Pokemancer (Summoner Necromancer Walkthrough/Guide) **WIP**

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
KimboJR
Fallen
1 | 0
Hi, at first many thanks for the great guide. This is my first season in Median XL an this helps a lot :). Iam level 123 now and farming K3K for the summoner set (Satanic Mantra). I did a lot of runs but did not find just one piece of the set so far. Is there some better area to farm for this set? I have found a lot of other class sets even some other Necro sets.
User avatar
masochista
Core Lord
364 | 17
KimboJR wrote:Hi, at first many thanks for the great guide. This is my first season in Median XL an this helps a lot :). Iam level 123 now and farming K3K for the summoner set (Satanic Mantra). I did a lot of runs but did not find just one piece of the set so far. Is there some better area to farm for this set? I have found a lot of other class sets even some other Necro sets.


Nope, K3K has set item drop bias, so keep farming it, you are just unlucky. If you are low on mf, just MO your items, and your merc's.
User avatar
mecheye
Sasquatch
69 | 4
masochista wrote:Nope, K3K has set item drop bias, so keep farming it, you are just unlucky. If you are low on mf, just MO your items, and your merc's.


Whats a good MF value to aim for?
Vindicit
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
In what ways do/can minions regenerate their health? Other than the Iron Golem passive that looks like its just for the golem. I dont see any health regen. I notice the Veil King regenerates its health by some mechanic when in combat but I dont see any text that says what it is.
Semigloss
Djinn
522 | 22
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
It's been a while since I've played a summoner, and just picked it up again this season. VK setup is frecken strong with the 2.1 changes. I highly suggest it.

And 1pt Iron Golem has a ton of utility these days. There has been alot of improvement to proc-based buffs and debuffs in recent patches so you have many options. Just go to the affix page and filter for procs.. 90% of these you can get on just random rare drops. That's what I do, pick up random rares here and there and check for procs. And 1pt gives enough life to survive through most midgame content.

Ice Lance, Life Spark, Miasma, Mind Flay, Searing Glow (which now debuffs), Sprial Dance, Banish, Bloodlust, etc. Can all be found on rares. There are good procs on Uniques/RWs too but I wouldnt spend the effort for those unless you've maxed Iron Golem instead of just 1pt.
Semigloss
Djinn
522 | 22
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Vindicit wrote:In what ways do/can minions regenerate their health? Other than the Iron Golem passive that looks like its just for the golem. I dont see any health regen. I notice the Veil King regenerates its health by some mechanic when in combat but I dont see any text that says what it is.


Vindicate from A1 Merc (Priestess) or Gift of Inner Fire from A3 Merc (Bloodmage) are both options. Don't think minion's have any inherent life regen though.
User avatar
mecheye
Sasquatch
69 | 4
Semigloss wrote:
Vindicit wrote:In what ways do/can minions regenerate their health? Other than the Iron Golem passive that looks like its just for the golem. I dont see any health regen. I notice the Veil King regenerates its health by some mechanic when in combat but I dont see any text that says what it is.


Vindicate from A1 Merc (Priestess) or Gift of Inner Fire from A3 Merc (Bloodmage) are both options. Don't think minion's have any inherent life regen though.


Easiest way is to just resummon them. Only the Golem has Life Regen since resummoning it is usually not a good idea if it was made from a decent item
KiwiSensei
Skeleton
2 | 0
Great guide, loving it so far, however there's one thing that's wrecking my mind here.
In the Act 1-5 highlights section of Hell difficulty, we get this tip:

"Collect rare sacred items you can use for crafting later (1 of each piece *can check the 115-120 section*)"

That's all well and good, now I move on to the 115-120 section to check the pieces, and I see this:
► Show Spoiler


So, seeing as the rest of this guide is quite beginner friendly, this bit right here leaves me wondering "but what type of each piece?". I've looked at other sources as well and I find absolutely nothing on this, does it matter what we pick up? Do I get more out of a magical crafted crown over cap? should it be a circlet?
Hoping someone could clarify this a bit, I'm not sure if I'm just blind but I've looked around for about an hour now.

Also do we really need Pax Mystica? It seems to go on cooldown whenever I use the necro innate teleport ability, so do we just want it for the stun on teleport?
Siosilvar
Team Member
810 | 141
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
KiwiSensei wrote:So, seeing as the rest of this guide is quite beginner friendly, this bit right here leaves me wondering "but what type of each piece?". I've looked at other sources as well and I find absolutely nothing on this, does it matter what we pick up? Do I get more out of a magical crafted crown over cap? should it be a circlet?
Hoping someone could clarify this a bit, I'm not sure if I'm just blind but I've looked around for about an hour now.


The only relevant differences are base defense vs stat requirements and that you should use a circlet(, coronet, tiara, diadem) instead of a regular helm because they have the ability to roll +skills and summon stats on top of your shrine bonus, as seen on the affix page


KiwiSensei wrote:Also do we really need Pax Mystica? It seems to go on cooldown whenever I use the necro innate teleport ability, so do we just want it for the stun on teleport?


Blink goes over walls and has a longer range than Bend the Shadows, at the cost of the longer cooldown. After 110, Jitan's Gate is even longer range and even longer cooldown so if you don't want the middle ground option you can get rid of the staff.
KiwiSensei
Skeleton
2 | 0
The only relevant differences are base defense vs stat requirements and that you should use a circlet(, coronet, tiara, diadem) instead of a regular helm because they have the ability to roll +skills and summon stats on top of your shrine bonus, as seen on the affix page


Thank you for the quick answer, granted the circlet vs helm was just an example. I'll take a deeper look at the link though!
Maybe in the future there will be type recommendations for the various slots, but I don't mind putting in the work now that I know what source to look at.

And thank you for the clarification on Pax :)