Souls series (Dark, Demons, Bloodborne)

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Recently bought DS2 today... and then I got Dark Soulsd

cnoltz
Cog
205 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
You should do a Bloodborne lets play as well, Souls without a shield!
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Just recently finished Bloodborne after playing it on and off since I got it on Xmas last year. Only got it because I got a surprise PS4 Xmas gift last year. Quite honestly one of the best games I've played next to initially playing Dark Souls 1.

It's basically Dark Souls but more fast paced, lack of shields, and Lovecraftian/Victorian/Gothic inspiration in it's art. Make me want to read some Cthulu books now after playing the game. The detail in this game is ridiculous, as dark and bleak as it is, in story and environment. You play as a hunter of beasts, as the scourge that has caused beast to spread quickly once again in the city of Yharnam. Of course there is some spooky Eldritch stuff as a result of it, and it's up to you how you stop it, figure out whats happening, or even embrace it. It's dark and very messed up, it will probably make you say "What the actual fuck" a couple of times, even more so once you look into the deepest of details. The story, as per usual now with From Soft's soulsy games, is hidden and broken apart. It's up to you to figure out whats going on, or even in some specific instances, make up what you think happened. I read a 108 page essay on someone theorycrafting what he believed happened. If you played through the game, I definitely recommend you give it a read: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5 ... K-vZ8/edit

Is it worth buying a PS4 just for it? Yes. It's not fair of course for it to be a console exclusive, it never is. A console will never out-feature and outclass a PC. It's a fantastic game regardless.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Segolia wrote:Just recently finished Bloodborne after playing it on and off since I got it on Xmas last year. Only got it because I got a surprise PS4 Xmas gift last year. Quite honestly one of the best games I've played next to initially playing Dark Souls 1.

It's basically Dark Souls but more fast paced, lack of shields, and Lovecraftian/Victorian/Gothic inspiration in it's art. Make me want to read some Cthulu books now after playing the game. The detail in this game is ridiculous, as dark and bleak as it is, in story and environment. You play as a hunter of beasts, as the scourge that has caused beast to spread quickly once again in the city of Yharnam. Of course there is some spooky Eldritch stuff as a result of it, and it's up to you how you stop it, figure out whats happening, or even embrace it. It's dark and very messed up, it will probably make you say "What the actual fuck" a couple of times, even more so once you look into the deepest of details. The story, as per usual now with From Soft's soulsy games, is hidden and broken apart. It's up to you to figure out whats going on, or even in some specific instances, make up what you think happened. I read a 108 page essay on someone theorycrafting what he believed happened. If you played through the game, I definitely recommend you give it a read: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JL5 ... K-vZ8/edit

Is it worth buying a PS4 just for it? Yes. It's not fair of course for it to be a console exclusive, it never is. A console will never out-feature and outclass a PC. It's a fantastic game regardless.

Bloodborne is easily on my top 5 games of all time. Better than DS1 imo and thats saying alot since i also love DS1 to death. I have dumped hundreds of hours easily into new games with freaky ass builds and naked runs (including DLC bosses ofc),

The story like you said is very open ended in most of it, but here's how it goes : (wall of text which i wil spoiler tag ofc because spoilers)

► Show Spoiler

Wow. End of text wall. Fingers hurt.

I didnt cover the three endings because yeah. Dont open this spoiler tag if you havent seen all endings. I still think
► Show Spoiler

I really fucking love Bloodborne.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
► Show Spoiler
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
► Show Spoiler

And now for something not that completely different but thats making me want to cover it soon since i already did Ludwig's theme :

iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I enjoy playing DS series although I admit I didnt fully experience all the component (because YAWR!! version and I disliked multiplayer in general).

Dark souls 1 is more about getting used to clunky mechanic, especially on pc without controller. The environment and lore of it is very rich and I feel bad because I read a lot of spoiler because I kinda try to understand the game more after getting ass kicked 125353 time at 2nd boss LOL.

Dark souls 2 scream PC OPTIMIZATION~~ on how smooth the game is despite I was running it on my old pc (7years?~~). Although boss and environment design abit lackluster, but I love several improvement on battle mechanic (dual wield greatsword sword? fuk yeah!). Despite hardcore player hate it, I can say that I enjoyed most of the DLC especially the last one (the ivory king?)

Dark souls 3 on the other hand, MORE ENVIRONMENT DETAILS, return of firelink shrine and interesting boss fight, although sometimes it feel weaker because of the linear progression, weird bonfire location and lack of poise for heavy armor build. I think enemy design and AI quite more abit interesting although sometimes there are couple of SURPRISE MUTHAFUCKA mobs placement.

Personally I dunno which one was best for me, but I gonna say I enjoyed Dark Souls2 (scholar of the first sin) and those DLC the most than DS1 or DS3(without DLC).

*If only they remastered demon souls, probably I can get PS4 just to try it with bloodborne.
Segolia
Djinn
541 | 38
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I personally hated 2 with a burning passion in my heart in comparison to 3 and 1. The development of it had to be re-done entirely partway through it's creation, and a lot of it shows. PvP was good, but I don't play any of the souls games for PvP primarily. Haven't played Demon Souls myself sadly, I badly wanted to when I heard about it in my early teens.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Yea, didnt like DS2 much either. the DLC was better than the vanilla game but the damage was done.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Bump.

Bloodborne is one of the best games ever.

/bump