Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
GitHub
https://github.com/murkl/d2launcher

Download
d2launcher-latest

!! Since version 3.0.5 with self updater !!

Have fun :)
Edited by murkl 10 months.
John_McSayer
Cultist
20 | 1
Hey, thanks for your work! Just out of curiosity - were you having issues with the AppImage launcher, or did you just create this because it brings convenience or something? I'll surely be using this from now on.

Under your launcher d2stats shows a "-" when a set item drop, doesn't show anything for shrines or SUs for example, but when I used it standalone with median xl standalone, it showed drops just fine. Something up with wine?
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
No, i do not have any issues with the official median xl launcher. I created d2launcher only because I facinated in shell scripting and the way to show a small gui with zenity (and I love Diablo 2 and the fact that 20 years later median xl is still develops). Forthermore I like to keep my dependencies on linux as small as possible (regarding the wine AppImage). My goal is to create a leightweight and simple "out-of-the-box" script for Diablo and Median :)

I never used D2Stats before, so its hard to understand the bug. Where exactly in D2Stats you dont see the item info? Maybe this is an wine issue. The AppImage version of wine is 4.2, wich version do you use?
John_McSayer
Cultist
20 | 1
murkl wrote:No, i do not have any issues with the official median xl launcher. I created d2launcher only because I facinated in shell scripting and the way to show a small gui with zenity (and I love Diablo 2 and the fact that 20 years later median xl is still develops). Forthermore I like to keep my dependencies on linux as small as possible (regarding the wine AppImage). My goal is to create a leightweight and simple "out-of-the-box" script for Diablo and Median :)

I never used D2Stats before, so its hard to understand the bug. Where exactly in D2Stats you dont see the item info? Maybe this is an wine issue. The AppImage version of wine is 4.2, wich version do you use?

Hey, syndrome's github page says that the sigma-loader.exe requires wine 5.0 or later. I think this could be the issue.

It's not that I don't see the item info, the loot filter only notifies me in-game about the set items with a "-", otherwise it doesn't notify me. Terminal, of course, said nothing after extensive testing in any of the situations I tested (that includes dropping, loading d2stats, injecting and ejecting filter and anything else I could imagine may tell us what's wrong).

I think this is due to your wine AppImage being outdated. syndrome must have used some function (or something like that?) his previous, pre-5.0 version didn't use.

If you can do that, we'll be able to brag about Linux having a more convenient launcher than windows has, lol.
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Hi, I released a new version which includes wine 5 support: https://github.com/murkl/d2launcher/releases
I hope this fixed the D2Stat issue.
The default wine version is still 4 because I have some issues with wine 5 and wayland (xrand). So you have to open the configuration and set the property "wine5_enabled" to true. Now you can open winecfg from d2launcher to set the Windows Version to 10 (if nessesarry).
Please let me know if it works now :)
Sprow
Core Lord
358 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
omg, thx dude
John_McSayer
Cultist
20 | 1
murkl wrote:Hi, I released a new version which includes wine 5 support: https://github.com/murkl/d2launcher/releases
I hope this fixed the D2Stat issue.
The default wine version is still 4 because I have some issues with wine 5 and wayland (xrand). So you have to open the configuration and set the property "wine5_enabled" to true. Now you can open winecfg from d2launcher to set the Windows Version to 10 (if nessesarry).
Please let me know if it works now :)

It works exactly the way it should from what it looks. I forgot to check if d2stats properly parses the stats to show, but I assume it does, so we should be good. Wine 5 is required, but Win 10 version is not.

On another note, do the Sounds work for you in d2stats? When I click "Test" it doesn't play a thing, but I always assumed it's just a d2stats problem.
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
Amazing! :)
Unfortunately the sounds in D2Stats do not work either on my machine. I got the error "MIDIMAP_drvOpen No software synthesizer midi port found, Midi sound output probably won't work.". Maybe this page will help: https://wiki.winehq.org/MIDI
murkl
Stone Warrior
31 | 12
Great Popularity Badge
I implemented a self updater and median xl new version notifier in the latest version of d2launcher: https://github.com/murkl/d2launcher/releases
Keter
Sasquatch
69 | 3
/d2launcher: line 231: curl: command not found

Need add curl to req/README etc

UPDATE

d2stats work well on 18.04 xubuntu with wine5_enabled=false and preinstalled wine3.0