get over that shit. I have beaten every uber in the mod legit, why would I grind mindlessly? To get TG or beat Samael in x-seconds? Please...
Nantuc
Stygian Watcher
42 | 8

I do not knock anyone that wants to play online and grind for their gear. Even in SP it takes months to get the end game items. I play to defeat the content, not to spend 6 months farming for gear that has obviously been designed not to drop but 1 in 400K attempts. As it is, even with all of the end game items I still find some of the content in T10 Labs challenging such as Phoboss and the Navigator. The unstable anomaly has a tendency to show up at the most inopportune moments while surrounded by 200 mobs. I have not even come close to defeating DEIMOSS and am not sure I ever will. One of the biggest problems is that he almost certainly needs to be killed at range and he consistently spawns the Navigator who immediately comes right up to you while you sit in the corner to avoid the one shot kill from Deimoss.

So you may call it cheating, but different people play for different reasons. Online play has lost it's luster for me. I still have all of my original D2 characters online. I have all of the top of the line gear there as well, including all of the bugged items which are all permed after all the patch upgrades. Personally, I do not see how "Buying" items from other online players is any different than duping Arcane crystals to make my gear. Since I am playing Single Player, I am not in competition with anyone but myself. I still have to find my Sacred Uniques by farming drops, so I really don't get your point about cheating.

Anyway, you do you, and I'll do me and we can both enjoy the game how we each prefer to play it, ok?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Nantuc wrote:

I do not knock anyone that wants to play online and grind for their gear. Even in SP it takes months to get the end game items. I play to defeat the content, not to spend 6 months farming for gear that has obviously been designed not to drop but 1 in 400K attempts. As it is, even with all of the end game items I still find some of the content in T10 Labs challenging such as Phoboss and the Navigator. The unstable anomaly has a tendency to show up at the most inopportune moments while surrounded by 200 mobs. I have not even come close to defeating DEIMOSS and am not sure I ever will. One of the biggest problems is that he almost certainly needs to be killed at range and he consistently spawns the Navigator who immediately comes right up to you while you sit in the corner to avoid the one shot kill from Deimoss.

So you may call it cheating, but different people play for different reasons. Online play has lost it's luster for me. I still have all of my original D2 characters online. I have all of the top of the line gear there as well, including all of the bugged items which are all permed after all the patch upgrades. Personally, I do not see how "Buying" items from other online players is any different than duping Arcane crystals to make my gear. Since I am playing Single Player, I am not in competition with anyone but myself. I still have to find my Sacred Uniques by farming drops, so I really don't get your point about cheating.

Anyway, you do you, and I'll do me and we can both enjoy the game how we each prefer to play it, ok?

No offence to you in any way, quite opposisete. I agree with most of what you are saying.
-MaTT
Core Lord
380 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I'm level 135 and at this point, Paragon only gives me +2 Vitality per base level. That seems very insignificant to me, but maybe I'm wrong. Why couldn't we stick to curare for the extra DMG since we have plenty of life leech? I also DO NOT have Titan's Revenge yet, so that's why I think Gemling isn't helping me, because it's 25% to JAVELIN physical damage, and Thrillseeker is a spear. The extra poison damage seems like it would be nice. I'm not worried about having that much vitality with the amount of LL I have. Just a thought. I might respec into curare again and see how dmg mitigation is, using the same physical endgame gear. I don't see how poison damage could hurt. Am I wrong for thinking this?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
-MaTT wrote:I'm level 135 and at this point, Paragon only gives me +2 Vitality per base level. That seems very insignificant to me, but maybe I'm wrong. Why couldn't we stick to curare for the extra DMG since we have plenty of life leech? I also DO NOT have Titan's Revenge yet, so that's why I think Gemling isn't helping me, because it's 25% to JAVELIN physical damage, and Thrillseeker is a spear. The extra poison damage seems like it would be nice. I'm not worried about having that much vitality with the amount of LL I have. Just a thought. I might respec into curare again and see how dmg mitigation is, using the same physical endgame gear. I don't see how poison damage could hurt. Am I wrong for thinking this?

First of all, paragon has no synergy, so it doesnt matter if its base lvl or not. Second, for curare you need entirerly different setup to make use of the poison damage you get, and you lose a big portion of your physical damage from gemling, so your life leech wont be as good. And no, gelming works with non class specigic throwing spears too.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
-MaTT wrote:I'm level 135 and at this point, Paragon only gives me +2 Vitality per base level. That seems very insignificant to me, but maybe I'm wrong. Why couldn't we stick to curare for the extra DMG since we have plenty of life leech? I also DO NOT have Titan's Revenge yet, so that's why I think Gemling isn't helping me, because it's 25% to JAVELIN physical damage, and Thrillseeker is a spear. The extra poison damage seems like it would be nice. I'm not worried about having that much vitality with the amount of LL I have. Just a thought. I might respec into curare again and see how dmg mitigation is, using the same physical endgame gear. I don't see how poison damage could hurt. Am I wrong for thinking this?

Curare does not add remotely enough damage to be worth giving up like 8k life from Paragon (remember, you have 20+ gems socketed) unless you actually spec full poison pierce. And then you'll probably want to go into a lot of vitality to get some of it back since Curare is now covering your damage, so your overall physical damage and thus leech drops to about half. You might be able to go full dex Curare but you'll almost certainly end up too squishy.

Throwing Spear is a kind of javelin. Spear bases are two-handed and melee only.
-MaTT
Core Lord
380 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Okay, thanks guys. And one last question: Why not use War Spirit over Spellbind? 50% Weapon damage seems pretty nice...?