Need help installing the mod?
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Just wondering if you can play both mods with only one D2 installation?

From memory, there's a MODS sub-folder where we should be able to put each mod and they don't interfere with each other (in theory), but there may still be problems such as which version of core each mod uses.

I've often thought of trying PoD but I don't want to mess up my MXL setup, so if anyone has any knowledge of how to play both in one d2 install, please drop a reply. :)

TIA
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Not possible to play them both with one install.

1. Clean install Vanilla
2. Copy installation
3. Install MXL on one, POD on the other
4. Play
reeses_007
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
CallMeCrazySam wrote:Not possible to play them both with one install.

1. Clean install Vanilla
2. Copy installation
3. Install MXL on one, POD on the other
4. Play

It's been a while since I did the installs, but I believe this is what I did and have no issues. Fair warning, if you're heavily involved in trading and accustomed to MXL's setup (Auction, forums, discord), be prepared to go back to 2000-era trading. GD and mods explicitly state they will not allow a trade section on their discord and ban anyone who tries to use it for such purposes.

The ONLY method of trading in POD is either the terrible in game chat system, or using their clunky trade listings. This ruined the entire experience for me.. simply due to the totally unnecessary tedium of navigating a half-baked website or using the antiquated whisper system in D2. It's super unfortunate, but it is what it is (That's also the response the mods give when pressed with the question).
Pain
Azure Drake
162 | 12
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
2000-era trading is still x10 better than mxl's auctions btw.
reeses_007
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Pain wrote:2000-era trading is still x10 better than mxl's auctions btw.

Not really comparable, but not really relevant either (Especially since you cherry picked one of the options) - The point was the fact POD gatekeeps your options of trading to the most tedious methods, whereas in Median you have the freedom of multiple different avenues. Discord is a no-brainer, hands down easiest way of trading/communicating.

The fact they refuse to allow a trade channel on discord and go so far as to ban anyone who tries to trade on discord is just plain dumb, especially since they can't even substantiate why. Don't get me wrong, I'm not acting like things are sunshine and rainbows here, but making the accessibility to trading so narrow and antiquated is a giant facepalm.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Isn't talking about the PoD against the rules? Even if it dissing.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Jampula wrote:Isn't talking about the PoD against the rules? Even if it dissing.

Not necessarily, blatant advertising is against the rules, tho turning this thread into a debate on the pros and cons of trade systems used by PoD in comparison with MXL doesn't really fall into any constructive discussion: I don't think it could be classified as feedback. So it could be disputed to go against the general and generic rule of "Be smart.".
Anyway, the topic creator has had his answer thus this thread can be locked to avoid further derailments.