Odd sound bug through out the game

Need help installing the mod?
SiegfriedSTL
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hi, made a video where it happens multiple times. Apologies for not great quality since I forgot to put OBS to record on 1440p, instead it's on 1080p.

Anyway, it sounds like a shotgun being fired in the background and it happens often. I've been unable to find what causes it but it's annoying to have it happen so often. it's somewhat similar to kicking barrel but much louder.

if anyone knows what this issue is, I'd love to know how to fix or remove it.

Game version is 1.6.2 and I'm just playing single player, haven't tried multiplayer yet. Followed all of the installation instructions for Median XL as well. If I'm missing any additional info or if you have questions, please feel free to ask. I'm on the MedianXL discord as well and I'm always online. Discord is GrummWolf #6627 so PM me if you want to.

Thanks and cheers mate :lol:

And yes, I legally own my copy of Diablo II and Lord of Destruction. Just in case that's questioned. Uh, if proof is required. I'm not sure what you want to have but just ask.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Are you by any chance referring to the sound Solar Flare deactivation makes? could be the smoking ̶g̶u̶n̶̶ shotgun
There's a mini-icon of Solar Flare near your health globe when it's active, try to see if it's the sound you hear when it disappear.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
SiegfriedSTL
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hey, I tested your theory and it indeed is the solar flare icon disappearing from the hud. That's intentional right?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
SiegfriedSTL wrote:Hey, I tested your theory and it indeed is the solar flare icon disappearing from the hud. That's intentional right?

Yes. It is a common thing when buffs falls off.
SiegfriedSTL
Skeleton
3 | 0
I meant the loud sound that triggers when a buff vanishes, not that the aspect of buffs fall off.

Or I'm wrong and that's exactly what you mean right? The sound triggers for any and every buff when they fall off?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
SiegfriedSTL wrote:I meant the loud sound that triggers when a buff vanishes, not that the aspect of buffs fall off.
Or I'm wrong and that's exactly what you mean right? The sound triggers for any and every buff when they fall off?

Yeah that happens for many buffs, can't recall if true for every buff. Anyway you can't turn off specific sounds so your best best would be to simply play without sounds enabled, you can do that both in the Launcher setting page on in the ingame settings menu.