Median XL Launcher won't open

Need help installing the mod?
Tigetmp
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
I recently had some hardware work done on my computer (keyboard), and my hard drive was removed temporarily so I could access my work files. Now the computer is fixed, the hard-drive has been restored, but there were some difficulties restoring my user account. It was eventually fixed so I'm on the same user account as before, but our IT guy had to do some stuff (which I could ask about in greater detail should there be no obvious fix to this problem).

Anyway, when I loaded Median XL directly through Diablo II.exe, I was able to load the game, but the "Reveal Map" key caused the automap to actually disappear. I then tried to run the Median XL launcher to re-configure stuff. However, after clicking the launcher, I get the Windows UAC prompt to ask if I want the program to make changes to my device, I click "Yes", and the launcher never loads.

I then uninstalled Median XL and re-installed the launcher through the Web Setup, and I keep getting the identical problem. Re-starting the computer doesn't change anything either.

I haven't tried uninstalling all Diablo 2, but that is next on the docket.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any help would be amazing.

Thanks!
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
For the Launcher installation to not even start the only thing that crosses my mind is a security software blocking it. Make sure this is not your case. Make also sure that in %AppData% -> "Roaming" there are no folders belonging to MXL past installations.
Is your User Account the Administrator of your PC?
Your base D2LoD installation should have no part in the Launcher installation not inizializing, so I don't think uninstalling it would be of any use unless, with the Launcher removed, you could not run the game, then that would mean that your base installation got corrupted (for lack of better words).
Here's an installation guide you could follow to reduce the chances of encountering issues along the way: MXL Installation Guide.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca