Starter Tier List for Season 35

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
131 | 30
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great work -- maybe split the Druid Werewolf listings up between Physical, Cold, and Mana though?
fuppy
Cog
224 | 94
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
MetalMusicMan wrote:Great work -- maybe split the Druid Werewolf listings up between Physical, Cold, and Mana though?

I'm not entirely sure where to rate Cold, so I just merged the 2 builds. Mana isn't going to make the tierlist, since the requirements go far past that of a starter tier list.
IronMan
Lava Lord
90 | 9
Do these UMO dependant builds even work now with the 2 unique UMO/Item cap?
MetalMusicMan
Balrog
131 | 30
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
fuppy wrote:
MetalMusicMan wrote:Great work -- maybe split the Druid Werewolf listings up between Physical, Cold, and Mana though?

I'm not entirely sure where to rate Cold, so I just merged the 2 builds. Mana isn't going to make the tierlist, since the requirements go far past that of a starter tier list.

Super fair re: Mana Wolf, it's more akin to an oskill build changing late game with how niche it is.

I would say Cold is less beginner friendly than Physical at the very start, since you can't even do it until Act 5 normal. It's also a bit less intuitive in general if you consider that elemental damage can't leech, though simply knowing to look for Life on Melee Attack makes that a pretty small hurdle. However, I think in the mid/mid-late game for beginners who are first testing out ubers and such, it is actually much easier than Physical due to how well it performs with a simple Honorific Crystal Sword which is extremely accessible and easy to craft. Similarly, I think it's much better for SSF since you have a much easier time doing good damage at low gear levels and are not locked behind specific drops/runewords like Physical builds.
DontGetMurkt
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Why is phys bow zon tier 1 now? I have wanted to play bow zon for a while but everytime I had read up on them I was deterred from doing so.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
where summon sorc?
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I'd argue against phys bowzon being tier 1.

While it's true that when properly geared she's one of the (if not THE) fastest farmers, the gear needed is by no means "SSF friendly". Even farming Duncraig at any reasonable speed requires you at least have an above average crafted bow, and true speed is only acquired when you craft a decently rolled
Ice Breaker

Ice Breaker
Amazon Bows

'IgnElqIgnGulVex'
Runeword Level: 100
30% Chance to cast level 60 Flamestrike on Kill
60% Attack Speed
15% Cast Speed
+(50 to 430) to Maximum Damage
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
(1 to 25)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Cold Resist +(81 to 100)%
Cannot Be Frozen
. Even with the new Maiden Bow, getting one to drop requires quite a lot of farming on TA, as the drop rate for it is abysmal. Meanwhile other t1 starters can literally farm dunc in TUs
snowbird
Core Lord
359 | 79
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Wearbear can use pentagram for early farmjng
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Diaco wrote:I'd argue against phys bowzon being tier 1.

While it's true that when properly geared she's one of the (if not THE) fastest farmers, the gear needed is by no means "SSF friendly". Even farming Duncraig at any reasonable speed requires you at least have an above average crafted bow, and true speed is only acquired when you craft a decently rolled
Ice Breaker

Ice Breaker
Amazon Bows

'IgnElqIgnGulVex'
60% Attack Speed
15% Cast Speed
Cannot Be Frozen
. Even with the new Maiden Bow, getting one to drop requires quite a lot of farming on TA, as the drop rate for it is abysmal. Meanwhile other t1 starters can literally farm dunc in TUs

Did you try her this patch? Bowa can farm dunc in TUs with a single Ripstar.
Lynderika
Grubber
315 | 160
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Diaco wrote:I'd argue against phys bowzon being tier 1.

Ice Breaker

Ice Breaker
Amazon Bows

'IgnElqIgnGulVex'
60% Attack Speed
15% Cast Speed
Cannot Be Frozen

I might add that I absolutely do not know of a faster 1-120 than bowa. And it's not even close, other fast classes are pretty close to each others but bowa just owns all. I did 4h30 to 120 at season start without anyway training, my reaction ---> lmao

Yes the mastercraft bow drop chance is low, I dropped mine at level 127 -and I did ta since 116-, but even doing that it's leveling faster than others classes lol. Also you can just craft a reflex bow to do 120s if you're in a rush for some reason, while waiting for the for the bow to drop. But in any case the build can chill in ta until the first bow drop, then clear every <=130 ubers for free after getting the craft without ANY other investement. So yes, it is ssf friendly. Icebreaker is the biggest bait of the year and is irrelevant now.