Linux Standalone Median XL Launcher

Need help installing the mod?
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
RequiemLux wrote:From the MedianXL Discord, hopefully is of help for someone else:

Mihail wrote:Hi! I am running linux and tested the d2 linux install from: https://github.com/murkl/d2launcher . I am able to install everything. However, after the latest patch, i am unable to start a game. After i created a character, iam getting this the error now: "Generic bad character file". My save file is empty: even when creating a new character, i am getting this error. For the record, i can run the game without issues when i manually install/run it with wine. But i wanted to use the automatic linux install framework to get d2 stat. If you have any suggestions to get d2 stat working on linux (either with the d2 linux launcher, or something else). i am super interested! I am using d2 launcher 3.2.3 with median 1.7.2

Edit:
I have a working solution in case someone else has the same problem. So i got https://github.com/SyndromeDayna/diablo ... gma-loader this launcher. Then i executed d2 from wine BUT FROM A TERMINAL (for some strange reason, running it directly failed when d2 stat is used). Other peole are discussing this here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41551&hilit=d2stats+error This allows to get d2 stat on linux!

Maybe this will help: It's nessesary to start D2-Stats in d2launcher first, before starting Diablo. Because d2launcher will check every start of Diablo 2 (using pgrep) if D2Stats is running. In this case, d2launcher starts Diablo 2 automatically with sigma-loader from SyndromeDayna.
tsanko
Skeleton
3 | 0
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: youre a life saver dude ive recently switch to linux and i was looking for something like this . works flawlessly on Linux Mint 20
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
tsanko, thank you for the great feedback and welcome to the linux universe :)
Solong
Fallen
1 | 0
thanks dude (-: works flawless and better then all others
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
With pleasure! :)
Keter
Sasquatch
69 | 3
Up. 2.0 dnt work on linux
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
New Update available with Support for 2.0.0!
John_McSayer
Cultist
20 | 1
Hm... the game apparently just freezes when it attempts to load the world. It "loads" really fast, but, alas, it never really does, leaving just the last frame of the loading screen for me to watch forever.
Some technical details on recent improvements to the engine and changes to the UI could help us alleviate this, though I don't expect any dev to disclose that. Well, on second thought, details would likely be more than enough.
I did check out the "How to play 2.0 with Linux" thread and followed every method posted to the best of my ability. One report seems to point to nvidia GPU as the culprit, which would correlate with my experience since I use one as well.
How's it working on your end? What's your setup?
UPDATE: The newest lutrisfshack (6.14.3 iirc) allows me to play multiplayer. It does not let me play singleplayer though.
BTW, your launcher uses wine-staging despite having "proton" plastered all over it and changing the wine version is a real pain in the ass, a lot of hardcoded expected names/paths.
saywhatockey
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Was working fine with MXL 1.8.
Managed to update to 2.0 and got in game, got into MP but once I create new lobby game freezes on loading screen.
(Ubuntu 20.04)
Same thing with lutris.
UPDATE.
Managed to get into game and play after installing CNCdraw and running game with "wine Game.exe" (works only in fullscreen)
UPDATE 2:
game randomly freezes and crashes though.
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
I released a new d2launcher version (3.5.2) with MXL 2.0.5 support. This release includes a new proton build. I hope this version will run stable now...
Maybe you have to clear the wineprefix dir (located: d2launcher/.wineprefix). You have to backup your save files first: d2launcher/.wineprefix/drive_c/users/<YOUR_USERNAME>/Application Data/MedianXL or d2launcher/.wineprefix/drive_c/users/steamuser/AppData/Roaming/MedianXL