Error Log

Need help installing the mod?
chueko95
Destroyer
6 | 0
I can't use all the scren when I install Median XL mod. I can see all the game window, not the belt but from exp bar upsides yes. It says error loading or something like that DIRECT3D (I tried using the 2d with videotest and it doesnt work too). And when i start launcher i have these:

► error log
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1443 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
[2020-09-23 06:54:08] Diablo II location not specified. Cannot find D2VidTst.exe

This should tell you.
Open the options and tell the launcher where the game is installed.
chueko95
Destroyer
6 | 0
Istaryu wrote:[2020-09-23 06:54:08] Diablo II location not specified. Cannot find D2VidTst.exe

This should tell you.
Open the options and tell the launcher where the game is installed.

Hi. In launcher the destiny of the game is ok but it still doesn't work :(
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
chueko95 wrote:Hi. In launcher the destiny of the game is ok but it still doesn't work :(

Hi, what do you mean exactly?
In your first post you've stated that the mod ran but the bottom part of the window was cut-off and this could depend on your screen resolution since the smallest native resolution for Median XL is 1024x768, so it might not work as intended if your screen is smaller than that.
Now, if this is the case, probably there are only three things you could try:
  • Moving the the taskbar to the side of the screen to make room for the whole game window
  • Force a resize of the window: access the Launcher's settings by clicking on the cog "⚙️" icon (up-right) in the Launcher's interface or alternatively click on the "⚙️ Settings" entry and once there make sure you're using "3DFX Glide" as video mode and playing windowed, then click on "⚙️ Glide Settings" and in the "settings" section change the static size to 800x600 (might cause other unwanted issues).
  • Try fullscreen to see if the game resolution will get auto-fitted to your monitor's: MXL launcherSettings → Uncheck "play in windowed mode" → open "⚙️ Glide Settings" → 'Settings' tab → Turn off 'window-mode' → Set 'static size' to 'no' → Check the 'desktopresolution' box → Uncheck the 'keep aspect ratio' box → Quit and close the Launcher → re-open it and then launch the game.

In case this is no longer the issue but your game simply doesn't start, try the following:
  • Make sure that Diablo II.exe is set to run as an Administrator and in compatibility mode with Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and the Launcher is set to run as an Administrator. Then restart the PC.
  • Make sure no security software is interfering. Add an exception to the Diablo II folder path.
  • Make sure once again that the installation path is the correct one you've selected, and finally make sure the "Game Language" is set to "English" (you can always change it at a later time by using one of our custom translation: Sigma Translations if they're updated to the current version).
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
chueko95
Destroyer
6 | 0
Now i have this problem :(

RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Restart the PC.
If the error persist, delete the MedianXL folder in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming (backup your characters from save folder if you play Single Player) then restart the PC without opening the Launcher until the reboot.
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
chueko95
Destroyer
6 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:Restart the PC.
If the error persist, delete the MedianXL folder in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming (backup your characters from save folder if you play Single Player) then restart the PC without opening the Launcher until the reboot.

Hi!! I've just installed new java and restarted my pc. (I also used java uninstall tool before installing new version)
chueko95
Destroyer
6 | 0
this is not my lucky day i think haha

RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Try changing video mode in the Launcher settings page, see if it runs.