The Wolf's Return: Phys Werewolf Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Found Dyers eve and Giants Knuckle in one Fauzt run today, also the run that got me to lvl 135.

I'm now preparing for The last Riftwalker in the Realm of Lies. It's going to be my first time and after this I'll be trying out Void. Are there any specific strategies I should know about that specifically relate to this phys werewolf druid build? Or could I just read any other guide that explains how to do these ubers and will the werewolf not have any problems?

I am not sure if Dyers eve is better than Beads of the Snake Queen. It feels like the kill speed is a bit lower with Dyers. Also, switching from Ripstar to Giants Knuckle lowered my dmg a bit, but that doesn't take into account the 5% DS and the other godly stats. I'm guessing Dyers eve might be safer, but lower dmg.

Shield of Hakan is also in my possession, but I guess that's also mostly for farming Scos or something as Lightforge seems to give a bit more damage. Any ideas on this?
Tnt1094
Abomination
155 | 16
Muilpeer wrote:Found Dyers eve and Giants Knuckle in one Fauzt run today, also the run that got me to lvl 135.

I'm now preparing for The last Riftwalker in the Realm of Lies. It's going to be my first time and after this I'll be trying out Void. Are there any specific strategies I should know about that specifically relate to this phys werewolf druid build? Or could I just read any other guide that explains how to do these ubers and will the werewolf not have any problems?

I am not sure if Dyers eve is better than Beads of the Snake Queen. It feels like the kill speed is a bit lower with Dyers. Also, switching from Ripstar to Giants Knuckle lowered my dmg a bit, but that doesn't take into account the 5% DS and the other godly stats. I'm guessing Dyers eve might be safer, but lower dmg.

Shield of Hakan is also in my possession, but I guess that's also mostly for farming Scos or something as Lightforge seems to give a bit more damage. Any ideas on this?

The twisted claw skill has a stupid mechanic there is to move away from the enemy for a short distance and start hitting the enemy, small twisted ones will fly in enemys, they cause many times more damage than if you just stand very close to the enemy, with 3 rifts you move away a little from the boss and hit the main thing is not to do the name lock
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
Muilpeer wrote:Found Dyers eve and Giants Knuckle in one Fauzt run today, also the run that got me to lvl 135.

Life steal from
Dyers Eve
Dyers Eve
Amulet

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 120
5% Chance to cast level 5 Time Strike on Striking
+2 to All Skills
Adds 15-20 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Elemental Resists +10%
Physical Resist (1 to 10)%
and
Giant's Knuckle
Giant's Knuckle
Ring

20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
(5 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
5% Deadly Strike
+25 Life Regenerated per Second
Physical Resist 5%
should be counted when considering items, since 2 LL => 1 cold pierce. A small amount, but ye.

How can
Lightforge
Lightforge
Kite Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (4144 - 5055) to (5252 - 6315)
Chance to Block: Class%
Required Strength: 550
Required Dexterity: 559
Item Level: 105
Gematria
(Bonus per Socketed Great/Elemental Runes)
+5% Physical Resist
-5% Elemental Resists
+25% Bonus to Defense
1% Chance to cast level 10 Thunder Hammer on Striking
-10% Movement Speed
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
+(500 to 1000) Defense
+(1000 to 2000) Defense vs. Missile
+(30 to 50) to all Attributes
+(30 to 50) Life after each Demon Kill
Socketed (4)
give dam? Stone runes? Before Scos and Lab i prefer Lightforge though.

Riftwalker3, like the buddy above mentioned. Better to shift+attack near the boss instead of directly attack the boss.
Swoleboi
Destroyer
7 | 0
Maertsy wrote:

Life steal from
Dyers Eve
Dyers Eve
Amulet

+2 to All Skills
Adds 15-20 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Elemental Resists +10%
and
Giant's Knuckle
Giant's Knuckle
Ring

20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
5% Deadly Strike
Physical Resist 5%
should be counted when considering items, since 2 LL => 1 cold pierce. A small amount, but ye.

How can
Lightforge
Lightforge
Kite Shield (Sacred)

Gematria
+5% Physical Resist
-5% Elemental Resists
+25% Bonus to Defense
-10% Movement Speed
+(500 to 1000) Defense
Socketed (4)

Riftwalker3, like the buddy above mentioned. Better to shift+attack near the boss instead of directly attack the boss.

Thanks for that tip, I also thought that Lightforge was better, I'll try to find a Hakan II shield. It should add survivability, even though you lose 20% PR.

Why do you prefer Lightforge before Scos and Lab?
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
Swoleboi wrote:...
Why do you prefer Lightforge before Scos and Lab?

It's just I feel that flat 20% physical res is better at that middle stage of game (Dunc, Faut...), compares to max ele res, and the potential of block (not invested enough dex).
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Maertsy wrote:

Life steal from
Dyers Eve
Dyers Eve
Amulet

+2 to All Skills
Adds 15-20 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Elemental Resists +10%
and
Giant's Knuckle
Giant's Knuckle
Ring

20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
5% Deadly Strike
Physical Resist 5%

How can
Lightforge
Lightforge
Kite Shield (Sacred)

Gematria
+5% Physical Resist
-5% Elemental Resists
+25% Bonus to Defense
-10% Movement Speed
+(500 to 1000) Defense
Socketed (4)

Thanks for the tips both, I tried him about 5 times now, lowest I got his health was 50% so far. I can see the ball above his head when he spawns a helper, then I move into the blue circle, and I go back when it disappears. I keep on using twisted claw and mana sweep but after a while all of a sudden he just oneshots me without any indication of me being in danger.

I made sure not to step into any of the lightning circles yet he still manages to oneshot me out of nowhere. Is this uber just very RNG related sometimes?

Also died once with the entire screen filled with lightning circles so I had no place to stand.

It does go fast, like, longest I stayed alive was maybe 30 seconds, that's when I got him to 50%, but beyond that it's mostly 20 secs, not longer.

I use Shield of Hakan with 4x stone runes in it right now for the phys to cold conversion.

Also tried Scos, scos is doable, but I cannot kill the etherborns which is strange as by ww poison barb can easily do scos and etherborns. WW just feels very vulnerable to them somehow. My barb can tank the etherborns way better even though werewolf has better avoid.

This is my current setup:
https://median-xl.com/char/artwodeetwo
Maertsy
Rust Claw
87 | 8
Muilpeer wrote:
Maertsy wrote:

Life steal from
Dyers Eve
Dyers Eve
Amulet

+2 to All Skills
Adds 15-20 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Elemental Resists +10%
and
Giant's Knuckle
Giant's Knuckle
Ring

20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
5% Deadly Strike
Physical Resist 5%

How can
Lightforge
Lightforge
Kite Shield (Sacred)

Gematria
+5% Physical Resist
-5% Elemental Resists
+25% Bonus to Defense
-10% Movement Speed
+(500 to 1000) Defense
Socketed (4)

Thanks for the tips both, I tried him about 5 times now, lowest I got his health was 50% so far. I can see the ball above his head when he spawns a helper, then I move into the blue circle, and I go back when it disappears. I keep on using twisted claw and mana sweep but after a while all of a sudden he just oneshots me without any indication of me being in danger.

I made sure not to step into any of the lightning circles yet he still manages to oneshot me out of nowhere. Is this uber just very RNG related sometimes?

Also died once with the entire screen filled with lightning circles so I had no place to stand.

It does go fast, like, longest I stayed alive was maybe 30 seconds, that's when I got him to 50%, but beyond that it's mostly 20 secs, not longer.

I use Shield of Hakan with 4x stone runes in it right now for the phys to cold conversion.

Also tried Scos, scos is doable, but I cannot kill the etherborns which is strange as by ww poison barb can easily do scos and etherborns. WW just feels very vulnerable to them somehow. My barb can tank the etherborns way better even though werewolf has better avoid.

Don't rush and panic in Riftwalker 3, man. You missed his other kinds of attack, which slained you. I believe this mini-guide could help:
viewtopic.php?t=69469

-----
I can't be sure when talking about poison WW / werewolf when fighting etherborns.

My first guess is, etherborns have cold absorb. But you're a physical wolf...

Second, as a poison ww you have alot of flat vitality and + %vitality (and tons of defense vs trash mobs around etherborn). It's much more tanky than the pseudo tanky Avoid.

And which more important is, as a poison ww you're always moving while you're hitting. Did your wolf just run straight into etherborn's face and slap tornados?

You may try shift+leftclick tornado and maneuver to dodge his skill.
You may try replacing your
Hammerfist
Hammerfist
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: (1227 - 1450) to (1436 - 1697)
Required Strength: 625
Adds (1 to 15)-(20 to 30) Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
+(15 to 25) to Spiral Dance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +(30 to 60)%
+(120 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
Elemental Resists +15%
Socketed (4)
by
Hellmouth
Hellmouth
Heavy Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (1680 - 1976) to (3252 - 3566)
Required Strength: 525
Adds 125-250 Magic Damage
+12 to Rock Shock
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(500 to 2000) Defense
(11 to 15)% to Strength
Regenerate Mana -50%
Maximum Fire Resist +(1 to 2)%
(25 to 50)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
, to combo up with your Sash of frozen sea. With those 2 items, you don't have to stop your move for a mana pulse.
Tnt1094
Abomination
155 | 16
Muilpeer wrote:
Maertsy wrote:

Life steal from
Dyers Eve
Dyers Eve
Amulet

+2 to All Skills
Adds 15-20 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Elemental Resists +10%
and
Giant's Knuckle
Giant's Knuckle
Ring

20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
5% Deadly Strike
Physical Resist 5%

How can
Lightforge
Lightforge
Kite Shield (Sacred)

Gematria
+5% Physical Resist
-5% Elemental Resists
+25% Bonus to Defense
-10% Movement Speed
+(500 to 1000) Defense
Socketed (4)

Personally, I don’t advise pumping symbiosis with 1 point enough, I definitely advise you to take howl of the spirits for 10 points and continuity 3 points in my case (maybe you need to invest more)use skill no rollback, yet you need to take melee devotion because the bear and the heart of the pack are useless in the late game
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Tnt1094 wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Maertsy wrote:

Life steal from
Dyers Eve
Dyers Eve
Amulet

+2 to All Skills
Adds 15-20 Damage
5% Life stolen per Hit
Elemental Resists +10%
and
Giant's Knuckle
Giant's Knuckle
Ring

20% Attack Speed
Adds 10-15 Damage
5% Deadly Strike
Physical Resist 5%

How can
Lightforge
Lightforge
Kite Shield (Sacred)

Gematria
+5% Physical Resist
-5% Elemental Resists
+25% Bonus to Defense
-10% Movement Speed
+(500 to 1000) Defense
Socketed (4)

Personally, I don’t advise pumping symbiosis with 1 point enough, I definitely advise you to take howl of the spirits for 10 points and continuity 3 points in my case (maybe you need to invest more)use skill no rollback, yet you need to take melee devotion because the bear and the heart of the pack are useless in the late game

Interesting insight, I also checked the guide maker's character sheet and it appears they played until lvl 133 so everything else could be theoretical unless they continued offline somehow.

I'm not sure how bear doesn't contribute because the aura of 'primal bond' pumps pretty high EWD, though it does stay alive and actually has pretty high dmg output.

Would taking Melee Devotion not mean that Vine Companion is also disabled, or does a 'special summon' not count towards the 'no summons' rule? In that case maybe survival instinct might be an interesting one to try.

Do you have a link to your build?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1223 | 265
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Howl's 25 cold pierce benefits only Harbinger. That said, it's better than nothing, and in labs the avoid you get from Symbiosis is reduced to nothing.

Primal Bond isn't an aura, it's just a passive. You don't need the bear alive for it. Just weigh how much you like bear + heart vs. melee devo - the bear is quite good for most of leveling and midgame but is inconsistent for Scos/Labs.

Special Summons can be used even with Melee Devotion.