Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma

Need help installing the mod?
missingno57
Skeleton
2 | 0
Immortal2563 wrote:Such stamps occur if you try to use one of the three old fonts that worked in 1.8. I checked all three, I also had bushes instead of letters .

I've installed some random custom font I found and it fixed the problem. Thanks.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Huh. Well that's...new.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Solfege wrote:Huh. Well that's...new.

Apparently with the new Windows 10 builds the Data Execution Prevention needs to be turned off for Game.exe to play in Multiplayer. Try the following: "Windows Defender Security Center" → "App & Browser Control" → "Exploit Protection settings" → "Program Settings" → click on the Game.exe entry that is already there, make sure you have the correct one selected (see the folder path), and if your Game.exe is not there, choose "Add program to customize" then find and add it. The system override settings for Game.exe should be Data Execution Prevention (off), Mandatory ASLR (off), Bottom-up ASLR (off).

Note that this will pose a high risk for your computer if you receive a malicious Game.exe, so make sure to only use official download of the mod and Diablo II itslef.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/MedianXL/comme ... ld_not_be/ (first comment)
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
RequiemLux wrote:helpful advice

Sorry, I forgot this thread existed. Ty for moving my post and for the advice.

After applying the overrides, and a reboot, things seem to be working again. I still have my original D2+LoD discs, so the risk of a malicious Game.exe shouldn't be too high. But still, idk how comfortable I am running the game this way.
diablodevils
Fallen
1 | 0
i got an error whit no one ad an idea how to help me if anyone have a solution i need help if anyone have a solution please let me knowImage
yce_marvel
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi to creators,
Mod version 2.0.4 has a lot of bugs in regard of play.
Among them: it doesn't show overall damage to the spell/weapon. Necromancer after a certain level and skill it makes its towers and minions not shown even the MANA is consumed. Many skills are not applied and/or their effects are very short in time or nonexistent. And many others... This mod is great, but needs a lot of fixing.
Thank you!
Sathenus
Destroyer
6 | 0
*character was just stuck, still weird it crashes other games that you try to join lol* My ladder character Sath_Sorc is bugged and cannot create or join games(joining games crashes the game). I had the Horadric Cube stuck to my cursor and could not get it off of the cursor not matter what I tried so I save quit.
Elsaracino
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello, my installer is crashing at the end of the installation progress bar, this is the error log (sorry it's in french)

Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
Nom de l’application: Median XL Launcher.exe
Version de l’application: 1.2.1.0
Horodatage de l’application: 5c75e9af
Nom du module par défaut: KERNELBASE.dll
Version du module par défaut: 6.1.7600.16385
Horodateur du module par défaut: 4a5bdaae
Code de l’exception: e0000008
Décalage de l’exception: 00009617
Version du système: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
Information supplémentaire n° 1: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Information supplémentaire n° 3: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Thoth666
Imp
4 | 0
rafako wrote:anyone with this problem? Error appears everytime i open skill tree window. Sometimes it is instant, sometimes it is after few seconds. It hasn't happened before updating to v2.0.

I used to see this error only after closing the game. now I see it when I try to start the game and the game does not start. how to play?Image
kurnis
Acid Prince
49 | 0
I saw that the new update supports higher resolution so I reinstalled with excitement!!!

However when I loaded the game up it is still just as zoomed in and pixelated (the pixelation is the real killer) as before. I followed the instructions here https://median-xl.com/changelog to change to DirectDraw D2.

What am I doing wrong? I'm not expected D2R graphics, but right now the colors of the health and mana globes are off and all the graphics looks super pixelated. Very different from the video showcase here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSso6IdmbrQ

In short, what can I do to get this amazing mod working as beautiful as possible?

Thank you!!

edit: it's hard to see in the screenshot, but the colors are off with lots of pixelation. (the smaller picture makes it look higher res than it is lol)