The Wolf's Return: Phys Werewolf Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
TiltedPrimate
Dark Huntress
13 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Anyone had any success with running a merc wondering if its worth investing in otherwise anyone got any updates on their run so far?
intex
Abomination
148 | 1
TiltedPrimate wrote:Anyone had any success with running a merc wondering if its worth investing in otherwise anyone got any updates on their run so far?

You can run the a1 priestess merc with full bowzon set and it is very very strong in fauzt and dunc. Won't work in scos, but will be very good prior to 140
Joe90NZ
Cultist
23 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
intex wrote:
TiltedPrimate wrote:Anyone had any success with running a merc wondering if its worth investing in otherwise anyone got any updates on their run so far?

You can run the a1 priestess merc with full bowzon set and it is very very strong in fauzt and dunc. Won't work in scos, but will be very good prior to 140

What he said, she can handle fautz no problem, scogs is not merc friendly.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I notice, in contrary to last season, that I'm now getting pummeled in Duncraig despite rocking the same gear (Full Marchosias set). What am I doing wrong, or is this an effect of the avoid nerf?

I get nearly oneshot, lvl 124 almost now, but still, super squishy. Basically not the powerhouse it was last season.

THis is where I'm at currently:
https://median-xl.com/char/Hominid

Any help is appreciated!
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
Muilpeer wrote:I notice, in contrary to last season, that I'm now getting pummeled in Duncraig despite rocking the same gear (Full Marchosias set). What am I doing wrong, or is this an effect of the avoid nerf?

I get nearly oneshot, lvl 124 almost now, but still, super squishy. Basically not the powerhouse it was last season.

Any help is appreciated!

When I used the wolf set midgame, I focus on physical dam more than cold pierce, and use Bladestorm (along with Harbinger) instead of Twisted Claw.

The bladestorm was better than I expected, despite that people considered it a meme skill. It can seek very very far, even more than a screen, as I remember. You can lazily shift+leftclick because of its auto homing. And it leeches life.

In duncraig, Harbinger mostly for mobility and repositioning to avoid the barrels, Bladestorm is better if you have troubles with barrels.
The mobs' melee slaps had never been a problem because they're dead before they can slap.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Maertsy wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:I notice, in contrary to last season, that I'm now getting pummeled in Duncraig despite rocking the same gear (Full Marchosias set). What am I doing wrong, or is this an effect of the avoid nerf?

Any help is appreciated!

The mobs' melee slaps had never been a problem because they're dead before they can slap.

This is what I'm running into, my dmg is okay, but I keep getting oneshot. I am a bit confused, I am walking, not running, but still, even simply teleporting along the edges of the groups, I am gone in no time. Meanwhile leveled up from lvl 120 to lvl 125 in Teganze and got only one earth essence and zero Eld runes, so I need to keep farming to improve my gear.

I must be missing something because I don't think that the melee slap from the Duncraig enemies should kill me so fast.

I can give bladestorm a try but I don't think it's going to help me leech fast enough to survive them slaps. And last season I could steamroll Fauzt with the same gear.

Edit:
Bladestorm doesn't work as good for me, but I did a couple more ubers and found out that I can fauzt a bit. Bremmtown was easy but I still can't do CFM. Hope to get it soon. Dunc was also doable after getting these charms but it's still very hit or miss when I can suddenly get pounced.

I should probably farm dunc with my javazon as she has over 250MF, my werewolf only has like 100MF. Wolf is way faster though. Choices, choices...

Edit 2:
Made the RW boots and honorific gloves, Dunc is now a complete steamroll and Fauzt is alright, a bit slow still. It looks like I get stunned in Fauzt or something, it doesn't feel like hit recovery lock, but it feels similar. This only happens in Fauzt.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dang, Ureh is pretty hard with werewolf, before I used to grab it with my WW poison barb which was ez mode, but now nothing is targetable except for those penitent-looking mofo's that oneshot you.

Is this also becauser of the lowered avoid %? I feel that some ubers have gotten a lot harder for werewolfy this season. Still a superb farmer though.
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
@Muilpeer I don't think the avoid change has that much impact.

I just looked at your char. I think you have too little cold pierce and minion res.

1-pointed Harbinger and Twisted convert a large percent of your physical damage to cold. You want rare rings & amulet which give cold pierce (& life leech) instead of those small flat max dam. Shrine crafted gloves can give up to 25 cold pierce.

If feel squishy, I would drop the bear's regen passive and get melee devotion instead. The bear is just like a friend that gives mentality support :lol: On body armor, MO with enhance defense. Sacred shields have way more defense than your TU small shield. I would MO sacred shields with enhance defense too.

MO everything with minion res (except the sword and Windrunner).
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Maertsy wrote:@Muilpeer I don't think the avoid change has that much impact.

I just looked at your char. I think you have too little cold pierce and minion res.

1-pointed Harbinger and Twisted convert a large percent of your physical damage to cold. You want rare rings & amulet which give cold pierce (& life leech) instead of those small flat max dam. Shrine crafted gloves can give up to 25 cold pierce.

If feel squishy, I would drop the bear's regen passive and get melee devotion instead. The bear is just like a friend that gives mentality support :lol: On body armor, MO with enhance defense. Sacred shields have way more defense than your TU small shield. I would MO sacred shields with enhance defense too.

Hey, thanks, yes. These tips aren't all covered in the guide (no MO def mentioned for example, and no mention of using minion res on anything other than rings and amu).

I MO'ed other stats towards farming so I can get better gear. I really need to find a better shield and body armor. When I do I have Lunar weapon ready and waiting.

Previous season I ran with the endgame gear, what I run now comes close, but it's not quite there yet. Double Knuckles, SBS armor, hammerfist, coldhunger, it all made a big difference.

The only one difference I can't quite understand is that I constantly seem to get 'stuck' in Fauzt, unlike last season. It feels like there's an issue in that map. I was able to run Fauzt now with 5pp in game without dying, but it didn't feel safe or comfortable.

I'm currently farming Tran Trophy to add 5% DR, after that I'll consider making changes along the lines that I can make (keeping in mind that I don't have multiples and everything's already MO'ed to the max level) according to your hints, thanks for taking the time to check out my stats!
Deathbringer
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Muilpeer wrote:
Maertsy wrote:@Muilpeer I don't think the avoid change has that much impact.

Hey, thanks, yes. These tips aren't all covered in the guide (no MO def mentioned for example, and no mention of using minion res on anything other than rings and amu).

I MO'ed other stats towards farming so I can get better gear. I really need to find a better shield and body armor. When I do I have Lunar weapon ready and waiting.

Previous season I ran with the endgame gear, what I run now comes close, but it's not quite there yet. Double Knuckles, SBS armor, hammerfist, coldhunger, it all made a big difference.

The only one difference I can't quite understand is that I constantly seem to get 'stuck' in Fauzt, unlike last season. It feels like there's an issue in that map. I was able to run Fauzt now with 5pp in game without dying, but it didn't feel safe or comfortable.

I'm currently farming Tran Trophy to add 5% DR, after that I'll consider making changes along the lines that I can make (keeping in mind that I don't have multiples and everything's already MO'ed to the max level) according to your hints, thanks for taking the time to check out my stats!

Mo minion resists isn't mentioned because it wasn't necessary on 2.4, on 2.5 it is with the primal bond change