Baldur's Gate and other Infinity Engine games.

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Be it Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter, Icewindale, Pillars of Eternity, or Divinity - Original Sin. Basically any isometric RPG based upon the old school days of Dungeons and Dragons.

Currently playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, which is a release on steam that adds new content and of course no 5x CD's to constantly change around :D

I'm currently in Durlag's Tower on 453rd* day of my characters solo adventure. Possibly one of the hardest dungeons, and one with the most twisted sense of humor in terms of it's design. 99% of the stuff you open will have a trap, as well as about every 5 steps, on top of ridiculously tanky skeletons, ghasts (petrify attacks), blood golems, and slimes. As the final part of the dungeons, I have to deal with greater dopplegangers, with their greater haste and mirror images, solve a puzzle which forced me to fight 4 dwarves, and even more dopplegangers which I'll be fighting tomorrow. This took me the whole afternoon, and I have only gone down two levels. There are 'ast least 2 more levels based on pathways I haven't even gone to yet .-.

Heres my character. Granted I have a lot of items in some barrels, since I'm very limited on inventory space. Doesen't help that these ward stones shoot fireballs at me when I try to remove them from my inventory :D

► Show Spoiler
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
BE ED is stellar, but the game play itself is aged. I still prefer original BG with One World mod (like 200+ mods in one) myself.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Taem wrote:BE ED is stellar, but the game play itself is aged. I still prefer original BG with One World mod (like 200+ mods in one) myself.

I still enjoy it /don't mind it as much primarily because I play tabletop rpgs still. I enjoy the nostalgia of the chaotic dice rolls :D

In one of my previous campaigns, I kept rolling flat out 1s on roll.20.net while using the pathfinder ruleset. I was playing as a witch who was stalking in the trees before fighting the goblins... I would up landing on one of them with my ass... constantly tripping... my co-dm had to give me some mercy and let me kill them because we figured at that point the system was indeed rigged :D

Now of course the Infinity Engine games don't quite give that same magic, but I still get fond nostalgia of seeing those 1 and 20 rolls in the game chat.

Also I forgot to mention, but the game is quite clearly not designed to be played solo :evil:
Since I'm not a cleric or have a cleric in my party (since solo run), I wind up resting for several weeks whenever I'm wounded with my 40+ HP. This hilariously causes monsters to respawn all around me in dungeons, even if I just FoW an area I just rested at :twisted:

In addition, XP gain is super rewarding for solo play. This was only day 2 of playing, and I'm challenging one of the hardest dungeons in the game, and have access (but can't use yet) rank 6 spells. Since I'm multiclassing though, P is split between my three classes, and I'm almost already at max level for all of them (*8 I think it is?). So it wont be too long before I'm maxed out.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
RE: BG; Custom characters, single player, create all fighters specializing in bows. You will own the game retarded, but you never get any cool new PC's.

RE: Pathfinder; I personally can't stand the d20 system anymore. So broken past level 10 and players always, repeat ALWAYS forget to add in all of their fucking bonuses. Pathfinder is more like a fucking meta-game of mathematical calculations. 5e is infinitely superior in every way imaginable. However, I am sympathetic to your story because in 2E, there was the regular goblin and the DM kept rolling 20's with him while we could NOT hit him (fucken RNG god in action), so after this shit killed half our party, the DM found it humorous to buff this goblin (Goblin King) and turned him into an arch-villain of ours, randomly showing up throughout the main campaign to exact revenge for us killing his clan.