Javazon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
Changes that should me done to Javzon:

* Give the same treatment as Stormzon and let the player choose between a ranged and a melee route. This could be done by creating a toogle skill that turns the melee single target kill into an AOE with reduced damage, and another toogle that turns eviscerate into a single target skill with higher dmg.

* Make the elemental absorption passive a constant effect all long as you are equipped with a amazon shield instead of only triggering when you block, if possible, merge this effect with the shieldmaiden passive skill which will save like 8 points to this skill point starved class.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Birimbau wrote:Changes that should me done to Javzon:

* Give the same treatment as Stormzon and let the player choose between a ranged and a melee route. This could be done by creating a toogle skill that turns the melee single target kill into an AOE with reduced damage, and another toogle that turns eviscerate into a single target skill with higher dmg.

* Make the elemental absorption passive a constant effect all long as you are equipped with a amazon shield instead of only triggering when you block, if possible, merge this effect with the shieldmaiden passive skill which will save like 8 points to this skill point starved class.

It's called a Javazon... javelins, you know, throwing weapons. I understand what you mean though, but there is already spearzon for meleeing and even class-weapons for it. Not so popular but even I managed to build one pretty damn strong SSF.
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
Jampula wrote:
Birimbau wrote:Changes that should me done to Javzon:

It's called a Javazon... javelins, you know, throwing weapons. I understand what you mean though, but there is already spearzon for meleeing and even class-weapons for it. Not so popular but even I managed to build one pretty damn strong SSF.

Javzon is already a half-assed melee class. I ALWAYS and ALWAYS must go melee with the single target melee skill in order to kill a boss because the ranged skill is trash as a boss killing skill. So being obligated to go melee without melee devotion on bosses is not a good design for a ranged class, this is no rocket science.

If you want this shit to go ranged then turn the single target melee boss killer skill into ranged.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
The good dex melee build with unconditional elemental sorb and regen that you want already exists, it's called melee sorc.

You want to talk about good and bad design, let's talk about the effect of shoehorning in some ranged/melee toggles onto a fairly cohesive build that's already got two obvious ways to build in-tree and a pretty well supported third option (four, if you count Guard Tower). You put too many bells and whistles on it and the whole thing collapses into a clusterfuck of "how the hell do you even build this".
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
Siosilvar wrote:The good dex melee build with unconditional elemental sorb and regen that you want already exists, it's called melee sorc.

You want to talk about good and bad design, let's talk about the effect of shoehorning in some ranged/melee toggles onto a fairly cohesive build that's already got two obvious ways to build in-tree and a pretty well supported third option (four, if you count Guard Tower). You put too many bells and whistles on it and the whole thing collapses into a clusterfuck of "how the hell do you even build this".

This is not a sorc thread is a javzon thread. The guy above claim it is a ranged class yet it has imbued on its core mechanic a single target melee skill you must use to kill bosses with a supposed ranged class. Tower guard relic doesn't fall on your lap on day 1.
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Birimbau wrote:...

What you call "half-assed melee class" is a mid range build, that have both melee and projectiles skills, such as Naginata, Java, crossbow nec. It's a pretty underused build type in median in my opinion.

Melee devotion is unneeded, the game was fine without it, some builds are actually too tanky now that it exist (uhm, melee sorc and bear lmao), others builds are hepled a lot by melee devo but anyway that's not the case of java, which is balanced to be very tanky without that.
Edited by Lynderika 9 months.
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
Lynderika wrote:
Birimbau wrote:...

What you call "half-assed melee class" is called a mid range build, that have both melee and projectiles skills, such as Naginata, Java, crossbow nec. It's a pretty underused build type in median in my opinion.

Melee devotion is unneeded, the game was fine without it, some builds are actually too tanky now that it exist (uhm, melee sorc and bear lmao), others builds are hepled a lot by melee devo but anyway that's not the case of java, which is balanced to be very tanky without that.

There was a median before and after melee devotion. Being forced to go melee without MD is now a handicap. This is why they fixed it with Stormzon and even gave MD to summon barb melee skill as a buff.

I also can go full melee as Nagisin now because they at least buffed backstab skill to the point I can kill bosses with it and no longer need this grey area of melee/ranged shenanigan.
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
That's why I nuance between builds that need more defenses and not, a summon barb from a few patches ago or hammerzon cannot be compared to java in term of defensives stats.
Birimbau
Sasquatch
68 | 4
The minimum, bare minimum fix that could be done about this simple issue is giving you a temporary MD buff while you use the javazon melee skill just like they did with summon barb.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Birimbau wrote:The minimum, bare minimum fix that could be done about this simple issue is giving you a temporary MD buff while you use the javazon melee skill just like they did with summon barb.

Assuming, of course, that Javazon actually needs the extra defense to go toe-to-toe with stuff, which it pretty clearly doesn't as the build is perfectly capable of taking on Samael and Labs without it. Obsessing that all builds need to be the same results in a game where it doesn't matter what you pick.