Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
bubisbuble wrote:Hey guys!
I don't play this games for a while but these days I want to start again. Like other people, i got the Access violation c0000005 exception. I've already try everything that i read in this topic. (reinstall, Data Execution Protection, AppData\Roaming\MedianXl\launcher\settings delete, Diablo II.exe to run as an Administrator Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Launcher as an Administrator, reinstall windows update).
It didn't work.
The problem occured just in glide video mode but in 2d or 3d mod for this game is very slow.
I would be very grateful is somebody give me a solution.

Try redoing the steps, sometimes it takes more than one attempt.
You could also take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50956 maybe it could help you.
Or you could investigate the proposal in this other thread: viewtopic.php?p=344626#p344626

Ibra1 wrote:The game is borked with latest update. Will someone post here when it's working correctly again without having to manually install crap?

Latest update of what, OS or MXL? Borked in what way exactly? You'll have a hard time receiving help if you don't provide enough accurate information. Also I wouldn't bash on "manually install crap", I wish errors could be that easy to solve, a fix might actually require more time and effort on your end than that.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
Borked since the last launcher update.. Or mod version... I just know that in the last few days, there has been a few updates to the game launcher, and this last one seems to be giving issues.

First, Windows popped up saying that a file was being quarantined, and re-start windows. (Win 10) After the restart, got a red bar across the top of the launcher saying something was wrong, can't remember now, but I re-installed the launcher from scratch. Now when I hit play game, the launcher drops down, and then pops back up again... On the 3'rd attempt, it says error: only 2 instances of diablo 2 allows, and only for muling.. But it never actually opened the game.

Error log says:
[2020-04-24 14:14:41] Could not add "Run as Admin" option for E:\Median XL\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined
[2020-04-24 14:14:44] Error: D2Sigma.dll missing
at p.pathExists.then.t (E:\Median XL\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\main\helpers\func-main.ts:957:43)

So I did install the D2Sigma.dll in the Diablo 2 folder, but right now, it's just not pulling up the game. I've been playing problem free for a few days, so this is out of the blue.
Ibra1
Abomination
151 | 0
Ibra1 wrote:Borked since the last launcher update.. Or mod version... I just know that in the last few days, there has been a few updates to the game launcher, and this last one seems to be giving issues.

First, Windows popped up saying that a file was being quarantined, and re-start windows. (Win 10) After the restart, got a red bar across the top of the launcher saying something was wrong, can't remember now, but I re-installed the launcher from scratch. Now when I hit play game, the launcher drops down, and then pops back up again... On the 3'rd attempt, it says error: only 2 instances of diablo 2 allows, and only for muling.. But it never actually opened the game.

Error log says:
[2020-04-24 14:14:41] Could not add "Run as Admin" option for E:\Median XL\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined
[2020-04-24 14:14:44] Error: D2Sigma.dll missing
at p.pathExists.then.t (E:\Median XL\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\main\helpers\func-main.ts:957:43)

So I did install the D2Sigma.dll in the Diablo 2 folder, but right now, it's just not pulling up the game. I've been playing problem free for a few days, so this is out of the blue.

So looking into my windows defender history, I see where it quarantined D2Sigma.dll. It says that it sees a trojan, and "This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker." Alert level: Severe.

Can we get at least an explanation to why this would be triggering an alert like this? Plus, this was only triggered after the latest update came out. (When the launchers says "Install" instead of "Play")
bubisbuble
Skeleton
2 | 0
Thank you, RequiemLux!
This was very helpful. I can see a biger picture about this problem.
The solution for me:
Follow this viewtopic.php?p=344626#p344626 In the resolution option choose a fix resolution both glide and directX .
This was the key becouse new windows update made a change in this file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dxgi.dll. If we don't use fullscreen optimization, we can avoid the problem.
In dgVoodoo app also you can personilise your graphic options whatever you want (windowed, full screen etc.).
Best Regards for all!
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Ibra1 wrote:So looking into my windows defender history, I see where it quarantined D2Sigma.dll. It says that it sees a trojan, and "This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker." Alert level: Severe.

Can we get at least an explanation to why this would be triggering an alert like this? Plus, this was only triggered after the latest update came out. (When the launchers says "Install" instead of "Play")

Here is the list with some WinAPI interfaces which are imported by D2Sigma.dll, I took my time and picked only the most important ones:

Advapi.dll imports:

Code: Select all

AdjustTokenPrivileges
OpenProcessToken
LookupPrivilegeValueA
These interfaces could be used to extend user rights to their full potential, and since most of us running OS under an account with administrative rights, I don't need to tell you why it might be dangerous.

Kernel32.dll imports:

VirtualProtect
WriteProcessMemory
SetProcessDEPPolicy
First two interfaces could be used to exploit trusted process memory with the malicious intent and the last one could be used to disable DEP.

User32.dll imports:

GetKeyState
FindWindowA
GetAsyncKeyState
Combination of these interfaces could be used in a key logger.

Having these particular interfaces imported by the module (especially the first two groups) is a big red flag for any antivirus protection, so why are you so surprised that D2Sigma.dll is flagged as a Trojan? And foreshadowing your next question, no, you can't get away without using them when you need to patch an application and you don't have its source code at your disposal.
nobrainnopain
Heretic
405 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Yesterday and before the game was running without any problems and today i always get this message and its impossible to start the game:

Could not add "Run as Admin" option for C:\Users\Pit\AppData\Local\Programs\medianxllauncher\Median XL Launcher\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined

Meanwhile there were no changes at the computer ... :(
Dumda
Stygian Watcher
40 | 0
Have the same problem with this error
[2020-04-28 12:34:17] Could not add "Run as Admin" option for C:\Program Files\Median XL Launcher\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined
[2020-04-28 12:34:26] Error: D2Sigma.dll missing
at p.pathExists.then.t (C:\Program Files\Median XL Launcher\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\main\helpers\func-main.ts:957:43)

Yesterday had no problem no changes tried to reinstall with virus software turned off still the same problems.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
nobrainnopain wrote:Yesterday and before the game was running without any problems and today i always get this message and its impossible to start the game:
Could not add "Run as Admin" option for C:\Users\Pit\AppData\Local\Programs\medianxllauncher\Median XL Launcher\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined
Meanwhile there were no changes at the computer ... :(

Dumda wrote:Have the same problem with this error
[2020-04-28 12:34:17] Could not add "Run as Admin" option for C:\Program Files\Median XL Launcher\Median XL Launcher.exe. ||| TypeError: Cannot read property 'values' of undefined
[2020-04-28 12:34:26] Error: D2Sigma.dll missing
at p.pathExists.then.t (C:\Program Files\Median XL Launcher\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\main\helpers\func-main.ts:957:43)

Yesterday had no problem no changes tried to reinstall with virus software turned off still the same problems.

First of all make sure the Launcher is set to run as an Administrator: right-click on the Launcher shortcut -> select Properties -> Compatibility tab -> Run this program as an administrator; then open your security software and add an exception to the Diablo II folder path and restore the .dll from the quarantine (if present). Also make sure to insert the web address https://get.median-xl.com to your antivirus/security-suite web exclusions list then restart the PC. Start the Median Launcher then press "INSTALL".
You could also try manually downloading the missing .dll(s): this archive (.dll) needs to be extracted to your Diablo II folder (where "Game.exe" can be found) using a program like 7-Zip. At the end of the exctraction process you should have obtained 2 new files (D2Sigma.dll and Fog.dll). If it ask you if you want ro replace the xisting files say yes.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
V_i_n_S
Thunder Beetle
52 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello, I installed the latest patch, after running I have this message. launecher is running as administrator. an exception is added in the antivirus. anyone can help?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
V_i_n_S wrote:Hello, I installed the latest patch, after running I have this message. launecher is running as administrator. an exception is added in the antivirus. anyone can help?
► Show Spoiler

First thing first, try restarting the Launcher or even the PC. If the error is still there then open the Launcher and go into its settings page, there click on "Application Data" (bottom-right corner), the errorLog is in the "logs" folder inside the "Launcher" one. Post it here using the spoiler tag for the wall of text, just like I did with your picture.