Malice Necromancer

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Haskell
Dark Huntress
13 | 2
I think that instead of Jinn we can use VK, as he is very, very tanky. Yes, you should keep an eye on him and recast, but it's a viable option, especially with some +minion life/res
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
VK at least can tank some traash, while Jinn.... just doing nothing at all except 2 pierce and 1 max fire res!!!
PS; Ow, wait... main damage is phys/mag? So no any profit from pierce?
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Haskell wrote:I think that instead of Jinn we can use VK, as he is very, very tanky. Yes, you should keep an eye on him and recast, but it's a viable option, especially with some +minion life/res

Oh of course I tried.
I found Veil king to be very bad to use. First off, he's not very very tanky. 1 pt Veil King will not do much better than a Blood Skeleton and has his downside (turn hostile, high mana cost...). He'll die way too fast to "keep an eye on him". And Malice do not has the points to spare to invest in vk, Iron golem passive and blood skeleton to make him barely relevent. Especially when points in the malice tree gives phy res and sd. And you don't want to invest in minion stats, either. And getting a minion gear to cast vk then swap, again, require points investement you don't want.
And above all, he's not needed. There's no situation where you want a vk around. A Blood Skeleton will do the bait work perfectly well enough.

Jhin is just there for +1 max fire res and some visual effect, but overall he's useless, as I precised. Anyway, at some point you'll be using
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Yew Wand (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 38
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 130
Required Dexterity: 168
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Dexterity)%
If you have No Ultimate Skill:
+20% Malice Skill Damage
+375 Life Regenerated per Second
-150% to Summoned Minion Damage
+(3 to 5) to Necromancer Skill Levels
2% Base Block Chance
+(61 to 75) Spell Focus
50% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(31 to 50)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
-3 to Light Radius
Socketed (2)
and forget about them both. But I could recommand to not use any of them from the start for better visibility.
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
How aboute spice this build a bit by adding an Orb of Annihilation as a secondary skill instead of dream eater? I have craft +49 OoA on necro wand and it works very well in Duncraig and Fauzut. Single target bosses might be a problem, but Singularity from
Treachery
Treachery
Belts

'ArcPhul'
Runeword Level: 110
+1 to All Skills
+(5 to 10)% Bonus to Spell Focus
10% Hit Recovery
+(15 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(12 to 15) to Singularity
(15 to 20)% to Energy
+(150 to 250) to Mana
Physical Resist 5%
+(100 to 200) Life when Struck by an Enemy
can do descent job.
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
ixvid_ wrote:How aboute spice this build a bit by adding an Orb of Annihilation as a secondary skill instead of dream eater? I have craft +49 OoA on necro wand and it works very well in Duncraig and Fauzut. Single target bosses might be a problem, but Singularity from
Treachery
Treachery
Belts

'ArcPhul'
+1 to All Skills
10% Hit Recovery
(15 to 20)% to Energy
+(150 to 250) to Mana
Physical Resist 5%
can do descent job.

You'd use OoA instead of Death Ripple, if anything. Both skills accomplish the same thing.
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
ixvid_ wrote:How aboute spice this build a bit by adding an Orb of Annihilation as a secondary skill instead of dream eater? I have craft +49 OoA on necro wand and it works very well in Duncraig and Fauzut. Single target bosses might be a problem, but Singularity from
Treachery
Treachery
Belts

'ArcPhul'
+1 to All Skills
10% Hit Recovery
(15 to 20)% to Energy
+(150 to 250) to Mana
Physical Resist 5%
can do descent job.

It's a good idea ! OOA always work without any special investement so it's a nice thing to add in general. You don't need to change your set up whatsoever though, so no need to concern over that. (also as sio noted, you probably mixed up Death Ripple and Dream eater but np)
I did a few tests with it, but almost everywhere farming normally with Death Ripple felt better. The only place I did have my fun with ooa was in fauzt, there necrobots tank too much (as death ripple is half phy) and enemies are too spread out, so with a mediocre gear, also using ooa on top of malice skills helped clear better.
You can see me playing it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PTB1iA ... j&index=22
Crafting an ooa wand that has good stat is a pain, so what I did is use ooa on swap, cast until mana is empty, go back to my normal set up until mana's back and repeat. But it can be done without the swap too (I'm just addict to adding more buttons). As you said it's a really nice spice, doing it like this is far from amazingly good of course, but I had lots of fun playing it, which is what matters.
Also, because I played like that, if you wanna use ooa as your main attack I can't give much advice, I did not attempt to gather enough mana and regen to make it work, but it should end up nicely.

I was hesitant to talk about oskills in general in a separate section but I ended up only mentionning them (it's only ooa and singularity anyway) in rifts/dungeon they're useful in.. Presentation in a way everyone get the info is hard.
ixvid_
Cog
229 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Lynderika wrote:
Treachery
Treachery
Belts

'ArcPhul'
+1 to All Skills
10% Hit Recovery
(15 to 20)% to Energy
+(150 to 250) to Mana
Physical Resist 5%
can do descent job.

It's a good idea ! OOA always work without any special investement so it's a nice thing to add in general. You don't need to change your set up whatsoever though, so no need to concern over that. (also as sio noted, you probably mixed up Death Ripple and Dream eater but np)
I did a few tests with it, but almost everywhere farming normally with Death Ripple felt better. The only place I did have my fun with ooa was in fauzt, there necrobots tank too much (as death ripple is half phy) and enemies are too spread out, so with a mediocre gear, also using ooa on top of malice skills helped clear better.
You can see me playing it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PTB1iA ... j&index=22
Crafting an ooa wand that has good stat is a pain, so what I did is use ooa on swap, cast until mana is empty, go back to my normal set up until mana's back and repeat. But it can be done without the swap too (I'm just addict to adding more buttons). As you said it's a really nice spice, doing it like this is far from amazingly good of course, but I had lots of fun playing it, which is what matters.
Also, because I played like that, if you wanna use ooa as your main attack I can't give much advice, I did not attempt to gather enough mana and regen to make it work, but it should end up nicely.

I was hesitant to talk about oskills in general in a separate section but I ended up only mentionning them (it's only ooa and singularity anyway) in rifts/dungeon they're useful in.. Presentation in a way everyone get the info is hard.

In fact I was well aware that many of you might think I confused death ripple with dream eater, but actually no! :D The concpet was born in my head as soon as I've found Mana Tide Totem relic! With this equipped I can stil be using
Twisted Mind

Twisted Mind
Necromancer Shields

'ArcOlPhul'
+1 Projectile to Death Ripple
Occult Path: +10 Life per Death Ripple Skill Level
2% Chance to cast level 10 Timefield on Death Blow
+(3 to 5) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(50 to 75)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+10 to all Attributes
10% to Energy
+(100 to 150) Life after each Kill
(30 to 40)% Magic Find
and benefit from this shield in 100% (double death ripple projectile) withoute crafting mana tide totem on necro shield to regain mana after casting 2-3 Orbs. So in my case it is not just crafted necro wand with OoA but also the specific relic. So right now my two main spells for farming are death ripple (double) and OoA. Singularity works very well after timefiled procs turns on and slow the mobs into singularity, but at this point it is overkill, everything is already dead! The fights with fast bosses are troublesome tho, like Kabraxis, but its doable.
ChiefShonah
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
People sleep on this build, doing quite well in 2.3 SSF right now
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
ChiefShonah wrote:People sleep on this build, doing quite well in 2.3 SSF right now

I agree. The build is kinda shadowed by Totem and summon popularity, and the fact that it's big changes went in minor sneaky patches. But the build is strong and ssf-ing with it to 130 is super good, no doubt here. Have fun !
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Lynderika wrote:
ChiefShonah wrote:People sleep on this build, doing quite well in 2.3 SSF right now

I agree. The build is kinda shadowed by Totem and summon popularity, and the fact that it's big changes went in minor sneaky patches. But the build is strong and ssf-ing with it to 130 is super good, no doubt here. Have fun !

I start the league often with malice necro. One of my favorite!!