Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma

Need help installing the mod?
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Licoffe wrote:Hi,

Looking to get back to Median after a long time (2012) but I can't seem to get Median XL to start properly.

I installed d2 v1.14b on my Desktop through the Battlenet installers (D2 + D2 LOD patch), then installed the Median XL launcher downloaded from the website. I selected the right d2 installation folder on my desktop, however after clicking install in the launcher, the launcher crashes (or quits, it's not clear) when reaching the end of the download progress bar. It seems the game files have been patched since they contain additional libraries. Running the launcher again shows the "Install" option again, not "Play". Trying to run Diablo 2 manually from a shortcut crashes with "Unrecoverable internal error 6fe2232e"

Both Diablo 2 and the Median XL Launcher are set to run as administrator and are not read-only. I have re-downloaded a copy of the game from Battlenet servers several times to "make sure" they were not corrupted and tried the process again.

The logs (AppData\Roaming\MedianXL\launcher\errorLog) of the launcher show the following issue:

[2020-07-15 12:49:12] Could not add "Run as Admin" option for C:\...\AppData\Local\Programs\Median XL Launcher\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined

which looks like a path related javascript issue: https://github.com/Median-XL/MXL-Launch ... eg.js#L420

Any recommendations on how to solve this?

Best

Install Diablo2 and LoD. Patch to 1.13c. Download xml.mpq and two dll-s manually from link: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=54210&start=90
Extract them to ur diablo 2 folder. Set Diablo 2.exe and game.exe to compability with WinXP SP3 and run as Admin. Patch and Glide u can copy from ur Median Aplication folder x:\Median XL Launcher\resources\static\installation. Play Diablo using game.exe or from application.
Licoffe
Skeleton
2 | 0
Immortal2563 wrote:
Install Diablo2 and LoD. Patch to 1.13c. Download xml.mpq and two dll-s manually from link: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=54210&start=90
Extract them to ur diablo 2 folder. Set Diablo 2.exe and game.exe to compability with WinXP SP3 and run as Admin. Patch and Glide u can copy from ur Median Aplication folder x:\Median XL Launcher\resources\static\installation. Play Diablo using game.exe or from application.

That worked indeed, thanks a lot! :)
turbo power
Azure Drake
172 | 0
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Hi i have this error in my launcher :
Could not add "Run as Admin" option for D:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo 2 &Diablo 2 Lord Of Destruction\Median XL\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined
What can i do ? i reinstal the launcher no effect
koffi
Sasquatch
60 | 0
turbo power wrote:Hi i have this error in my launcher :
Could not add "Run as Admin" option for D:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo 2 &Diablo 2 Lord Of Destruction\Median XL\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined
What can i do ? i reinstal the launcher no effect

Install it to somewhere else than program files.
Skray
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi. Last night installed game and mod. Everything was fine but today my internet has dropped for a second, and an error occured.
Halt
Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 6ff714b4

Error shows when I click PLAY, game window appears and then appears this error.
Tried to reinstall game and mod, but it didn't help. Please help.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Skray wrote:Hi. Last night installed game and mod. Everything was fine but today my internet has dropped for a second, and an error occured.
Halt

What happens if you try to launch the game by using "Game.exe" present in your Diablo II folder instead of the Launcher?
Also the fact that the same error persists after having reinstalled both the game and mod makes me think that a third party might be the culprit, any security software that might be interfering? After you've reinstalled D2LoD, before reinstalling the mod, did you check if the base game was running without issues?
Skray
Skeleton
2 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
Skray wrote:Hi. Last night installed game and mod. Everything was fine but today my internet has dropped for a second, and an error occured.
Halt

What happens if you try to launch the game by using "Game.exe" present in your Diablo II folder instead of the Launcher?
Also the fact that the same error persists after having reinstalled both the game and mod makes me think that a third party might be the culprit, any security software that might be interfering? After you've reinstalled D2LoD, before reinstalling the mod, did you check if the base game was running without issues?

Base game works good. When I tried to launch "Game.exe", it gave me the same error, but when I pressed "ok", another error appeared:
The instruction at address "0x77c22a43" referenced memory at address "0x02df6b32". The memory could not be “read”.
I have Microsoft Security Essentials but it is currently disabled.
V_i_n_S
Thunder Beetle
52 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi again my median has stopped working. This time when you turn on the launcher, you can see the game window in the taskbar and even listen to music but the window is black and you can't enlarge it. Below is a screen shot with an error message.

Wasp
Balrog
130 | 43
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
V_i_n_S wrote:...

Have tried reading the first post of this thread?Image
V_i_n_S
Thunder Beetle
52 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wasp wrote:
V_i_n_S wrote:...

Have tried reading the first post of this thread?Image

Yes, I restarted pc and reinstalled the game and the launcher. Still the same.