Pokemancer (Summoner Necromancer Walkthrough/Guide)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
mattbnr
Destroyer
7 | 1
Death Ward (25), put rest into Death Ward.

so max death ward?
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
How is this build in Labs 9-10, do minions survive with 175 minion resists?
servii
Stygian Watcher
40 | 3
Victor wrote:How is this build in Labs 9-10, do minions survive with 175 minion resists?

Absolutely not! Skeletons die with 1 hit, Abuss Knights same, VK survives few hits, it dies and you need to fight it. We took serious hit with last patch(absurdly, it was proclaimed like buff for summoner Necros) Resurgence lost 50% minions avoid and some more like that. Still, it is good for further improvements-few more golems(hallo PoE), severe buffs for VK, ment to be the ultimate non-player tank or skellies/AK to be , at least, decent for end game(no, Fauztinville is no longer end game)
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Victor wrote:How is this build in Labs 9-10, do minions survive with 175 minion resists?

You will not play this build in a maze unless you have Hawks in the team. The creators of the mod hates necro summoner and they clearly proved it last year in path 2.0. When will they finally understand and make minions as immortal as Rathma is? Mobs beating her but not knowing she is immortal and the problem would be solved. Their two favorite classes of characters barb and paladin somehow do not lose their weapons after one hit to the mob and here you enter skeleton / knight and dies after one shot. They don't realize that minions are a necromancer's weapon.
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
servii wrote:

Absolutely not! Skeletons die with 1 hit, Abuss Knights same, VK survives few hits, it dies and you need to fight it. We took serious hit with last patch(absurdly, it was proclaimed like buff for summoner Necros) Resurgence lost 50% minions avoid and some more like that. Still, it is good for further improvements-few more golems(hallo PoE), severe buffs for VK, ment to be the ultimate non-player tank or skellies/AK to be , at least, decent for end game(no, Fauztinville is no longer end game)

Immortal2563 wrote:

You will not play this build in a maze unless you have Hawks in the team. The creators of the mod hates necro summoner and they clearly proved it last year in path 2.0. When will they finally understand and make minions as immortal as Rathma is? Mobs beating her but not knowing she is immortal and the problem would be solved. Their two favorite classes of characters barb and paladin somehow do not lose their weapons after one hit to the mob and here you enter skeleton / knight and dies after one shot. They don't realize that minions are a necromancer's weapon.

Thanks. Too bad you can't play end game with all builds...
servii
Stygian Watcher
40 | 3

Apparently, one of the major "hits" of the last patch, was the fact your jinns are no longer tanks-they are unhitable now. Before 2.0 they were tanks and could take some pressure off of you. Now "elemental" (Jinns+AKs) variant of the build has no tanks and you are targeted almost constantly. Combined with -50% avoidance for Resurgence it made summoners very weak.
An interesting approach would be to combine summons with reanimates and to create a really large army of mobs, but my laptop freezes when I try it, the screen got clustered and everything goes very slowly and, eventually, it stops at some point.
With such hardware/engine limitations of the mod ,the only solution would be to buff up existing summons, not to go for more/new type of summons.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
@servii and has a lot less life than in 1.8. There I had 30.000hp and here you get only part of the summon life pool. The amount of life was sick and was in complete contradiction to the build. Since he has so many summons, he should have the least of all the characters. But such drastic measures require a drastic increase in DPS.

Why not do as it is in the Diablo 3 Rathma run. Give the Knights some specific spell so that they can throw powerful missiles. For each summoning of a knight, he poses a whole mane and their damage depends on the amount of mana. The more mana you had, the stronger they are, following the essence from Diablo 3.

First of all, immortal minions past because without it this setup doesn't make sense.
jicsou
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hey what s up ?
I m playing necro summoner with middle gear 125(sorry for my bad english) : all necro summoner set with same stuff like you mentionned.
And i litterally destroy everything at 125 rift/boss lol
I played it with 303% Magic find (lilith temptation on)
600%+ dmg summon,500%+ life summon,all res up.
I use hawks as main spell ,and like you say minions do all work ;)
So...
For my necro i personnaly use full jewel for socket.
I principally research DMG minions on it , you transmute jewel with Magic find,sometimes there is beautiful +7% ---> 12% minion damage , this is very Great jewel for DMG , with max 4% magic find and some stats.
When you cap 200Mf,witch is cool , you can roll jewel with+stat, and look for high minion damage,or minion Life. More stat more survability i think.
I think it is a very good concept. %12%DMG minion,is very rare,but+7 To 9% pop is good .
Need enormous amount of arcane crystal for all stuff.
What do you think?
Voila voilà.
Jovoman
Cog
232 | 3
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
jicsou wrote:Hey what s up ?
I m playing necro summoner with middle gear 125(sorry for my bad english) : all necro summoner set with same stuff like you mentionned.
And i litterally destroy everything at 125 rift/boss lol
I played it with 303% Magic find (lilith temptation on)
600%+ dmg summon,500%+ life summon,all res up.
I use hawks as main spell ,and like you say minions do all work ;)
So...
For my necro i personnaly use full jewel for socket.
I principally research DMG minions on it , you transmute jewel with Magic find,sometimes there is beautiful +7% ---> 12% minion damage , this is very Great jewel for DMG , with max 4% magic find and some stats.
When you cap 200Mf,witch is cool , you can roll jewel with+stat, and look for high minion damage,or minion Life. More stat more survability i think.
I think it is a very good concept. %12%DMG minion,is very rare,but+7 To 9% pop is good .
Need enormous amount of arcane crystal for all stuff.
What do you think?
Voila voilà.

Hiho
It depends if u want to focus on getting most out of jewel's then crafting ones with 10% minion dmg and +40 flat HP for every gear slot, and 2-4 jewels with cast speed should be your goal, especially the cast speed jewels since if u would use SSU
Back To The Abyss
Back To The Abyss
Demon Head (Sacred)

Defense: 1448 to 1766
Chance to Block: 2%
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 445
Item Level: 120
Abyss Knights Die After Being Summoned
+(2 to 3) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+150% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(101 to 150) to Energy
+300 Life Regenerated per Second
Decrease Maximum Life -10%
Physical Resist 20%
50% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
then having decent amount of cast speed for breakpoints is mandatory for killspeed. Of course if you can manage the mana burn.

. Lets say 4x 10% cast speed jewel in Helm, than rest of free slot' if you using aiwass runeword gloves would be 20 in total.

So 20 * 40 HP flat is = 800 flat Hp for example from 20 crafted jewels which can end up as 1,5k HP++ buff since we get such high % max HP from embalming which ends up that any flat h we will get more increases Our life Pool way more than the actually giving number. So in Our case 800 flat hp isnt 800 flat hp added to Hp Pool instead it can be like 1,5k+ or something i said before.

Hope i could give u a Kind of better Direction what u can do more in Detail with jewel's for summoner

Jewel crafting like this is pretty hard and especially time consuming/expensive whether you farm your AC's for it or buying Them
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Crafted jewels is hard work but profitable. You take 1000 yellow jewels and you will get a full Horadric Cube that you can use. Continue with another selection and you have 15-20 left.

When I did them on the poison sorceress, my priority was:
-At least 10 SF
-At least 2% spell damage, and even better 4% poison spell damage
-stats 4 or 5.% statistics are too weak when you do not invest anything in statistics.
-And it would be best if there was a -10% req on them. The items for the cup require a lot of strength and dexterity.

As for the fulfillment of the first three conditions, it is their yes with the Horadric Cube poles. Add a fourth and you can count these jwels on the fingers of one hand.

Finally, you can also use Luck Oil on them to get 0-2 for each stat.

If you have a choice of copper DPS, which summoner does not have and MF, take the first one without hesitation.

Good luck with crafting jewels, u will need it.