Starter Tier List for Season 35

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
PitStains
Balrog
121 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
"TIER 1 builds are fast and comfortable, perfect starters. They can possibly run even Fauztinville with just TU/early RW"

I'm using Cold Sorc. Using the guide linked, and geared following the "mid game" setup. I'm using full set with some SU, fully socketed with good jewels, and hitting all the frame break points. I can do Fauzt, but it's painful. I really don't think Fauzt is realistic in TU/RW's.... More so, leveling as Cold Sorc was not a good experience. Just my opinion.
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
PitStains wrote:"TIER 1 builds are fast and comfortable, perfect starters. They can possibly run even Fauztinville with just TU/early RW"

I'm using Cold Sorc. Using the guide linked, and geared following the "mid game" setup. I'm using full set with some SU, fully socketed with good jewels, and hitting all the frame break points. I can do Fauzt, but it's painful. I really don't think Fauzt is realistic in TU/RW's.... More so, leveling as Cold Sorc was not a good experience. Just my opinion.

"Possibly" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there. Definitely so for cold sorc, even though I think it's one of the best Scosglen farmers on budget.

With set, you're probably lacking a lot pierce. Damage is fairly crucial element of surviving. Enemies should fall over to a couple of frigid novas, which isn't that hard to accomplish on a fairly tight budget.
Pulsar
Destroyer
6 | 0
Secret build when? I want it now. :wall:
Kadazzle
Balrog
135 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I will the update the TIER LIST as it is all MESSED up
TIER 1
Blood - Fire Amazon - EASY
Naginata Assassin - If you like pressing buttons this is a GOOD class but I wouldn't say it is STARTER friendly
Earthquake Barbarian Melee play style
Werewolf Druid EASY
Summoner Necromancer EASY
Unholy Melee Paladin I have no idea never played one
Cold Sorceress - Can be done starting out might struggle a little but with Tu's and getting into late game maybe one of the best characters in the game
I WILL now fix Tier 2
I will color list them as what is hard to play and what is easy to play IF it is not in a color then one of two choices either it SUCKS or I have never played it
EASY
Medium
Hard
Dont play
TIER 2
Storm - Caster Amazon, Blood - Magic Missiles Amazon, Javelin Amazon, Psionic Assassin, Throwing - Scorpion Blade Assassin, Elementalist Barb, Whirlwind Poison Barbarian, Summon Barbarian, Wereowl Druid, Poison Druid, Hunter - Elemental Druid, Totem Necromancer, Neutral Paladin, Holy Melee Paladin**, Unholy Caster Paladin*, [Rising Dawn Paladin], Melee Sorceress, Lightning Sorceress, Fire Sorceress

TIER 3
Werebear Druid, [War Cry Barbarian], [Guard Tower Barbarian], Malice Necromancer, Melee Necromancer, Seer - Cold Druid**

TIER 4
Bow - Physical Amazon, Storm - Hammer Amazon, Throwing - Storm Crows Assassin, Spear Amazon, Trap Assassin, Whirlwind Physical Barbarian, Warmonger Barbarian, Bow - Physical Druid, Crossbow Necromancer, [Orb of Annihilation Necromancer], Arcane Sorceress, Seer - Fire Druid

TIER 5
Holy Caster Paladin, Seer - Hurricane Druid

Hope this helps
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Poison druid is firmly tier 2 from this run-through to 140, SSF for literally all bis gear.

Honestly, it's a decent scosglen farmer with devouring cloud for clear and infected roots to pop trees/etherborns/druids, but it does require some decent gear, and the set lets you easily farm fauzt.
105-120 ubers were dead easy with the exception of Ureh (just make Erawan, Truce, maybe Megalith, you need PR up, the boss' HP is as anemic as a kayak in a hurricane). I haven't done sleep yet though, and void still feels tricky with the minion management. Uldyssian was a 10 minute kill at 130 though, so it's got some fight in it.

Guide update forthcoming.
Lynderika
Grubber
314 | 160
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Kadazzle wrote:I will the update the TIER LIST as it is all MESSED up
TIER 1
Naginata Assassin - If you like pressing buttons this is a GOOD class but I wouldn't say it is STARTER friendly
Werewolf Druid EASY
Cold Sorceress - Can be done starting out might struggle a little but with Tu's and getting into late game maybe one of the best characters in the game
I WILL now fix Tier 2
I will color list them as what is hard to play and what is easy to play IF it is not in a color then one of two choices either it SUCKS or I have never played it
EASY
Medium
Hard
Dont play
TIER 2
Storm - Caster Amazon, Blood - Magic Missiles Amazon, Javelin Amazon, Psionic Assassin, Throwing - Scorpion Blade Assassin, Elementalist Barb, Whirlwind Poison Barbarian, Summon Barbarian, Wereowl Druid, Poison Druid, Hunter - Elemental Druid, Totem Necromancer, Neutral Paladin, Holy Melee Paladin**, Unholy Caster Paladin*, [Rising Dawn Paladin], Melee Sorceress, Lightning Sorceress, Fire Sorceress

TIER 3
Werebear Druid, [War Cry Barbarian], [Guard Tower Barbarian], Malice Necromancer, Melee Necromancer, Seer - Cold Druid**

TIER 4
Bow - Physical Amazon, Storm - Hammer Amazon, Throwing - Storm Crows Assassin, Spear Amazon, Trap Assassin, Whirlwind Physical Barbarian, Warmonger Barbarian, Bow - Physical Druid, Crossbow Necromancer, [Orb of Annihilation Necromancer], Arcane Sorceress, Seer - Fire Druid

TIER 5

Hope this helps

I don't think classifying some builds as either hard or easy in a seemingly random manner will help much, you gotta explain your choices and express better what's your point here.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 124
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Tbh I still feel, and believe, that paladin is the best and easiest starter.
Giu
Core Lord
381 | 60
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
TIER 1
Werewolf Druid EASY
I WILL now fix Tier 2
EASY
Medium
Hard
Dont play
TIER 2

TIER 3

TIER 4

TIER 5

Hope this helps

Disagree with all, melee necro Tier 0.
Kadazzle
Balrog
135 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Lynderika wrote:
TIER 1
Werewolf Druid EASY
I WILL now fix Tier 2
EASY
Medium
Hard
Dont play
TIER 2

TIER 3

TIER 4

TIER 5

Hope this helps

I don't think classifying some builds as either hard or easy in a seemingly random manner will help much, you gotta explain your choices and express better what's your point here.

Not trying to write a book...
just trying to help a new player that wouldnt know anything about the game at all... know which of the EASY tier 1 classes NOT to play because it should be placed in tier 3
dertill
Skeleton
3 | 1
Kadazzle wrote:Not trying to write a book...
just trying to help a new player that wouldnt know anything about the game at all... know which of the EASY tier 1 classes NOT to play because it should be placed in tier 3

I wouldn't rate werewolf Tier 1. Boss damage is solid but clearspeed sucks hard as Hitbox of his melee mini hurricane attack is damn small. Just a pain to clear anything, especially ranged attackers that are spread out.

Malice Necro is quite solid as it was last season. Some tanks and quite alright clear speed and very good sustain- and boss-kill skill.

Unholy melee paladin is comparable to earthquake barb. Bit more buffing and skill switching but quick casts helps a lot here and you can get very high peak damage this way. Tier2+ for sure.