MXL alternative

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I will swap to Hearthstone. This is a card game from Blizzard.
Edited by Pinball 6 years.
Alkaiser
Balrog
122 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Medieval 2, Dark Souls, Transistor, Witcher 3 and Arcanum.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Victor Vran game looks interesting too.
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Grim dawn, in all honesty, is just ok for me. I feel like the trees don't compliment eachother very well, and most of the skills are just boring. Also, I may be alone here, but I think its artstyle is horrendous.

But it does have a nice use of physics, and combat feels really good (minus the very wonky animations.)

Also, Victor Vran was pretty lame man. ^^^

No skill trees. Your equipped weapon determines your skills. It's really more of an action arcade platformer than an Arpg.
hellgrind
Mangler
458 | 21
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I highly recommend Transistor. This game is just epic :) Super storyline, and switching between RTG and TBG is super cool feature. Also fights are really challenging sometimes and they require some good future thinking and strategy.
Taem
Necrobot
2473 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Going to give Darkest Dungeon a try soon.
Texalic
Grubber
333 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Heathen wrote:Grim dawn, in all honesty, is just ok for me. I feel like the trees don't compliment eachother very well, and most of the skills are just boring. Also, I may be alone here, but I think its artstyle is horrendous.

But it does have a nice use of physics, and combat feels really good (minus the very wonky animations.)

Also, Victor Vran was pretty lame man. ^^^

No skill trees. Your equipped weapon determines your skills. It's really more of an action arcade platformer than an Arpg.

True, Grim dawn is ok, but I will rather wait to test it when it gets released.

lol, Victor Vran is more than lame, it sucks, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I said that it looks interesting, but that was before trying, don't play it, imo is not worth at all.
Jaedong
Detonator
792 | 56
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
dragon quest 1-3, any elder scrolls?
Borgin
Stygian Watcher
42 | 3
Greg: Grim Dawn is good but unfinished. Unlike many other games that release the entire game unpolished, Grim Dawn has been very polished but you can't finish the game yet, to my understanding. Also the updates are pretty slow. Apparently the full game will be finished by 2016, so at this point you may as well wait. It feels exactly like Titan Quest, so if you want to see if you'd like it, get TQ.

I'll just list what I've been playing recently based on Steam, because my gaming attention span is awful. Fallout: New Vegas (I got A Tale of Two Wastelands mod and it's amazing), Skyrim, Card Hunter, Path of Exile, Deathtrap, Terraria. Lately, though, I've been getting nearly-painful nostalgia for old games I played when I was a teen- stuff like Final Fantasy X or old Disgaea games, Patapon, stuff I haven't played since high school. No idea what came over me, but lately it's like I just want to relive all those old memories.

[edit]
Taem, Darkest Dungeon is very good. The art style is super cool, the game is REALLY unforgiving to the point where sometimes I get pissed off, but overall it is so flavorful and rewarding to play intelligently that it's all worth it.

If you like the idea of Victor Vran, check out The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing. It's now a trilogy, but the first game is the only one I've played so far, and it is incredibly solid. You can use an xbox controller, too, which is great because I love sitting back and "relaxing" while gaming.
Edited by Borgin 8 years.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Dark Souls. Although after burning about 250 hours recently im trying to find another RPG to burn myself on out on. I wish DS3 would come sooner... :<