Pokemancer (Summoner Necromancer Walkthrough/Guide)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
servii
Stygian Watcher
40 | 3
Vindicit wrote:In what ways do/can minions regenerate their health? Other than the Iron Golem passive that looks like its just for the golem. I dont see any health regen. I notice the Veil King regenerates its health by some mechanic when in combat but I dont see any text that says what it is.

VK regenerates life through "Metal Solace", the Iron Golem upgrade-read the text on VK description, it says "All summon tree upgrades". Those are Metal Solace, Grim Vision, Violent Immolation&Chaos Nova.
servii
Stygian Watcher
40 | 3
Some more thoughts on summoners-I didnt notice any relic options(pardon me, if I missed them). For my necro summoner I use the following relics:
1st and most important relic is Champions of the Sun relic. It allows you to summon 18 (in my case) melee minions, with 130-150 k life. They give the unbelievable 17% Phys res&47% elemental res. It is an aura, which affects you&your minions. Even if you have your res maxed it is very strong defense buff for your minions.
2nd relic is Dark Power relic, only in case you don't use the summoner set (Satanic mantra, it has it when you wear all pieces). If you use Lazarus set, crafted gear or sacred uniques it is big damage buff for the minions. 10% crushing blow+28% increased phys damage+300-350 magic damage to weapons. Now multiply it by 9 skeleton, 1 or 2x VK, 18 champions of the sun and 6xAbyss Knights+any other minions you might have.
3th relic is debatable, it is either Glowing Fungus relic or teleport relic. The choice is more damage(Fungus) or more mobility. In case you killed Innarius in the Void you have acces to teleport from his charm, so Fungus is the way to go. Funguses tend to die a lot, but they have very nice AOE dmg.Teleport gives you mobility and will save you many deaths, also I use it as Focused strike-you teleport upon an enemy and 1st strikes of your entire army land on the nearest mob. Teleport replaces Bend the Shadow thanks to the fact it can be used through walls/obstacles.
adodwerg
Fallen
1 | 0
I started following this guide as a brand new median XL player.

I got till nightmare act 1.

However gear wise. i only have the belt. For the rest i have no clue what i am doing.

Are there any links to other guides that have a better knowledge of explaining certain things, such as weapons/gear etc.
intex
Abomination
148 | 1
adodwerg wrote:I started following this guide as a brand new median XL player.

I got till nightmare act 1.

However gear wise. i only have the belt. For the rest i have no clue what i am doing.

Are there any links to other guides that have a better knowledge of explaining certain things, such as weapons/gear etc.

farm mephisto for arcane crystals in a3 normal and craft full tiered uniques and cap ur resistance.
Mythkiller
Prowler
16 | 1
Thanks a lot for the guide. Really helpful.

I've made it pretty far at this point but endgame median isn't something I know very well so am hoping someone can give some advice!

My char: https://median-xl.com/char/Myth_Summons

I've cleared all the hard dungeons except toraja and shadow. I can pretty comfortably clear duncraig now. Unsure about my next steps though. Based on the 2 endgame setups you have, I think my options are to farm k3k for the VK set or to farm duncraig for SU/SSUs for the 'beefy VK' version (I should mention that despite being on TSW I am and intend to play completely ssf).

So:
1) Should I just farm duncraig at this point till I get either the full VK set or enough SU/SSUs to beef up the VK/AK before going further into the V.Hards? Is the set better farmed at k3k?
2) I've been stacking Ist runes for MF everywhere. At about 356% now. Should I instead be on a much more damage focused setup?
3) Can a summon necro even do the V.Hard+ dungeons? Or should I be using this to farm for a different build to push that content?

Appreciate any insight!
~Myth
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
Mythkiller wrote:So:
1) Should I just farm duncraig at this point till I get either the full VK set or enough SU/SSUs to beef up the VK/AK before going further into the V.Hards? Is the set better farmed at k3k?
2) I've been stacking Ist runes for MF everywhere. At about 356% now. Should I instead be on a much more damage focused setup?
3) Can a summon necro even do the V.Hard+ dungeons? Or should I be using this to farm for a different build to push that content?

1) The Lazuras set that grants an additional Veil King can not drop in K3K. It's item level it too high. You'll have to farm Duncraig to get it, IIRC. You do not have to have it though. I played summon Necro recently and got to the very hards with just the regular set I got from farming K3K. I was only running about 200 mf and the rest was dps/Hel runes/jewels. When you get to the very hard ubers you'll want more damage. Keep mf for when your farming. DPS for when you go to very hards and up.

2) Only if your going to push into ubers. Otherwise keep them for farming Duncraig. When you're ready, switch to more dps for ubers.

3) Yes, but some are much harder than others. Last I remember, dps was the thing I felt like I never had enough of.
Mythkiller
Prowler
16 | 1
God_of_Magic wrote:1) The Lazuras set that grants an additional Veil King can not drop in K3K. It's item level it too high. You'll have to farm Duncraig to get it, IIRC. You do not have to have it though. I played summon Necro recently and got to the very hards with just the regular set I got from farming K3K. I was only running about 200 mf and the rest was dps/Hel runes/jewels. When you get to the very hard ubers you'll want more damage. Keep mf for when your farming. DPS for when you go to very hards and up.

2) Only if your going to push into ubers. Otherwise keep them for farming Duncraig. When you're ready, switch to more dps for ubers.

3) Yes, but some are much harder than others. Last I remember, dps was the thing I felt like I never had enough of.

Perfect, thanks. I'll just farm Dunc for now and see what drops then!
mattbnr
Destroyer
7 | 1
Any thing changed with the last few patches (2.4.1)? im guessing not but you never know....
FenrirXIII
Invader
9 | 0
Hi all, what about adding alternative option - aka switch to Hawks (including skills), just to make it more beginner friendly? I`ve seen couple of mentions for Hawks and damage they`re making in late game.
UncleGrimjerk
Monkey King
268 | 31
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Hawk damage is quite good plus it makes the playstyle a little less "passive". Gives the geezer something to do.