Lion's Onslaught [Physical Overkill Barb]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Pdiggy
Invader
9 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
fr0gbug wrote:Well done on the guide, been playing with a similar build myself recently. My only ask is a selfish one but if it's possible can you edit the icon for guide post to be Barbarian instead of Diablo? We need more Barbarian icons in the guide section 8-)

EDIT: I do have a suggestion for early game though: Personally I would prioritize maxing MK over Ancient Blood, and then MO flat dex on armor as needed for AR over str, while putting all base stat points into str. AR gains from flat dex MO combined with MK far exceed the pitiful flat AR gains from AB. The max hp% is really good but without significant sources of flat life it's not that huge of a boost over the stamina% boosting added stats from charms/gear. You will gain added damage from lion stance as well as more total str from base points and MK to boost str physical dmg % on weapon. It's not totally game changing but I like MK far more than AB, which I think should be the afterthought dump skill.

Thank you for the feedback, now that I'm thinking about it this is definitely a much better route to go for early game for the reasons you stated.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I don't agree with your skill plan. If you plan on playing with only overkill, no rebound or or stampede for clear, you should be maxing hunters mark instead of ancient blood/spirit guide/mountain king. It adds a lot of damage since overkill hits a lot. I personally like rebound since its a decent skill, sadly its only a shadow of its former self, i think they forgot to buff the magic dmg added to skills from glad dominance when they reduced the max skill lvl to 15.

Also i think the set and ophiophagus deserves its own section since they completely change the build.
CMBurns
Gravedigger
194 | 51
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Can you record some videos of farming fauz and doing some ubers?
vekara
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
How about crafted jewels in sockets instead of runes if i choose to go max block with glad dominance?
facktreal
Thunder Beetle
53 | 0
Oh man, how many years... I remember, i've started to play median xl from this build in 2016-17 years in SP... I enjoyed so much... Now, i can try in MP, eventually i've got all lategame gear...
anicocia
Bone Archer
76 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
vekara wrote:How about crafted jewels in sockets instead of runes if i choose to go max block with glad dominance?

With the flat AR from AB, you want to craft %AR with AA / %Str and life or something useful, like Flat AR / FBR / IAS etc
smercholeg
Skeleton
3 | 0
Is the build still appliable? I've tried it and a couple of skill seem to be missing and effectiveness is rather weak unless you have some good tanks.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
smercholeg wrote:Is the build still appliable? I've tried it and a couple of skill seem to be missing and effectiveness is rather weak unless you have some good tanks.

you revived a post from over a year ago without checking the newest season patch notes from 12 days ago to see that throwbarb has been reworked this season. some of the things are still relevant and functional but the build is newly changed with passives and skill mechanics
smercholeg
Skeleton
3 | 0
Crash wrote:
smercholeg wrote:Is the build still appliable? I've tried it and a couple of skill seem to be missing and effectiveness is rather weak unless you have some good tanks.

you revived a post from over a year ago without checking the newest season patch notes from 12 days ago to see that throwbarb has been reworked this season. some of the things are still relevant and functional but the build is newly changed with passives and skill mechanics

Let's hope the author will update it.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
you need a guide? I can try to help explain what I did for throw barb

normal
► Show Spoiler

beyond
► Show Spoiler

if there is more interest in this I could take this template and write a proper guide for this build. I have really enjoyed playing throw barb and think that the rework of it is very successful. I initially thought the build was too OP but now I think the power level seems good and in line with other strong builds in the game. I think if anything I just play crappy characters and am used to a lower power level usually. I hope we see other reworks this good in the future.