MacOS: Impossible to run Median XL?

Need help installing the mod?
peter-pan
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hello!

Has anybody made the latest version of Median XL work on MacOS?

I have an iMac from late 2015 running on Big Sur, and I use Crossover to run 32 bit games and Windows games. Diablo 2 LOD installs and works very easily, I can even get other mods like PlugY to work in a few clicks, but I tried everything under the sun to get Median XL to work and I couldn't find a way. The launcher opens, then you select Game Files to install the mod, and it lets you install it but then it does not run and gives a javascript error. If I open the error log, there's plenty more errors going on.

I read every guide here and on YouTube and nothing seems to work. Is using a windows PC the only way?

Thanks!
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
https://forum.median-xl.com/viewforum.php?f=42

It's literally pinned in this forum :P
peter-pan
Skeleton
3 | 0
Do you mean this one? "Sigma without Launcher + MacOS guide"

It does not work for me; I followed it step by step. The other pinned one is for Windows and I don't have access to many of those controls on Crossover.

Thanks!
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
peter-pan wrote:Do you mean this one? "Sigma without Launcher + MacOS guide"

It does not work for me; I followed it step by step. The other pinned one is for Windows and I don't have access to many of those controls on Crossover.

Thanks!

Not sure how I copied the wrong link, but yeah that was the one. Have you read through the comments and tried any of those suggestions?

Looks like the OP got it working with Crossover, but kambala says it looks like it has to be the paid version.
peter-pan
Skeleton
3 | 0
Yes, I read every comment and tried everything, I got the paid Crossover 19 and upgraded to free Crossover 20, will try the paid one to see if it makes a difference.

Otherwise I'll just buy an used windows PC, really wanna play this!

Thanks Crazy Sam.
SteelWings
Sasquatch
67 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
peter-pan wrote:Yes, I read every comment and tried everything, I got the paid Crossover 19 and upgraded to free Crossover 20, will try the paid one to see if it makes a difference.

Hello friend, I'd be glad to help you if you can provide more details about what exactly doesn't work by adding the output of a logfile. (like on a screenshot, it will ask where to save the file).

Maybe I should write a guide for MacOS + Crossover if that's a hot topic. :roll:
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
launch game.exe, works fine (tested just today with Crossover trial on Catalina). Better use glide and pass -3dfx parameter.