flubbucket
Spam Gives Me Shiny Lips
1515 | 15
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
RequiemLux wrote:
flubbucket wrote:I tried twice to no avail. I did get the successful message after each attempt.

Is your ISP Comcast? If yes, you'll might need to disable the advanced security on the network:
More (at top) → My services → xFI Advanced Security → Turn Off. (or something like this, I don't have Comast)

I don't have Comcast.

Nothing has changed regarding my service...at least nothing I know about.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
flubbucket wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:
flubbucket wrote:I tried twice to no avail. I did get the successful message after each attempt.

Is your ISP Comcast? If yes, you'll might need to disable the advanced security on the network:
More (at top) → My services → xFI Advanced Security → Turn Off. (or something like this, I don't have Comast)

I don't have Comcast.

:think: Close the Launcher and delete "MXL.mpq" and "d2sigma.dll" (located in your Diablo2 folder), then restart the Launcher and press "INSTALL".
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
flubbucket
Spam Gives Me Shiny Lips
1515 | 15
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
RequiemLux wrote:
flubbucket wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:

I don't have Comcast.

:think: Close the Launcher and delete "MXL.mpq" and "d2sigma.dll" (located in your Diablo2 folder), then restart the Launcher and press "INSTALL".

It didn't work. I tried twice.

If nothing else comes of this I will say you are impressive with your tenacity.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
:scratch: If with the Launcher closed you try to run the game using Game.exe in your "Diablo II", does it still prevent you from connecting?
Try also setting Game.exe to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

If the problem still occur I guess it either related to a suddenly corrupted installation (unlikely since we've done a couple of steps to investigate this), in which case it'll require an unstallation/installation, or it's related to a security software/firewall preventing the Launcher from connecting (assuming your ISP has nothing to do with this).
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
flubbucket
Spam Gives Me Shiny Lips
1515 | 15
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
RequiemLux wrote::scratch: If with the Launcher closed you try to run the game using Game.exe in your "Diablo II", does it still prevent you from connecting?
Try also setting Game.exe to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

If the problem still occur I guess it either related to a suddenly corrupted installation (unlikely since we've done a couple of steps to investigate this), in which case it'll require an unstallation/installation, or it's related to a security software/firewall preventing the Launcher from connecting (assuming your ISP has nothing to do with this).

I tried running as admin with no success. I did get an error (UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS VIOLATION c0000005) but other than that it's all the same.

Thank you again for your diligence. I appreciate it.
Daevorn
Skeleton
3 | 0
hi i have error

[2020-03-7 13:13:05] Error: D2Sigma.dll missing
at p.pathExists.then.t (C:\Program Files\Median XL Launcher\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\main\helpers\func-main.ts:957:43)

what i can do with that ????
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Daevorn wrote:hi i have error
[2020-03-7 13:13:05] Error: D2Sigma.dll missing
at p.pathExists.then.t (C:\Program Files\Median XL Launcher\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\main\helpers\func-main.ts:957:43)
what i can do with that ????

Chances are that a security software is blocking the application (usually Bitdefender, ESET Endpoint and McAfee). Add an exception to the Diablo II folder path and restore the .dll from the quarantine (if present). Also make sure to insert the web address https://get.median-xl.com/ to your antivirus/security-suite web exclusions list then restart the PC. Start the Median Launcher then press "INSTALL".
You could also try manually downloading the missing .dll(s): this archive (.dll) needs to be extracted to your Diablo II folder (where "Game.exe" can be found) using a program like 7-Zip. At the end of the exctraction process you should have obtained 2 new files (D2Sigma.dll and Fog.dll). If it ask you if you want ro replace the xisting files say yes.
projectda
Skeleton
2 | 0
I too had issues with D2Sigma.dll . I downloaded the dll files and placed them in the D2 folder. Now the Median XL launcher displays the 'Play' button, but Median will not start up. Instead it launches the normal D2 LoD game. I don't see this issue in the FAQ or googling. Google did lead me to this post.
vindog
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
I had this problem, I found it was because I was running McAfee anti virus software which quarantined the D2Sigma.dll file. In the end I removed McAfee and installed AVG instead, everything worked fine after that. May work with other antivirus software too... you could try adding the file to'safe' files but I found it difficult running McAfee
projectda
Skeleton
2 | 0
vindog wrote:I had this problem, I found it was because I was running McAfee anti virus software which quarantined the D2Sigma.dll file. In the end I removed McAfee and installed AVG instead, everything worked fine after that. May work with other antivirus software too... you could try adding the file to'safe' files but I found it difficult running McAfee

Yep, had to fully uninstall McAfee. Reinstalled Median and the .dll was still missing, but extracted it and moved the needed .dll and all was well. Can't wait to try the new twist on a game I've been missing for over 10yrs.