What games are you playing atm?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
If you think DS1 was hard and thus offputting dont even consider Bloodborne. Hands down the hardest of all soulsborne games on a first playthrough. Bloodborne is <3
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
@Shade

Grim Dawn - Looking forward for it if it will go below than 50% than on steam.

PoE - Probably not newbie friendly game, i think their goals is to re-create the feel when playing ladder on closed battle net with season / realm only RW (poe use season specific item). I dont have much problem with graphic except maybe the flashy / size of particle effect (I have problem with my old saboteur + .... flame nova bomb that filled whole screen with oversize nova)

D3 - RoS especially was fun for casual playtime. Couple of early of season was fun with new feature but lately I dont think i can go back to it unless they have gameplay feature (I liked the treasure goblin + kanai cube patch)

Hearthstone - Still playing them casually doing daily quest. Was collecting as much gold as possible for next expansion. ETA in 11 hours. I was planning to play it on phone only, but since it was graphic intensive, I installed it on work laptop instead.

Bridge - Never heard of it, get me intrigued. I will check it out.

Dark Souls - If you think dark souls is too hard, then I would suggest to start with Dark Souls 2. It it more casual and much easier (intuitive?) for me. Dark souls series fun is more about discovering new area + playstyle that fit you. I kinda spoiled myself by reading wiki / guide (because pirate SP doesnt get online marker / tips from other player in game lol).

Other ARPG I can suggest: Victor Vran (best with controller), Titan quest (a bit slow for my taste atm), Torchlight series (1 and 2 both are good), Witcher 2 (super cheap, play on high difficulty, not exactly loot based).

Lastly, i really recommended this game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/25203 ... ssal_City/
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Hellblade : Senua's Sacrifice (behold the glory of motion blurring... )

iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Considered I just finished both Ninja Theory's Enslaved and DMC (playing them at the moment), I just hope that game at least have decent story / immersion experience.

Enslaved story wise was good, except for the ending. I kinda "hate" the gameplay since the combat not exactly the best there, many minor issues in it.
DmC is good overall despite old-DMC fan hated it so much. I used to finish it with pirate copy and Im kinda have fun and want to do more with the game (including buying vergil's downfall dlc)

I heard anyone excepting super extreme hack n slash will be disappointed with Hellblade since it is more toward walking simulator + horror experience? I just hope for another game can replicate experience I get from playing Soma.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
The combat system seems rudimentary at first in Hellblade i.e. when you have simple 1vs1 combat where you only need to mash light and heavy attacks to win. It changes where you have to fight 3,4, sometimes 5 guys back to back, where you have to be alot more tactical with overextending your attacks and time counters just right, go ham with attacks and youre likely to end up with 3 or 4 backattacks before you know it. Also the game has no HUD whatsoever, your only way of knowing when youre about to get attacked from the back is when the voices in her head (since Senua suffers from schizophrenia/psychosis) warn you youre in danger "Watch out!" "Behind you!" ; that alone makes combat rather immersive.

My only gripe is norse runes puzzle sections , it slows the pace way too much, from visceral combat and creepy horror vibe to a "match the shapes" section ... Oh well.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Leveling Valkyr Prime before burying myself in moonrunes again.

Frytas
Onyx Knight
613 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I wanted to replay Doom's single player campaign today(well, a few missions at least),but there's a 35gb update standing in my way. With my shitty connection, it's gonna take a day to download, and from what I've read, it's all just multiplayer shit I don't even care about. Fucking fantastic.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2327 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
"Ultra Nightmare Pistol Only No Frags No Hologram No Siphon Grenades No Upgrades Deathless Run" , go.
Frytas
Onyx Knight
613 | 97
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Prime_Evil wrote:"Ultra Nightmare Pistol Only No Frags No Hologram No Siphon Grenades No Upgrades Deathless Run" , go.

I wish I was that good :D I'm trash at fps games(and games in general,tbh),I most likely wouldn't be able to do Hurt me plenty deathless with no other restrictions :lol: Ultra-violence with occasional deaths is perfectly fine for a filthy casual like me

edit: intended to write "wouldn't", but wrote "would" instead, fixed
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just finished Dante Must die difficulty for DmC 2013, wasnt planned to 100% it but suddenly the DLC got discount right couple of days after I uninstalled it.
I 100% Vergil Downfall (it is damn easy to SSS with vergil and super fun).

So I got 2 difficulty left Heaven or Hell (you and enemy die in 1 hit) and Hell and Hell (you die in 1 hit, got 3 tries, enemy full health).
Then after that is to get SSS rank on all nephilim (hard difficulty) missions. And 1 more extra achievement where you dont take damage on 1 specific mission.
At least I got Super Dante unlocked (unlimited Devil Trigger) and I could cheese those 2 difficulty easily and the game will be considered done.

I really wanted to play Hellblade now after finished watching development diary from Ninja Theory but Im a bit afraid it might need high end pc (unreal 3 pc is optimized, but havent tried unreal 4 engine game yet). It is quite cheap, but atm it is same price as Witcher 3 GOTY which I planned to get as well someday.