Guard Tower Barbarian

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
eurekaaaa
Void Archon
877 | 5
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ran a summon barb early in the season and switched over to GT with some other relics to try out labs. Really enjoying it so far.
yejianqiu
Prowler
18 | 0
Could I ask if the attack speed on wolf stance will reduce the DS increased by grandfather?
God_of_Magic
Pit Knight
113 | 6
yejianqiu wrote:Could I ask if the attack speed on wolf stance will reduce the DS increased by grandfather?

Yes it will.
Redemption
Gravedigger
195 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
yejianqiu wrote:Could I ask if the attack speed on wolf stance will reduce the DS increased by grandfather?

Lion Stance adds a crap load of damage and caps at -10% physical resistance so with some tweaks to gear you can get about 25-30% pr with lion on. Unless you get lucky and find a
Tyrael's Might
Tyrael's Might
Ancient Armor (Sacred)

Defense: 11859 to 14685
Required Level: 130
Item Level: 130
Ethereal
50% Movement Speed
+100% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
+200% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +15%
Physical Resist 50%
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -100%
Celeri Caelesti Iustitia
Socketed (6)
Jasdero
Thunder Beetle
53 | 0
For this build need put the points in dex? My towers have 67% accuracy. I put all the points into str (already more than 3k in total), and dex only 400. Maybe need to take dex too? i have setup gear for 100-125 lvl from guide.
B10H4zarD
Thunder Beetle
50 | 5
Jasdero wrote:For this build need put the points in dex? My towers have 67% accuracy. I put all the points into str (already more than 3k in total), and dex only 400. Maybe need to take dex too? i have setup gear for 100-125 lvl from guide.

Do you have all the Charms already?
Usually, 30% more accuracy ofc outdamages lets say 20% less dmg from str-multiplicator.
Since Barb has some mechanics to further scale dmg with %str im not sure about str vs dex.
Its okay to miss 30% of the time, if every arrow deals 50% more dmg overall :mrgreen:
On the other hand, you have to take proc's into account too.. if one relies on "on-hit" dmg it would be better to hit more for less weapon dmg.

I'd assume, the player who made this guide actually knows what hes talking about ( more than me, at least :) )
So i guess, they have tested str vs dex and turns out str is more important, because of Lion Stance etc

Take care
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Think I ended up crafting some combination of 50% AR, 2% str, min/max damage, life jewels in my gear with Elq in weapon. Percentage AR helps a ton with the flat AR from Ancient Blood.
ototsuyume
Prowler
15 | 0
Thanks for the detailed guide! I have leveled to 110, and it is fun to play so far. I have two questions regarding the skill plan:
1. citadel only increases the max block chance, while with STR setup, we cannot max our block chance. Why do we need to add points to this skill?
2. In the grandfather setup, you put 1 pt in other stance besides lion stance, what is the purpose of them? I think we can only activate 1 stance at most, am I wrong?
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
ototsuyume wrote:Thanks for the detailed guide! I have leveled to 110, and it is fun to play so far. I have two questions regarding the skill plan:
1. citadel only increases the max block chance, while with STR setup, we cannot max our block chance. Why do we need to add points to this skill?
2. In the grandfather setup, you put 1 pt in other stance besides lion stance, what is the purpose of them? I think we can only activate 1 stance at most, am I wrong?

1. Good point, it's leftover from dex setup where we get max block fairly easily. 1pt fortress is enough, don't need to allocate Citadel. I'll fix it in the guide.

2. Bear Stance can come in clutch in certain scenarios. Most of the time we're using Lion Stance for damage, but when you need to survive, 21pr and a nice bonus to defense helps.
fr0gbug
Rust Claw
81 | 6
Great guide and I love the build! My only critique is that although the desired FCR breakpoint is listed, the gear and skills chosen along with recommended mos will not hit that bp. I think with enough soft skills and charms you probably get there by mid-late game from wolven guide, but ensuring it’s maxed with mos and runes makes a massive difference in dmg output. I tried first just putting enough pts in wolves for it but the low range aura is not reliable. Much more dmg using a couple FCR runes and an mo or two to ensure FCR bp is maxed.