What games are you playing atm?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
finish 2 more games. No modern games interested me (maybe cuphead because i know it can run well on my old pc)

1. Dead Effect
Mediocre zombie shooter made with unity and mobile port. Speedback solved the slow gameplay problem. Thankfully the later level is easier once you collected enough resource to upgrade your weapon. And somehow the game have character upgrade in the level instead that slightly boost various aspect of gameplay (weird, usually you made them from gaining experience right?). Not gonna do new game plus and tick it off as completed

2. DMC 4 SE
Ah finally, the Legendary Dark Knight was too difficult for me that I made full use of all items in the game (thx fully it quite easy to restock the money in this difficulty). So far I love the Vergil playstyle (easy, flashy with teleport) and Lady (shotgun as super crowd killer). I dont think i want to spend more than 90 hours to try have a chance to clear blood palace, i tried with vergil and died at first boss lol. Gonna tick it as completed, although Im not sure if Im gonna uninstalled it yet since it is currently my best game to play with my beloved game controller. Complete the story mode 3 times made me kinda understand why people disliked DMC 4 (you fighting the same boss 3 times throughout 20 levels... wth)

3. Paladin
Replay back the game abit after couple of months hiatus. Gosh now there is even more champions and new currency for the game. It is almost as become as mobile free to play game (wait it is free to play...).At least there are more incentive to play ranked mode rather than casual, although i dont think im gonna go that route.I still have performance issue with the game and I dislike playing with other people + mic / voice chat. Lets see if im willing to do daily grind or not, my playskill was really rusty.

Looking back at my backlog, I got way too much RPG game that required more than 50 hours each... that i havent completed...Thx fully that recent humble bundle are a bit... not something that I wanted (waiting for upcoming tuesday for another new bundle). I should tackling one of them at least everyday :(

*To reward whoever are still reading this thread, I have link for a decent game from Capcom, called Strider. It is decent action / hack / slash / platformer / metrovania game that can be play with keyboard / controller. One of the best in its genre and better if you like to speed run it.
Please claim only if you are interested to play it and say something if you did claim it so nobody else will try to claim it.
► Show Spoiler
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Tsundere , Espresso and gore. The finer things in life.

edit :

Started my blind playthrough on the hardest difficulty setting on launch day because yolo , just beat the game. 14 hours, i might go for a speedrun tomorrow or something to get under 4 or 5 hours now that i know where to go , what to expect , boss phases , etc.

Also, this turned out to be a really good survival horror game, i was expecting something on the "decent" margin , but its surprisingly pretty good. My only gripe with it is that it leans a bit more on combat gameplay than The Evil Within 1 , but the devs managed to nail the psychological horror pretty well at least. 8/10
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Finished 3 more games, and went through a lot of games that was in my steam backlog. atm majority of them are not something that i want to play casually without needing to learn all of the game mechanic.

1. Nekopara vol 2
Mostly just the continuation of the series. Basically each volume focus on relationship with 2 of the catgirls (Chocola and Vanilla in 1st vol, and Azuki + Coconut for 2nd vol). There arent anything special beside the beautiful animation with the VN engine. Getting all achievements was super easy since it just a kinetic VN (no route / branching).Atm, im guess i already got what i wanted from buying whole tier 3 of humble bundle (there are couple of more better VN but im just gonna install 1 VN game at 1 time)
There is H-patch and sex scenes if you are into that, just search for it online.

2. Neverending Nightmares
If you watched many online lets play, chance are you will already seen this game. It have very unique artstyle with monotone colour with minor splash of red. But if you asked me, I wouldnt recommend it since most of the time, the gameplay is just walking through multiple scenes while dodging some enemy in some area. Since there is no life system, you are pretty gonna just continue the game from nearby room. There is seem some story for it but mostly doesnt make sense at all aside from giving you shock factor. (My recommendations? Try silence of the sleep or distraint instead)

3. Shadow Warrior 2013
Gosh finally I finished this game after so long time. I dunno if choosing hard difficulty was a good choice or not, but since this game is kinda like old style shooter, it feel like you are going around arena to arena with mix n match of different encounter combination of enemy. Story wise is almost engaging but since it was delivered mostly via cinematic so you doesnt feel much connection with the story (except with your partner Hoji since he tend to barter around conversation with the main character, Lo Wang). The game do have skill progression, varied choice of weapons and powerful melee katana, but I do feel that the game kinda draggy with hour long chapter. Mostly maybe the problem that enemy is kinda like bullet sponge, deal a lot of damage, some enemy required you to shoot on specific weak spot and healing while running away because you took too much damage. I probably just recommend to go for normal difficulty or casual if you just wanted to finished the story. Enemy health and dmg scaled a bit too high (not sure about enemy count).

If you interested with my current steam backlog category. Random fact : I started collecting games from steam summer 2015 (around 2 years + 5 months now)
► Show Spoiler
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Again no new game completed this week, but 2 games have been filling my time.

1. Furi
I got this game for free some other local discord channel. I been wanting the game for a while but havent seen it in any cheap bundle yet. So far i already reached until final boss was told that final boss is one of the hardest. Overall I loved the experience as it kinda remind me fast clutch that need quick reflex boss like DmC, bullet hell from touhou series as well as minimalistic storytelling. Some bosses are fun with their unique mechanic while some are trick and need time to get used to (not sure if furi or cuphead is harder lol). But the game is less punishing since you can regen health if you parry boss attack and there are some phases that give you health pickup inside one of the boss bullet. I will probably gonna try harder difficulty and quit if it is too hard and consume too much time to practice for it.

2. Van Hellsing the Final Cut
Apparently this basically a combination of all 3 from van hellsing series thus the campaign is super long. As usual, because I feel like the gameplay is kinda too slow so i sped it up to 2x. Sadly I kinda picked the weakest and clunkiest class that have problem clearing the game at hard difficulty. There are a lot of mechanic that are super interesting here although i feel do feel that combat is not exactly fun. Im not sure what was the problem, the boss are not memorable and i couldnt recall if there was any interesting mobs either. Seem like there are a lot of endgame content but i doubt i gonna stick much longer time with the game as i feel like i rather finish other steam backlog first.
Wotan
Astral Guardian
1926 | 159
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Focusing on adapting to my new wow guild. For the first time in my wow history ( 10 years) I am playing on a different realm as well. Winter is coming and this is my time waster in the cold days. Thats basically the reason I am also very inactive in the MXL discord, IRL and WoW, and as you know mmos are big time consumers.
Cheers.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
1. Furi

man im terrible.
Finished Furi normal difficulty with terrible result. that final boss was tough and i on to edge because my controller not responding properly.

2. Van Hellsing Final Cut
Apparently the game became much more fun after reaching level 50. My clunky build finally become super nuclear powerhouse which can be seen here:

Basically the build have a skill that reduced all your spell to 1 second cooldown. With enough cooldown reduction and mana regen, you can perma-casting this skill and pretty much own everything .

But if you asked me if i enjoyed the game or not? Sadly no, i cant recommend it. I enjoyed Victor Vran more, and many other ARPG i played. Van Hellsing have problem with boring monotonous gameplay, weird story progression and at the end i just wanted the game to end quickly (so i reduced the difficulty down). Basically, it is rarely I got excited with new legendary drop since high chance it is super useless. At least the item that drop it always for my class.

Other installed / currently playing games:
1. Rive : Simple run & gun platformer. The game atm have polished graphic but im thinking it is abit too simple.
2. Neon Chrome : Rogue-lite Twin Shooter that focused on replaying + mastering the game... definitely not my cup of tea. But overall game look nice.
3. Dungeon Souls : Same as above, but low 8bit pixel style instead. Not a fan again.... (I would install + play nuclear throne instead)
4. Citizens of Earth : Super bright RPG that give impression like Earthbound, not fan of the art and mechanic or im not sure if i will finish this game...
5. Borderlands : I finished this with pirated version, so this time Im trying different build. Realized the game was too slow, so i used speedhack and make it 1.5x speed instead.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Reading untranslated VNs while Wolfenstein The New Colossus finishes downloading.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
What's with Wolfenstein's protagonist and wheelchairs? This is the second or third Wolfenstein game where there's a wheelchair level.

iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
he got injured right? then strapped into a mech iirc (hence new colossus name, i dunno if this considered spoiler)

wheelchair is best to deliver narrative that you are powerless and unable to move around properly.
Not a turret section at all lol.

*wait the moment i got enough money to buy new pc and fun single player games as usual. once i paid all repair cost... or win a jackpot.