D2SE crash when leaving town : ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

Need help installing the mod?
zoorinz
Imp
4 | 0
I played median 1.0 with D2SE using glide and it worked both in single player(using plugy) and online on windows 10.

But after I updated to 1.2 whenever I go out of the town with an old or new char (both in single player and online) the game crashed with:
UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005).

Below are a snippet from the debuglog:
► Show Spoiler

So it seems like I get some errors from open the file "DATA\LOCAL\UI\ENG\ACT1\.dc6" which i gues is the map UI or something like that? any ideas of how to fixe it?

What I have done so far:
  • Added D2SE.exe, diablo II.exe and Game.exe to exception list
  • Running D2SE.exe in compatibility mode (worked with same setting in 1.0)
  • Downloaded the new "D2SE - Meidan XL folder" and extracted it to the "MODS" folder
    • Added the 1.2 patch to the folder "D2SE - Meidan XL folder"

Any help is appreciated,
zoorinz
suchbalance
Team Member
1693 | 418
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
There is a reason every patch archive comes with more files than just the patch_d2.mpq. When you update you must update ALL files.

In your case you're running patch 1.2 which expects mxl.dll 1.2, but it's running mxl.dll 1.0.
zoorinz
Imp
4 | 0
suchbalance wrote:There is a reason every patch archive comes with more files than just the patch_d2.mpq. When you update you must update ALL files.

In your case you're running patch 1.2 which expects mxl.dll 1.2, but it's running mxl.dll 1.0.

Thanks m8 it worked :)
So I had extracted everything to the MODS folder, but had forgotten to do the same to the top level folder, where I had some old mxl.dll laying around.