Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
bmlforum wrote:Can you explain what exactly you are doing? Wine? Which version? CrossOver? Which bottle / Windows Version etc. You start Diablo II.exe or Game.exe ? What parameter? -3dfx? -w ?

I have a setup that I've been using for a few years already. CrossOver or Wineskin, doesn't matter. Manually created bottle, simply copied files of installed game 1.13c, Windows 7. I use Sven's GlideWrapper, launch game.exe with params: -w -3dfx -ns

nothing special basically :)
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
bmlforum wrote:Can you explain what exactly you are doing? Wine? Which version? CrossOver? Which bottle / Windows Version etc. You start Diablo II.exe or Game.exe ? What parameter? -3dfx? -w ?

Looks I've lied a bit... Up to now I've been using Sigma 1.x which works perfectly, but with 2.x game gets stuck at the Loading screen no matter what...
bmlforum
Imp
5 | 0
kambala wrote:

Looks I've lied a bit... Up to now I've been using Sigma 1.x which works perfectly, but with 2.x game gets stuck at the Loading screen no matter what...

Ok. whats the difference between Sigma 1 and 2? Is 1 still working with current season? (I am quite new to this topic). Is there a way to get sigma 1 files somehow? The links from tutorial now direct to sigma2
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
bmlforum wrote:
kambala wrote:

Ok. whats the difference between Sigma 1 and 2? Is 1 still working with current season? (I am quite new to this topic). Is there a way to get sigma 1 files somehow? The links from tutorial now direct to sigma2

to play online, you need Sigma2.

the main difference is the dll file, and new code is responsible for the issue I believe.

if you really need Sigma1, find the files here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ilzin8it ... 8.zip/file
leftashes
Skeleton
2 | 0
Heya,

Seems since the update to 2.x the game freezes and randomly crashes. Can't seem to make it work? has someone managed to make it work on Mac so far?

Edit: Fyi Sigma 1.8 works without issue with my wine setup and on my brother's crossover setup as well.
bmlforum
Imp
5 | 0
leftashes wrote:Heya,

Seems since the update to 2.x the game freezes and randomly crashes. Can't seem to make it work? has someone managed to make it work on Mac so far?

Edit: Fyi Sigma 1.8 works without issue with my wine setup and on my brother's crossover setup as well.

Does also online-mode work for you with Sigma 1.8?

I managed to start the game with sigma 2 dlls (manual installation) and Crossover but it crashes 10 times in a row c0000005, "please insert diablo 2 CD" etc.... then SOMETIMES it starts, i can log in, select my character, walk around in town but as soon as I talk to an NPC it crashes again. Start game.exe or diablo II.exe with "-w" or "-3dfx" paramter works randomly but I cannot say which one is better, I also tried different glide wrappers with same result.

Best results so far I had with Parallels Desktop and Windows 10 installation, then D2DX wrapper and start with -3dfx, game runs fluently, nice FPS, very nice colors/atmosphere..... But with Parallels / Wine noone was able to get it running as far as I know.
leftashes
Skeleton
2 | 0
Well online worked well in 1.8. But for the new median thus far you are right no one has managed to make it work through wine !
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
I might have found a strange "fix" for macOS: adding the following wine debug channels fixes character loading for me:

+timestamp,warn+all
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
I've found out that CrossOver's wine distribution doesn't suffer from the following issues unlike Wineskin:

- sometimes mouse doesn't move in Glide+window mode, only reboot helps
- d2stats crash the game when you enter with character or when attaching to a game already in progress
NodiX
Imp
4 | 0
kambala wrote:I might have found a strange "fix" for macOS: adding the following wine debug channels fixes character loading for me:

+timestamp,warn+all

Can you elaborate more? Are you referring to BigSur character crash? If so, how do we do that in CrossOver?