Linux Standalone Median XL Launcher

Need help installing the mod?
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
If someone want to use the new D2Stats Version, try to override this property in d2launcher Configuration (not tested):
d2_stats_url="https://github.com/Kyromyr/D2Stats/releases/download/3.11.1/D2Stats-3.11.1.rar"
Gear
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Choose D2 directory. It doesn't accept a directory, only an .exe, so I choose Game.exe. Now it asks over and over, and will not launch.
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Edit in the d2launcher.conf manually:
d2_dir="/path/to/your/diablo2_dir"
d2_exe="Diablo II.exe"
Gear
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wine 4 AppImage is required from internet.
Download now?

This occurs literally anytime I click anything in the menu. It says it was successful, yet still asks CONSTANTLY. Not only does this script not work. It broke my installation and now I can't play at all.
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Please check, if there is a "wine4.AppImage" file into your "d2launcher/res" dir. Do you customized the d2launcher.conf?
Gear
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
The appimage is not present. I also only changed the D2 installation location in the conf file.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
From the MedianXL Discord, hopefully is of help for someone else:

Mihail wrote:Hi! I am running linux and tested the d2 linux install from: https://github.com/murkl/d2launcher . I am able to install everything. However, after the latest patch, i am unable to start a game. After i created a character, iam getting this the error now: "Generic bad character file". My save file is empty: even when creating a new character, i am getting this error. For the record, i can run the game without issues when i manually install/run it with wine. But i wanted to use the automatic linux install framework to get d2 stat. If you have any suggestions to get d2 stat working on linux (either with the d2 linux launcher, or something else). i am super interested! I am using d2 launcher 3.2.3 with median 1.7.2

Edit:
I have a working solution in case someone else has the same problem. So i got https://github.com/SyndromeDayna/diablo ... gma-loader this launcher. Then i executed d2 from wine BUT FROM A TERMINAL (for some strange reason, running it directly failed when d2 stat is used). Other peole are discussing this here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41551&hilit=d2stats+error This allows to get d2 stat on linux!
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Gear wrote:The appimage is not present. I also only changed the D2 installation location in the conf file.

You have write permissions in d2launcher dir?
Gear
Cultist
23 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
murkl wrote:
Gear wrote:The appimage is not present. I also only changed the D2 installation location in the conf file.

You have write permissions in d2launcher dir?

So I checked permissions on my MXL folder and set all users to R+W access. Now the launcher and my script both work. I'm not sure what went wrong. My script was at least working last patch. So your advice helped. Thanks.
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Glad to hear!