Storm Crows Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Curious whether or not people like this build .... Kind of felt like trying something different and this looks interesting.
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Since 2.0 i only played as claw sin. StormCrows/Maelstorm are practically the same as clawsin. You loose a lot of sustain because you can't use lifeOnAttack MO and melee devotion, but get good mid range attack.
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
felix0808 wrote:Since 2.0 i only played as claw sin. StormCrows/Maelstorm are practically the same as clawsin. You loose a lot of sustain because you can't use lifeOnAttack MO and melee devotion, but get good mid range attack.

I think Storm Crows is superb in sustaining with life leach, while Maelstrom is not. Maelstrom converts most of physical dam to magic dam, so we need procs like knives or arrows on striking to leach. When i played Maelstrom Sin i used Storm Crows on left click just to help sustaining.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Deathadvocat wrote:I know WotS isn't really that great but I'm just not feeling any other skill is really worth it. Shadow Refugee might be good, but then you constantly have to reapply the buff by melee attacks which isn't great.

I was looking back in the early thread and saw this reply to Marco's comments:

Deathadvocat wrote:- In earlier versions I liked to put some points into blink and use it offensively, but I feel like it has too much competition from other skills at the moment.

These two replies seem to say the opposite - one says there's not even a handful of points available for blink and the other says wots is getting maxed because there's nowhere better to put the points.

My personal view on blink, fwiw, is that it depends on how people like to play. If you don't use blink that much then the 1 prereq skill point is fine, otherwise pinch a few from wots.

I'd definitely take 1 pt out of wots to put in a reward skill, as Marco suggested. Probably Phase Bomb since Beacon got nerfed too much.
Also is it better to max SC and dump whatever's left in wots? It feels as though more hits with an extra knife or 5 - and all the damage they carry- will probably outweigh a few extra poison damage per knife (although that's not based on any theorycrafting, just a gut feel).
Deathadvocat
Sasquatch
63 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Captcha wrote:
Deathadvocat wrote:I know WotS isn't really that great but I'm just not feeling any other skill is really worth it. Shadow Refugee might be good, but then you constantly have to reapply the buff by melee attacks which isn't great.

I was looking back in the early thread and saw this reply to Marco's comments:

Deathadvocat wrote:- In earlier versions I liked to put some points into blink and use it offensively, but I feel like it has too much competition from other skills at the moment.

These two replies seem to say the opposite - one says there's not even a handful of points available for blink and the other says wots is getting maxed because there's nowhere better to put the points.

My personal view on blink, fwiw, is that it depends on how people like to play. If you don't use blink that much then the 1 prereq skill point is fine, otherwise pinch a few from wots.

I'd definitely take 1 pt out of wots to put in a reward skill, as Marco suggested. Probably Phase Bomb since Beacon got nerfed too much.
Also is it better to max SC and dump whatever's left in wots? It feels as though more hits with an extra knife or 5 - and all the damage they carry- will probably outweigh a few extra poison damage per knife (although that's not based on any theorycrafting, just a gut feel).

I don't really use blink all that much, that's why I don't consider it too much.

Also not a fan of the reward skills atm for this build.

But I agree maxing SC first and then putting leftovers in wots seems a good idea.
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Is this build viable for Labs?
Deathadvocat
Sasquatch
63 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
eurekaaaa wrote:Is this build viable for Labs?

Video's on my youtube are releasing these days. I've done them to level 8 atm, but there sure are better builds I have to assume.
Colius
Imp
5 | 0
Hi, first of all thanks for the build :). Currently use it as a leaguestarter and its fun.

Just a feedback from my leaguestart /SSF perspective:
For leveling: i only used mealstorm until i was able to get on a good phys. weapon (means end of normal / start of nightmare).

I think Stormcrows are not good in early, only when monsters have high magic-defense (like in hell) or you have some levels in Stormcrows cause compared to

lvl 5stormcrow: its only 8 or 9 Daggers with + Spells
vs
MS lvl 1 with 13 projectiles + Main-dagger and AoE.

But I will tryout different skills & combos to compare if im done with hell.
Currently hit hell yesterday and now using following combo:
mealstorm for AoE-Clear + Stormcrows for single target, WW for standing bosses.

But I had some questions cause of the build: what stats I am aiming for?
What for breakpoints are nessesary?
- like lifeleech, Manaleech - is there a cap?
- what stats on FHR & Attackspeed do I should aim for?
- (more general question) where should i farm for mid-gear + runes?

Sorry for this noobie questions, maybe there is an guide out. Im just running through Hell yet and this questions now appears, cause monsters die not in 1-2 hits anymore. :D
Deathadvocat
Sasquatch
63 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Colius wrote:Hi, first of all thanks for the build :). Currently use it as a leaguestarter and its fun.

Just a feedback from my leaguestart /SSF perspective:
For leveling: i only used mealstorm until i was able to get on a good phys. weapon (means end of normal / start of nightmare).

I think Stormcrows are not good in early, only when monsters have high magic-defense (like in hell) or you have some levels in Stormcrows cause compared to

lvl 5stormcrow: its only 8 or 9 Daggers with + Spells
vs
MS lvl 1 with 13 projectiles + Main-dagger and AoE.

But I will tryout different skills & combos to compare if im done with hell.
Currently hit hell yesterday and now using following combo:
mealstorm for AoE-Clear + Stormcrows for single target, WW for standing bosses.

But I had some questions cause of the build: what stats I am aiming for?
What for breakpoints are nessesary?
- like lifeleech, Manaleech - is there a cap?
- what stats on FHR & Attackspeed do I should aim for?
- (more general question) where should i farm for mid-gear + runes?

Sorry for this noobie questions, maybe there is an guide out. Im just running through Hell yet and this questions now appears, cause monsters die not in 1-2 hits anymore. :D

Aim for 133 IAS and 86 FHR. There is a 200 breakpoint for FHR but that isn‘t realistic. There is no cap for ll and ml. The more the better. Because it gets reduced in hell should be at least somewhere around 30% to have a decent effect. In the transition I would farm Toraja jungles and K3K. That also helps to get you 400 signets of learning.
Colius
Imp
5 | 0
Deathadvocat wrote:Aim for 133 IAS and 86 FHR. There is a 200 breakpoint for FHR but that isn‘t realistic. There is no cap for ll and ml. The more the better. Because it gets reduced in hell should be at least somewhere around 30% to have a decent effect. In the transition I would farm Toraja jungles and K3K. That also helps to get you 400 signets of learning.

Thanks for your quick response :), then i will try to get some more ll / ml. Currently leaking some %. gl on your runs :)