Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma

Need help installing the mod?
Kruno
Cultist
22 | 0
rafako wrote:anyone with this problem? Error appears everytime i open skill tree window. Sometimes it is instant, sometimes it is after few seconds. It hasn't happened before updating to v2.0.

I just go this error now when accessing the shared stash. It was fine for the last half day though.

It seems like an issue with the renderer, which makes no sense. CNC-Draw with specific settings seems to not cause this issue, but now I can't play the game in fullscreen without displaying 1/20th of the viewport.
Jo_Jo
Pit Knight
100 | 4
Taem wrote:My MXL Launcher and Game.exe both have full admin access prior to this image. The Launcher worked prior to 2.0. This is the error I receive now.

Im having the same issue.

nob4242 wrote:fixed by going to the MXL discord tech support channel and using the 2nd pinned message there to manual put in mpq and dll files for the javascript error above

I tried that, but when i go to download the files got a "404 Not Found" page and cant download anything.

What should i do?
Redemption
Gravedigger
195 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Getting this error while trying to update my launcher. It shows this error then the play button never shows up. When I close the launcher and reopen it, it asks me to update it again. Anyone able to help me with a workaround?
tekkno
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anyone help me here? can't get past this error, running game shortcut from desktop just starts regular LOD :(

[2021-08-31 22:03:21] Could not add "Run as Admin" option for Z:\Median XL\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined
[2021-08-31 22:03:21] RequestError: Error: write EPROTO 2723269016:error:100000f7:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER:../../third_party/boringssl/src/ssl/tls_record.cc:242:
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
tekkno wrote:Anyone help me here? can't get past this error, running game shortcut from desktop just starts regular LOD :(

[2021-08-31 22:03:21] Could not add "Run as Admin" option for Z:\Median XL\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined
[2021-08-31 22:03:21] RequestError: Error: write EPROTO 2723269016:error:100000f7:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER:../../third_party/boringssl/src/ssl/tls_record.cc:242:

same here it happens after update launcher to newest version. I tried restart computer and reinstall the launcher but to no avail

[2021-09-1 16:39:14] RequestError: Error: write EPROTO 2814772888:error:100000f7:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER:../../third_party/boringssl/src/ssl/tls_record.cc:242:

at new RequestError (C:\Users\erikdao\Games\MedianXL_Launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\request-promise-core\lib\errors.js:14:15)
at Request.plumbing.callback (C:\Users\erikdao\Games\MedianXL_Launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\request-promise-core\lib\plumbing.js:87:29)
at Request.RP$callback [as _callback] (C:\Users\erikdao\Games\MedianXL_Launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\request-promise-core\lib\plumbing.js:46:31)
at self.callback (C:\Users\erikdao\Games\MedianXL_Launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\request\request.js:185:22)
at Request.emit (events.js:182:13)
at Request.onRequestError (C:\Users\erikdao\Games\MedianXL_Launcher\resources\app.asar\node_modules\request\request.js:881:8)
at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:182:13)
at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:391:9)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:182:13)
at onwriteError (_stream_writable.js:431:12)
at onwrite (_stream_writable.js:456:5)
at _destroy (internal/streams/destroy.js:40:7)
at TLSSocket.Socket._destroy (net.js:613:3)
at TLSSocket.destroy (internal/streams/destroy.js:32:8)
at WriteWrap.afterWrite (net.js:790:10)
[2021-09-1 16:39:18] TypeError: Cannot read property '' of undefined
at Function.mod [as doubleConfirmMpqHash] (C:\Users\erikdao\Games\MedianXL_Launcher\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\main\helpers\func-main.ts:1089:60)
at doubleConfirmMpqHash (C:\Users\erikdao\Games\MedianXL_Launcher\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\main\helpers\ipcMain-helper.ts:223:45)

seems launcher source itself ( https://get.median-xl.com/ ) has some SSL issue
► Show Spoiler

EDIT:
Solveed it thanks to discord tech support help. Apparently the router (they say Asus) block `get.median-xl.com` domain so the update/installation steps fails, leading to the error me and @tekkno see above. The solution was either

- whitelist https://get.median-xl.com domain at router level.
- use another network to update/reinstall (I switched to my mobile network ). After that on start the game no longer need to connect to launcher domain, so just switch back to the wifi and enjoy playing
Arc_Razer
Grubber
303 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
still getting the c000005 error, reistalled fresh, still happens, the tried ryunp dep bat file. Now i get Exception processing message 0xc0000134 unable to locate component. any ideas anyone?
mitekman
Imp
5 | 0
Пропадают вещи из сундука при повторном заходе в игру в сингле что делать?
beatrix_kiddo
Monkey King
276 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Hello,

Repeating got the message and cannot launch or login:

Error: There was an error, please check the errorLog.txt

Tried to delete the "MXL.mpq" and did not work. Restarting cumputer also do not work
As changed diablo game.exe and media launcher.exe to not read and run as administrator, also same error... could someone please help!? Thank you!
missingno57
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi,
I really love this mod and was playing it since around 2011.

After update to 2.0.x some text is really weird, it contains wrong characters and sometimes it's like being drawn twice and each draw is shifted little bit.

It does the same thing with glide, ddraw, d3d, I tried to reinstall median, deleted files in Appdata, I run out of ideas.

- All my online characters from previous versions disappeared, but it's not that big deal.

► Show Spoiler
Edited by missingno57 2 years.
Immortal2563
Grubber
345 | 10
Such stamps occur if you try to use one of the three old fonts that worked in 1.8. I checked all three, I also had bushes instead of letters .