Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote:But that would go against my "no-window-mode"-policy. So what am I supposed to fill in there to get the best results?

Set it to desktop resolution. That way your full-screen will be rendered at your monitor's native resolution (by upscaling).

If you leave it uncheck, you may notice some flickering when entering/exiting the game due to your OS readjusting the resolution.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Alright will do that. Thank you!
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Any idea on how to get my damn OBS to pick up Glide? If I'm on 2d it's fine, but glide sees the window but not the video of the window (if that makes sense..)

Jk works w/ old OBS, but not streamlabs WTF
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
No supersampling (blurry image) and stretched 16:9. You really consider this good looking d2?
With the 4:3 aspect, you can always put something else on the side, fill that space, doesn't have to be black bars. Windows od d2stats, some stream, discord, whatever.
Of course if you prefere it stretched like this, nobody is going to stop you.
youtube.com/ae1337
TigerRaven
Fallen
1 | 1
I am new to Median XL and followed this guide's configuration. The window and resolution works fine, but I was surprised to see that when I run the game it changes the brightness (gamma, contrast etc) of my Desktop to make everything very bright and shiny - in fact, most things become unreadable. Quitting the game doesn't set the brightness back either, only a restart does.

Any idea what is causing this because it makes it unplayable for me. If it matters am running Windows 8.1.

Update: Ok, I have figured out the setting that was causing this. "renderer" tab -> "shader-gamma" option. If I have this unticked then the games gamma/contrast settings are applied to my desktop, so ticking it has solved my problem.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
One thing worth adding is that if you want a sharper image, if you tick/check WGL_ARB_render_texture (last item on the Extensions tab) that will enable an option 'supersampling' (note that this is on the Renderer tab).

I use this with shader-gamma on as well so as to stop d2 from affecting the other windows, since I run the game on a second monitor.

This avoids the dark look which the OP likes (but isn't to my taste and can be problematic in dark places like Ureh) and it does it without needing to adjust in-game settings.

Hope this helps.
MaciozoPl
Imp
5 | 1
Sorry for digging this thread, but these setting helped me to fix fps drops than i used to have, thanks and maybe anyone can use it too.
Milkshake
Abomination
142 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Since we have lots of newbs lately, BUMP (or BUHP? Bring up his post)
eclap78
Imp
5 | 0
This just looks like a stretched 4:3. looks terrible on 32:9 monitors.
Psylas
Invader
8 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
this does not work to date, still just runs with ugly black bars. Also, through reading this thread, i can't help but point out how incessantly annoying aerial is. We did not ask for your opinion bro.