ClawSin - ComfortSin from A to Z and beyond ! [SSF and many variants]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
el_bear
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
rugby_1 wrote:
el_bear wrote:Does anyone have a recommendation for improving scosglen clear speed? I recently hit 135 and acquired all of the end game items, but couldn't seem to clear scosglen very well, especially the trees. I am using retaliate as my main aoe, would I see much better results if I got a better relic skill?

I can't speak to how good/bad retaliate is, however if you are staying physical - try Earthquake. The dmg is a Phy>Magic conversion so you won't have to worry about pierce (unlike retaliate which converts to fire dmg). I used an EQ relic last season and it worked very well even without end game gear/charms.

I should've mentioned - I'm using an ele spec. I tried scosglen again and had no issues really, so I don't know what was happening the other day... ele claw is working well (-:
rugby_1
Son of Lucion
724 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
el_bear wrote:
rugby_1 wrote:
el_bear wrote:Does anyone have a recommendation for improving scosglen clear speed? I recently hit 135 and acquired all of the end game items, but couldn't seem to clear scosglen very well, especially the trees. I am using retaliate as my main aoe, would I see much better results if I got a better relic skill?

I can't speak to how good/bad retaliate is, however if you are staying physical - try Earthquake. The dmg is a Phy>Magic conversion so you won't have to worry about pierce (unlike retaliate which converts to fire dmg). I used an EQ relic last season and it worked very well even without end game gear/charms.

I should've mentioned - I'm using an ele spec. I tried scosglen again and had no issues really, so I don't know what was happening the other day... ele claw is working well (-:

Ah good, yeah ele claw + EQ relic = a waste since EQ doesn't work with ele weapons.
el_bear
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
rugby_1 wrote:
el_bear wrote:
rugby_1 wrote:

Ah good, yeah ele claw + EQ relic = a waste since EQ doesn't work with ele weapons.

What do you think the best relic for aoe would be with ele claw? I'm pretty sure divine judgement is best single target.... maybe disco inferno would be best aoe?
Neyhanis
Balrog
122 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
el_bear wrote:
What do you think the best relic for aoe would be with ele claw? I'm pretty sure divine judgement is best single target.... maybe disco inferno would be best aoe?

No Disco Inferno is more for stacking single target on a stationnary target... I tried it for aoe on a nagi build last season and it ended up quite bad, the aoe isnt really good (i used a demhe scepter on switch to instant mana full, but even spamming that way it felt subpar aoe).
Earthquake on phys felt great though, as rugby mentionned (I did the same)
rugby_1
Son of Lucion
724 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
el_bear wrote:
rugby_1 wrote:
el_bear wrote:
rugby_1 wrote:

Yeah same as the post above, Disco's AOE is horrible. That skill's only use was for stationary bosses like Deimoss / Riftwalker etc... but even then it's been nerfed this patch. You could also try charged strike - you get the pierce from Ways & other items so it's a decent option. Plus you can stack the skill points for additional bolts.
el_bear
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
rugby_1 wrote:
el_bear wrote:
rugby_1 wrote:
el_bear wrote:
rugby_1 wrote:

Yeah same as the post above, Disco's AOE is horrible. That skill's only use was for stationary bosses like Deimoss / Riftwalker etc... but even then it's been nerfed this patch. You could also try charged strike - you get the pierce from Ways & other items so it's a decent option. Plus you can stack the skill points for additional bolts.

Charged bolt is a good idea, I didn't realize disco inferno's aoe was so bad lol. Retaliate has worked so far and I got it for cheap, but I could tell it definitely wasnt the best option. I might consider working on gathering phys gear and an EQ relic to try it out though.
felix0808
Pit Knight
116 | 12
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
As i said some posts above, Spiral dance from hammerfist or relic is quite good for clearing trash mobs, fauzt, dunc...
PitStains
Balrog
122 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Unless you have fully switched to SU+/Endgame gear, once you hit 120-125 this build gets slow and sluggish.
https://median-xl.com/char/rerolling_sad This is the current state and it's terrible at Dunc. DPS is ok, but easily overwhelmed by groups. DPS is ok, but can't facetank bosses like kabraxis.
I don't feel like rerolling a 3rd character this season. :(
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
PitStains wrote:Unless you have fully switched to SU+/Endgame gear, once you hit 120-125 this build gets slow and sluggish.
https://median-xl.com/char/rerolling_sad This is the current state and it's terrible at Dunc. DPS is ok, but easily overwhelmed by groups. DPS is ok, but can't facetank bosses like kabraxis.

Your gear and charm is way above than what it should at this point, and claw should roll over this content (it's only fauzt that start being a problem)

List of problems I can see :
-You're using the full
Astrogha's Moon
Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)

Darkling
Viper Skin
Angel of Death

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
Maximum Poison Resist +2%
Poison Resist +75%

Set Bonus with complete set:
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+23 to Amatoxin
Slow Target 5%

set with 1 pt way of the spider (help)
-Witchhunter armor and shield give you nothing, dragonheart (you have no source of life, of course you get hurt) + black sheep wall is better
-You have better rings in your stash than equipped
-Your sockets seems completely random
-Only 1pt vamp strike, that's your main dps for kab
-If you want more suvivability you could remove (reduce to 1) a way to use bats, they tank ridiculously good

Also try just hit and running ahrad with shit clic in fauzt, you should't even get hit.
PitStains
Balrog
122 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Lynderika wrote:
PitStains wrote:Unless you have fully switched to SU+/Endgame gear, once you hit 120-125 this build gets slow and sluggish.

Your gear and charm is way above than what it should at this point, and claw should roll over this content (it's only fauzt that start being a problem)

List of problems I can see :
-You're using the full
Astrogha's Moon
Astrogha's Moon
(Wyrd Set)

Darkling
Viper Skin
Angel of Death

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
Maximum Poison Resist +2%
Poison Resist +75%

Set Bonus with complete set:
-25% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+23 to Amatoxin
Slow Target 5%

set with 1 pt way of the spider (help)
-Witchhunter armor and shield give you nothing, dragonheart (you have no source of life, of course you get hurt) + black sheep wall is better
-You have better rings in your stash than equipped
-Your sockets seems completely random
-Only 1pt vamp strike, that's your main dps for kab
-If you want more suvivability you could remove (reduce to 1) a way to use bats, they tank ridiculously good

Also try just hit and running ahrad with shit clic in fauzt, you should't even get hit.

Thanks. I'll try some of those changes suggested.