Need help installing the mod?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
levant wrote:Same problem.How do I fixed " unhandled exception access_violation "
Sorry I was opening a thread in wrong section.

Go through the steps listed in the first post of this thread and if that doesn't help, than you need to change the video mode to something else, in the launcher.
levant
Destroyer
7 | 0
Cheno I did everything but I am struggling.That error Unhandled exception access_violation still shows up.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
  • Try changing the video mode in the Launcher's settings page, from 3DFX Glide to one of the other two that suits you better (mind that the other video mode lack customization options).
  • Set Diablo II.exe to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and the Launcher as an Administrator. Try also restarting your PC.
  • Make sure you are running the game in English. If you are interested in playing the game in your language take a look here: Sigma Translations.
  • Make sure you are running the game in windowed mode, you can set it in the Launcher's settings page.
  • Make sure that your antivirus/security-suit is not preventing the mod from working correctly, consider whitelisting it.

If none of the above has solved the problems you are experiencing, read the following section:

Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

To remedy this situation it will be needed to add Diablo2 related .exe(s) in the DEP exeptions list, here three methods on how to (is recommended to use them in order from 1 to 3 and only if the previous method has failed. For example, if the 1st method didn't work try the 2nd one):

1st Method - Using Windows GUI (easier method, but results are not guaranteed 100%):

'right click' on ComputerPropertiesAdvanced system settings'Advanced tab', in Performance section click on Settings...'Data Execution Prevention tab' check "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" → click on Add → find Diablo II.exe and Game.exe in Diablo2 directory (a.k.a. the installation folder) and add them → ApplyOkRestart the PC.

2nd Method - Tool assisted method (just a bit more steps/reading + a small download):

[step a] - Download (from here) d2mxl_dep_reset.bat (right click, 'save as') and run as Administrator to delete any corrupted registry entries. (courtesy of ryunp)
[step b] -'right click' on ComputerPropertiesAdvanced system settings'Advanced tab', in Performance section click on Settings...'Data Execution Prevention tab' check "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" → click on Add → find Diablo II.exe and Game.exe in Diablo2 directory (a.k.a. the installation folder) and add them → ApplyOkRestart the PC.

3rd Method - Turning on DEP only for essential Windows programs and services:

make sure you are on the latest Median Launcher version and do the following:
'right click' on ComputerPropertiesAdvanced system settings'Advanced tab', in Performance section click on Settings...'Data Execution Prevention tab' check "Choose Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" → ApplyOkRestart the PC

If the above 3 methods haven't worked, try repeating the procedure starting from the 1st one.

• Still getting the error when clicking the "PLAY" button? As with most of the problems occurring, a clean reinstall might solve it (reinstall Diablo 2 outside of "Program Files"): uninstall both the Launcher and Diablo2+LoD, make sure your PC has not leftovers of Median and Diablo2 (use a cleaning software if needed, like Iobit Uninstaller for example). Restart the PC and install Diablo2+LoD again, make sure it runs fine, then download and install (running the installer as an Administrator) the latest iteration of the Median Launcher.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
levant
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hello Requiem ; I did it.But can I use my old save file because I have couple of gems and weapons.
Thank you so much.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Yes, as long as the save files belong to a MXL:Sigma character. Np, enjoy the game ^^
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
blackwalker
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
why i cant use glide? Is it need something??
blyatiful
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
blackwalker wrote:why i cant use glide? Is it need something??

You need to run D2VidTst.exe to select it.
blackwalker
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
blyatiful wrote:
blackwalker wrote:why i cant use glide? Is it need something??

You need to run D2VidTst.exe to select it.

yes,but it like missing some files. i think will need .dll ?
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I like the changes in the latest version and wanted to give it a try, but W10 update keep breaking d2. I uninstalled it and launcher, reinstalled d2 + exp and launcher, but I get this error. Any solution?

levant
Destroyer
7 | 0
Hello Requiem does PlugY compatible on current version Median Sigma.