New player: normal Diablo runs when I hit PLAY

Need help installing the mod?
sakura0220
Skeleton
2 | 0
I played this game a long time ago and I just found about this MOD. this is my first time using it so please bear with me.

I followed Installation guides but when I hit PLAY in the Launcher, It opens the normal Diablo game as if the MOD was nonexistent. I can only play the unmodified game through the Launcher. I'm not sure what I did wrong or how to fix it.. Tried to uninstall and reinstall everything..
Elendilli
Djinn
549 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
join discord chat under Community and ask in Tech support for faster responses. It's bedtime for a lot of people right now so I don't think you will get too many responses. all in due time
sakura0220
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hi, thanks. I already posted in Discord.. Waiting for response as well :)
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Did you end up figuring this out?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Semigloss wrote:Did you end up figuring this out?

Why resurrecting the thread? are you experiencing the same problem? Usually two reasons for this:

1) The installation directory for the mod that has been selected is the wrong one, so make sure the installation path for Median XL (not the Launcher's one) matches with the installation path of Diablo2+LoD. You can check the Median XL's installation path in the setting page of the Launcher, to access click on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher window. If you do not remember where you installed Diablo2 LoD you can check its installation path by 'right-clicking' on Diablo2 LoD original shortcut, then selecting "Properties" and in the "Shortcut" tab read the path written in "Target:", the needed path should ends with the folder "Diablo II".

2) A security program is preventing the mod from working correctly, so add an exception to the Diablo II folder path and restore the .dll from the quarantine (if present). Also make sure to insert the web address https://get.median-xl.com/ to your antivirus/security-suite web exclusions list then restart the PC. Start the Median Launcher then press "INSTALL".
You could also try manually downloading the missing mod files if the Launcher is unable to. Download these files: MXL.mpq.dll and extract them to your Diablo II folder (where "Game.exe" can be found) using a program like 7-Zip. Both files are archives and both files need to be extracted. At the end of the exctraction process you should have obtained 3 new files (MXL.mpq, D2Sigma.dll and Fog.dll). In case it asks you if you want to replace the existing files, select yes.

In any case, set Diablo II.exe to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and the Launcher as an Administrator.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca