Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
SteelWings wrote:Yeah I though the case wasn't with Sigma itself (since the version previously worked), so I experimented with upgrading CrossOver and voilá - with CrossOver version 20 I am now able to play my favourite mod :D

afaik this (running 32bit apps on Catalina) works only in paid crossover version
cembks
Fallen
1 | 0
Hey Guys,

I did it! I have Macbook Pro 2015 with Big Sur OS installed. Let me share,

I am a fan of D2 and after 10+ years I am back with Median during my quarantine time. I managed to install and play Diablo 2 with Median Sigma 1.8 thanks to this forum post!

How I did it?

I used the CrossOver app, installed D2 and LOD freshly.
I downloaded the launcher from here and patched it manually as described.
After all patches and installations are done you are ready to play the game. But cannot open fullscreen.
You need to right-click the LOD icon in the D2 Bottle of Crossover and select open with options
Type -w to open windowed and hit run. ENJOY!!!

I look forward to having the V2.0 patch. I hope it can be shared in the forums so that I can make the same process to update it.
The launcher does not work.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
cembks wrote:Hey Guys,

I did it! I have Macbook Pro 2015 with Big Sur OS installed. Let me share,

I am a fan of D2 and after 10+ years I am back with Median during my quarantine time. I managed to install and play Diablo 2 with Median Sigma 1.8 thanks to this forum post!

How I did it?

I used the CrossOver app, installed D2 and LOD freshly.
I downloaded the launcher from here and patched it manually as described.
After all patches and installations are done you are ready to play the game. But cannot open fullscreen.
You need to right-click the LOD icon in the D2 Bottle of Crossover and select open with options
Type -w to open windowed and hit run. ENJOY!!!

I look forward to having the V2.0 patch. I hope it can be shared in the forums so that I can make the same process to update it.
The launcher does not work.

Mod update process is simply replacing 2 files: the mpq and D2Sigma.dll, you don't need launcher for that. See my script above that does it.
NodiX
Imp
4 | 0
Haven't got it running correctly on Mac BigSur M1 (Mac mini 8GB), CrossOver 21

Diablo II vanilla working fine with Direct2D, though 3D and Glide seems to be not working on Apple silicon. Patched to Sigma 2.0.1 with copy + paste method, sometimes the game got stuck at first time loading after new character select (already made save folder on Application Data/MedianXL folder). After forcing to quit and restart the game sometimes I managed to load the character to act 1 town, but the game quickly crashed as soon as I tried to open Skill or Character stats window.
Bankside
Fallen
1 | 0
NodiX wrote:Haven't got it running correctly on Mac BigSur M1 (Mac mini 8GB), CrossOver 21

Diablo II vanilla working fine with Direct2D, though 3D and Glide seems to be not working on Apple silicon. Patched to Sigma 2.0.1 with copy + paste method, sometimes the game got stuck at first time loading after new character select (already made save folder on Application Data/MedianXL folder). After forcing to quit and restart the game sometimes I managed to load the character to act 1 town, but the game quickly crashed as soon as I tried to open Skill or Character stats window.

i got the same issue and i'm also using the newest CrossOver on my Macbook pro BigSur M1...

i hope someone can help or the problem might be patched
bmlforum
Imp
5 | 0
EDIT: it seems that all of what i did is unnecessary. you can simply follow the guide to manually install median using crossover, start the Diablo II from your bottle with "-w" and sometimes it works (1 out of 20 times) and the rest is c000005 .....

---

Hey guys. I was able to get it running on Mac using Crossover (but only 2 times... very strange)

I did the following:

I installed D2 + LOD and manually copied over the MedianXL files. Then I started Windows 10 in Parallels Desktop, mounted my Mac file system and used Windows Explorer to go into the CrossOver D2-Install-Directory (something like /Users/<myname>/Library/ApplicationSupport/CrossOver/Bottles/Diablo2/drive_c/d2", depending where you installed it)

there is the Diablo II.exe, i created a shortcut, named it "d2_window" and added the "-w" parameter.

Now in CrossOver you can right click your D2-bottle and select "Run command..." and just select the shortcut ("d2_window.lnk") you created.

I think this should work with running directly from CrossOver and adding the -w parameter somehow but most of the time it doesnt...

Also this works once, then c000005 errors all the time. sometimes system restarts help, sometimes not. I cant see any pattern here. Any ideas about this?
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Then I started Windows 10 in Parallels Desktop

that's a very complex solution... Why did you need that? You can create "shortcuts" directly in the CrossOver app. Alternatively, you could create a .bat file that simply launches game.exe with proper parameters.

on my intel Mac everything just works with either CrossOver or Wineskin.
bmlforum
Imp
5 | 0
kambala wrote:

that's a very complex solution... Why did you need that? You can create "shortcuts" directly in the CrossOver app. Alternatively, you could create a .bat file that simply launches game.exe with proper parameters.

yes... i know. It just confused me because it worked this way (but then it worked not again.... ) What macOS you have? I think Big Sur ist the trouble maker...
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
bmlforum wrote:
kambala wrote:

yes... i know. It just confused me because it worked this way (but then it worked not again.... ) What macOS you have? I think Big Sur ist the trouble maker...

Catalina and Big Sur, works fine on both
bmlforum
Imp
5 | 0
kambala wrote:
bmlforum wrote:
kambala wrote:

Catalina and Big Sur, works fine on both

Can you explain what exactly you are doing? Wine? Which version? CrossOver? Which bottle / Windows Version etc. You start Diablo II.exe or Game.exe ? What parameter? -3dfx? -w ?