Widescreen support?

Need help installing the mod?
Josko_91
Vampiress
35 | 1
Is there widescreen support for Median XL?

Path of diablo recently got widescreen support, you'd just hit alt + enter and you'd be in a beautiful full widescreen and not with those black bars on the side.

I'm thinking if the Median XL devs have been able to do all these amazing stuff, surely they can add widescreen support like Path of diablo has now?

*Drools*
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
MXL launcherSettings → Uncheck "play in windowed mode" → open "⚙️ Glide Settings" → 'Settings' tab → Turn off 'window-mode' → Set 'static size' to 'no' → Check the 'desktopresolution' box → Uncheck the 'keep aspect ratio' box → Quit and close the Launcher → re-open it and then launch the game.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Gorakil
Sasquatch
61 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:MXL launcherSettings → Uncheck "play in windowed mode" → open "⚙️ Glide Settings" → 'Settings' tab → Turn off 'window-mode' → Set 'static size' to 'no' → Check the 'desktopresolution' box → Uncheck the 'keep aspect ratio' box → Quit and close the Launcher → re-open it and then launch the game.

Thats not widescreen, its just stretches picture. POD have real widescreen support.
Josko_91
Vampiress
35 | 1
Gorakil wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:MXL launcherSettings → Uncheck "play in windowed mode" → open "⚙️ Glide Settings" → 'Settings' tab → Turn off 'window-mode' → Set 'static size' to 'no' → Check the 'desktopresolution' box → Uncheck the 'keep aspect ratio' box → Quit and close the Launcher → re-open it and then launch the game.

Thats not widescreen, its just stretches picture. POD have real widescreen support.

Exactly! Wonder what devs have to say about that :)

Hopefully they will add real widescreen support like POD has soon enough!
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Gorakil wrote:Thats not widescreen, its just stretches picture. POD have real widescreen support.

I know it's not, never said otherwise. He mentioned "those black bars" so I thought he was playing fullscreen with aspect ratio checked, just posted instructions to get rid of that. Forgive me, but I'm not really familiar with POD, that which you claim to be "real widescreen support" is indeed such? I'd imagine it just enabling a wider view on one of the axes (maybe two, if for a minor upscale of the action) as to not trivialize the gameplay experience by rendering enemies too easy to spot or kill before the AI gets a chance to react. If native, is the POD's widescreen support by any chance limited to one or two specific resolutions?
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Wasp
Balrog
130 | 43
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
If black bars turn you off you can still check this thread for filling them with graphics. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39610&hilit=black+bars
Although increasing the visible area brings dis-balance for caster and ranged since they can snipe enemies before their AI activates so, probably won't happend.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
just go buy an old crt monitor for true nostalgia experience
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It's a pain in the ass to work with d2 UI, especially if you want to make it scalable, Sigma UI was specifically tailored for 1024x768 resolution. AI range should not be an issue as long as we are talking about widescreen HD, besides I believe that various AI types could be adjusted even for the bigger resolution, although that might cause some additional load on D2GS.

In short, widescreen support would require a tremendous amount of work.
Josko_91
Vampiress
35 | 1
RequiemLux wrote:
Gorakil wrote:Thats not widescreen, its just stretches picture. POD have real widescreen support.

I know it's not, never said otherwise. He mentioned "those black bars" so I thought he was playing fullscreen with aspect ratio checked, just posted instructions to get rid of that. Forgive me, but I'm not really familiar with POD, that which you claim to be "real widescreen support" is indeed such? I'd imagine it just enabling a wider view on one of the axes (maybe two, if for a minor upscale of the action) as to not trivialize the gameplay experience by rendering enemies too easy to spot or kill before the AI gets a chance to react. If native, is the POD's widescreen support by any chance limited to one or two specific resolutions?

I have no idea how they made it work, but it is indeed real widescreen, you just have to change some settings in Glide and then smash alt+enter to go into full real widescreen mode.

Would be nice if this was looked into :)

If not possible, I understand, I'm already used to the black bars lol but real widescreen would be sweet!