Help - Crashes when trying to create a game

Need help installing the mod?
tylerfar
Pit Knight
118 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey all,

Ive been playing this game for many months on a daily basis, tonight however ive been encountering a Halt error for the first time while trying to create a game. I havent had any of these issues before so I dont know why theyre happening now. The game consistently crashes just as the door in the loading screen begins to open.

Halt
Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 6fd5c664

Anyone have any ideas?
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
any recent windows update?
tylerfar
Pit Knight
118 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
notforkeeps wrote:any recent windows update?

No, not that I am aware of.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
tylerfar wrote:Hey all,

Ive been playing this game for many months on a daily basis, tonight however ive been encountering a Halt error for the first time while trying to create a game. I havent had any of these issues before so I dont know why theyre happening now. The game consistently crashes just as the door in the loading screen begins to open.

Halt

Anyone have any ideas?

Is it #2239 or #2339? Double check and reply
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
tylerfar
Pit Knight
118 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Rishab wrote:

Halt

Anyone have any ideas?

Rishab,

You're correct it is 2239, my mistake.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
tylerfar wrote:
Rishab wrote:

Halt

Anyone have any ideas?

Rishab,

RequimeLex made this excellent thread saving me time to having to type the troubleshoots everytime. u can read it here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4420
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
- Gandhi
tylerfar
Pit Knight
118 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Rishab wrote:
tylerfar wrote:
Rishab wrote:

Halt

Anyone have any ideas?

Rishab,

RequimeLex made this excellent thread saving me time to having to type the troubleshoots everytime. u can read it here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4420

Thanks for that, my biggest concern is that I have been able to play for months, (both 2017 patch and the version previous) without any error. Now that this has shown up, should I just start as if its never worked in terms of what the troubleshooting post is providing?
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
windows update is messing with the game a lot, stealth updates r breaking game all over the place, my own d2 does not work properly and i have tried everything, i have to use a workaround to make my game work and it was working perfectly fine before the windows decoded to update itself on its own
- Gandhi
tylerfar
Pit Knight
118 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Rishab wrote:windows update is messing with the game a lot, stealth updates r breaking game all over the place, my own d2 does not work properly and i have tried everything, i have to use a workaround to make my game work and it was working perfectly fine before the windows decoded to update itself on its own

So if I also have had a stealth update, what steps from that troubleshooter should I be following? Im unsure where to even begin because my settings already reflect the fixes the troubleshooter suggests.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
tylerfar wrote:
Rishab wrote:windows update is messing with the game a lot, stealth updates r breaking game all over the place, my own d2 does not work properly and i have tried everything, i have to use a workaround to make my game work and it was working perfectly fine before the windows decoded to update itself on its own

So if I also have had a stealth update, what steps from that troubleshooter should I be following? Im unsure where to even begin because my settings already reflect the fixes the troubleshooter suggests.

well re-do the settings anyway and try, if it doesn't work still then do a fresh install and then do the troubleshoot stuff on that install, if it still doesn't work then post here again
- Gandhi