The Wolf's Return: Phys Werewolf Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
midknight
Pit Knight
106 | 59
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Symbiosis is fine in labs up to tier 6. Avoid only gets reduced in t7+ labs
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Can we just make mana pulse a buff?

1. When u stop harbinger or pick up drops and stay to check, it is easy for u to run out of mana while mobs around u all dead. U have to run to find a target and hit with mana pulse then harbinger, it feels so clumsy. It is always annoying when this happens.

2. In labs, mana pulse being a buff will clearly be better than an attack.

3. It would be more kind for a wolf with Cherubim in late game if mana pulse a buff.

4. Mooncall of melee sorc was made a buff, and it turns out to be successful. For the same reason, it is better to make mana pulse a buff. I dont know why still keep mana pulse an attack to make more trouble. Is it on purpose cause wolf is already too good?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1220 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
I'm the wrong person to ask, I don't like the buff changes :-P
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Siosilvar wrote:I don't like the buff changes :-P

I kinda agree on it cause wolf is already too good. We should slow it down.
Like shorten the duration of mana pulse to make mana wolf have to mana pulse more to keep its dps ;)

Seriously, mana pulse is whatever, the real point is the twisted claw bug. It matters much whether it is still kept in next patch, especially for veterans.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

Like shorten the duration of mana pulse to make mana wolf have to mana pulse more to keep its dps ;)

Seriously, mana pulse is whatever, the real point is the twisted claw bug. It matters much whether it is still kept in next patch, especially for veterans.

I have a double wrist injury and I'm super happy I don't have to switch more skills with mana pulse :D

Siosilvar wrote:Howl's 25 cold pierce benefits only Harbinger. That said, it's better than nothing, and in labs the avoid you get from Symbiosis is reduced to nothing.

Primal Bond isn't an aura, it's just a passive. You don't need the bear alive for it. Just weigh how much you like bear + heart vs. melee devo - the bear is quite good for most of leveling and midgame but is inconsistent for Scos/Labs.

Special Summons can be used even with Melee Devotion.

Thanks for explaining, it was a bit late yesterday, indeed, it's a passive.

Before I can do labs, I first need to kill Riftwalker 3 haha. So I'll focus on that one first, but it's good to know that avoid gets diminished in higher labs. Though I'll probably make a careful start in Lab1.

Does Labs *always* drop new riftstones, or do I have to keep farming riftwalker to ruin the mood? :P
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:I have a double wrist injury.

Sry to hear that, take more rest, bro.
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
cnlnjzfjb wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:I have a double wrist injury.

Sry to hear that, take more rest, bro.

It's time for vesseldin and other lazy builds :lol:
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
cnlnjzfjb wrote:

Ye I feel like werewolf has been very strong and quick already, should not become more convenient.

Especially when you compare werewolf to another constant warp-strike character like Spearzon. She has to cast a PR buff and melee hit 5 times for another buff every 15s, then she can continue her jumps. But with full buffed the jump is still wolfshit comparing to werewolf's.
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
If you guys want to use the bear I suggest
Lazarus' Chasuble
Lazarus' Chasuble
Light Plate (Sacred)

Defense: 8895 to 10548
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 650
Item Level: 120
+(1 to 2) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(101 to 150)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(16 to 40)% to Summoned Minion Damage
+25% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+200% Enhanced Defense
+666 Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)

Archbishop Lazarus
(Tribute Set)
. High def, 2 max res, 5 PR, 25 minion res, other big minion stats. I wear the armor even without using the bear.
cnlnjzfjb
Horadric Mage
1064 | 24
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Maertsy wrote:Ye I feel like werewolf has been very strong and quick already, should not become more convenient.

Especially when you compare werewolf to another constant warp-strike character like Spearzon. She has to cast a PR buff and melee hit 5 times for another buff every 15s, then she can continue her jumps. But with full buffed the jump is still wolfshit comparing to werewolf's.

Ye. I dont know much about spearzon cause never played it myself, but barely no ppl I know do spearzon, just like bowdruid/throwbarb. From what I heard, I'd rather not try spearzon :lol:
I tried bowdruid this season, both physical and ele, not so bad as I expected. I can see why ppl dont do it. And I even tested bowdruid with relics, Chillstring + Coldhunger combo bowdruid with Wyrmshot relic is actually very fun in maps like dunc and fauzt, it can even do scos with some gear and charms.