Javazon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
trolly447
Azure Drake
165 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I just found Hellrain, should I switch to it or stay with Dwaallicht anyway?
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
i dont understand the jewelsetc. for thepoison build.
why not poison spell dmg jewels for the poison build?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
nobrainnopain wrote:i dont understand the jewelsetc. for thepoison build.
why not poison spell dmg jewels for the poison build?

Poison spell damage doesn't increase your poison weapon damage. Whirlwind gets away with it because of a bug in Diablo II that hasn't been fixed in Median, but Javazon is all projectiles so that bug doesn't apply here (except potentially on Impale, but I don't know how much WDM the actual melee attack part carries or if it's only the invisible projectiles that are 180%).

There is, however, a different bug that makes it increase your character sheet page 1 tooltip anyway. Page 2 is correct (but gives DPS, not total damage over the full poison length).

I would prefer +all attributes jewels to meet strength/dexterity requirements easier and get some more vitality, since if you don't care about physical damage you can just go full vita and 0 dex and still get 50% block because the passives are cool like that.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Ok. The dmg shown i the character sheet tells me something different ... it increase the dmg with +psd jewels and rings and when i put diamonds in the weapon etc.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
nobrainnopain wrote:Ok. The dmg shown i the character sheet tells me something different ... it increase the dmg with +psd jewels and rings and when i put diamonds in the weapon etc.

It does indeed. It's not called the lying character sheet for nothing; that stuff doesn't actually affect your damage except on direct melee hits - normal attack, and the normal attack component of impale (I don't know if it's at 100% or 180% WDM).
dekrikke
Invader
8 | 0
Hi,

Thanks for this great guide.
I only very recently started again on sp. Will sometimes play with a friend (tcpip games). Call it nostalgia or an (almost) mid-life crisis :-D
He is playing this build and enjoying it a lot!

Suppose we want to do some end-game farming in the future, possibly trying to get to higher lab levels: what would be a good build for me to play alongside his javazon? The javazon looks fun, but that would mean we both need the same drops unless we mix poison and physical.

I started an UHM because it also seemed fun to play. I don’t mind buffing every 30 seconds but would rather not constantly switch offensive skills.

We both are quite casual and will slowly but surely level/grind for gear. Since we both have the usual parental responsibilities, our overlapping play time is limited so a lot will be done on our own.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
dekrikke wrote:Hi,

Thanks for this great guide.
I only very recently started again on sp. Will sometimes play with a friend (tcpip games). Call it nostalgia or an (almost) mid-life crisis :-D
He is playing this build and enjoying it a lot!

Suppose we want to do some end-game farming in the future, possibly trying to get to higher lab levels: what would be a good build for me to play alongside his javazon? The javazon looks fun, but that would mean we both need the same drops unless we mix poison and physical.

I started an UHM because it also seemed fun to play. I don’t mind buffing every 30 seconds but would rather not constantly switch offensive skills.

We both are quite casual and will slowly but surely level/grind for gear. Since we both have the usual parental responsibilities, our overlapping play time is limited so a lot will be done on our own.

I could recommend Vikan's Lightning Sorc guide for you to play, can find that here: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=65262
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Added midgame physical section for 2.2.

P.S. I only just now subscribed to the topic, so I can better answer questions that I may have missed earlier on, as long as Siosilvar doesn't manage to do it before me. :flip:
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Fuppy, relic combo suggestions would really be appreciated.
Janech
Imp
4 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Victor wrote:Fuppy, relic combo suggestions would really be appreciated.

We'll definitely want the eviscerate relic. +2 projectiles is insane. The impale relic seems meh.