Troubleshooting for Median XL: Sigma

Need help installing the mod?
Napoleon69
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Hello I have been getting the following error message when I start the launcher. What wrong?

► Show Spoiler
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
chickenfeeder wrote:when I tried to update my game, it shows an error, and some message on top of the launcher says I can check the error log.txt and should visit the forum to dianose the error. So do I post my log file here or send it to someone? sr for the stupid question :lol:

Yep, post it here or on the Median XL Discord (recommended).

Napoleon69 wrote:Hello I have been getting the following error message when I start the launcher. What wrong?

► Show Spoiler

Make sure the installation path for Median XL (not the Launcher's one) matches with the installation path of Diablo2+LoD. You can check the Median XL's installation path in the setting page of the Launcher, to access click on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher window. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:".
TearsOfEternity
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:
TearsOfEternity wrote:I am in the loop with restarting the game! Guess the Problem is, that I can´t choose where to install median xl!
Ok it turned out problem is I´m installing from Battle.net?

That should not be a problem at all.
Make sure the installation path for Median XL (not the Launcher's one) matches with the installation path of Diablo2+LoD. You can check the Median XL's installation path in the setting page of the Launcher, to access click on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher window. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:".

Totally did the trick!
JohnnyD
Fallen
1 | 0
can you help us !? I installed the diablo 2 and then the median xl but I get an error. and when I click on the play I dump to restart the median
ImageImage
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
JohnnyD wrote:can you help us !? I installed the diablo 2 and then the median xl but I get an error. and when I click on the play I dump to restart the median
► Show Spoiler

If the error keeps presenting click on the red banner and search for the error_log.txt, once you find it post it here.
fregon13
Thunder Beetle
55 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir '' i have the same problem i checked error logs notes , i tried reinstalling everything again and still dont work , i installed 1 month ago in my computer and now i have a different computer so this have anything to do with the problem?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
fregon13 wrote:Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir '' i have the same problem i checked error logs notes , i tried reinstalling everything again and still dont work , i installed 1 month ago in my computer and now i have a different computer so this have anything to do with the problem?

What I suggested to the person above your comment is valid for you too
Arthasys
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello guys!
So for everyone who has this problem as described by JohnnyD, just do as was said by RequiemLux. Check the "settings" option for "installattion folder". In my case, it was blank, so Median had not located the Diablo 2 folder. Just find that folder and re-install Median, now with this folder active in the option. Follows a reference image:Image
budda
Rust Claw
84 | 2
Hm seems not only me have same problem.
Reinstalled few times diablo and launcher- not helps.
Before most of time was all ok.
Windows x64 8.1
Error log for 1.1.8
► Show Spoiler
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
budda wrote:...

Code: Select all

[2019-04-02 21:21:37 3:00]
Error: Diablo II location not specified. Cannot find D2VidTst.exe
[2019-04-02 21:21:37 3:00] Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir ''

After the latest update launcher doesn't like to search for your game directory automatically for some reason, make sure that you set it properly inside the settings window.
► Show Spoiler