Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
V_i_n_S wrote:Hi again my median has stopped working. This time when you turn on the launcher, you can see the game window in the taskbar and even listen to music but the window is black and you can't enlarge it. Below is a screen shot with an error message.
► Show Spoiler

Read here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=55946
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
V_i_n_S
Thunder Beetle
52 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
RequiemLux wrote:
V_i_n_S wrote:Hi again my median has stopped working. This time when you turn on the launcher, you can see the game window in the taskbar and even listen to music but the window is black and you can't enlarge it. Below is a screen shot with an error message.
► Show Spoiler

Read here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=55946

dgVoodoo helped, thank you very much :)
Tinto
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello Everybody,

over the last weekend I stumbled upon Median XL and obviously wanted to play (and had a 40:60 percent chance with that)

So here is errors log:

► Show Spoiler

As you can see, it mostly comes down to "Run as Admin" option. But all the necessary *.exe-files are set to

- run as admin
- Compatible Windows XP SP3

So here is the funny thing:

Last Monday - after having tried for several hours to get rid of the error messages, I completely uninstalled Median as well D2 and LoD. And then reinstalled everything.

When I opened the Launcher, I did get the error message again, but discovered that there was a big button "Install" in the lower left corner that I had not paid attention to before. I pressed it and the install routine went through. After that the button changed to "Play". I pressed it and the Game started and I could play for hours.

When I wanted to play yesterday, I opened the launcher, pressed play ... and nothing happened.

Long story short: I completely uninstalled Median as well D2 and LoD again. And then reinstalled everything. And was able to play again.

But today, same situation. I can't play.

Obviously re-installing the game everytime I want to play Median isn't an option.

Any ideas what I can do?

Big THANX in advance for your help.

All the best, Tinto
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hello everyone,

new patch 1.7.4: cannot play game anymore. i reinstalled d2+lod and mxl but still the same error.

► Show Spoiler

can you please tell me how to fix it? i'd like to play but i cannot... maybe i can wait the release of a new patch, because until 1.7.3 i had no problem whatsoever playing the game.

thank you in advance for the time and support
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Inno86 wrote:Hello everyone,

new patch 1.7.4: cannot play game anymore. i reinstalled d2+lod and mxl but still the same error.

► Show Spoiler

can you please tell me how to fix it? i'd like to play but i cannot... maybe i can wait the release of a new patch, because until 1.7.3 i had no problem whatsoever playing the game.

thank you in advance for the time and support

What you mean exactly with "cannot play game anymore"? What happens?
With the Launcher closed try running the game using "Game.exe" present in your Diablo II directory and report if the original game starts or the mod.
Also try restarting the Launcher and the PC, If the issue persists, close the Launcher and delete "MXL.mpq" and "d2sigma.dll" (located in your Diablo2 folder), then restart the Launcher and press "INSTALL".
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
rlawhddbs100
Fallen
1 | 0
hello guys. I purchased my diablo 2 series at Blizzard. What should i do?
► Show Spoiler
HeelHook
Sasquatch
66 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
► Show Spoiler

What could this issue be? When I launch the MEdian XL launcher it asks me to select Median XL launcher installation path, even though I had it installed already and everything had been running perfectly for a while? Should I delete all the files and re-install?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
HeelHook wrote:
► Show Spoiler

What could this issue be? When I launch the MEdian XL launcher it asks me to select Median XL launcher installation path, even though I had it installed already and everything had been running perfectly for a while? Should I delete all the files and re-install?

In your first post it asked for the Diablo 2 path, not the launcher path. Try with your D2 path and see if that works.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
rlawhddbs100 wrote:hello guys. I purchased my diablo 2 series at Blizzard. What should i do?
► Show Spoiler

Make sure the installation path for Median XL (not the Launcher's one) matches with the installation path of Diablo2+LoD. You can check the Median XL's installation path in the setting page of the Launcher, to access click on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher window. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:", the needed path should ends with the folder "Diablo II".
If the installation directory is the right one than chances are that the missing files are because of a security software that's blocking the application from functioning correctly. Add an exception to the Diablo II folder path and restore the .dll from the quarantine (if present). Also make sure to insert the web address https://get.median-xl.com to your antivirus/security-suite web exclusions list then restart the PC. Start the Median Launcher then press "INSTALL".
You could also try manually downloading the missing .dll(s): this is an archive (.dll) that contains 2 files (D2Sigma.dll and Fog.dll) which need to be placed into your Diablo II folder (where "Game.exe" can be found). The archive can be extracted by using a program like 7-Zip, or changing the extension ".update" to ".rar" so that WinRAR or Windows' default extractor could be used. If it ask you if you want ro replace the existing files while placing them in the D2 directory, select yes.
DiabloDwarf
Rust Claw
86 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Is an internet connection required to play even SP? My internet on the computer is currently nonfunctional.