Lag - can't play 1.8

Need help installing the mod?
paolo12
Cog
204 | 18
They're treated like a worse kind because:
- without significant amount of players in MP mods tend to to fade away and die
- SP don't buy TG = less income to maintain and develop the mod
- with longer season introduced to "buy" time for development of 2.0 there must be incentive so realm servers aren't empty after 1 month like in a typical one.
I don't like limiting single player experience myself but it's still enjoyable - just 02 cents.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Most games I can think of with both a single-player and an online component offer different online amenities. Try playing most phone games SP vs MP and see how much slower you progress in SP... it's just a part of how you chose to play the game. @OP: It sounds to me like the real issue here is your connection more than anything. When you test your internet speeds, what download and upload are you getting? How far away is the nearest server to your location? Is it possible it is not lag you are experiencing, but a graphics card issue due to too many sprites on screen in MP (i.e. you may have an old graphics card)?
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
They're treated like a worse kind because:
- without significant amount of players in MP mods tend to to fade away and die

Still most of players play SP. Just give people fair performance and they will choose if they want to play SP or MP with people. Also not everyone want to play with lags, some ppl prefer 0 latency.

SP don't buy TG = less income to maintain and develop the mod

Bullshit. They need money to maintain TSW servers. Servers are costly ---> they need money because servers are costly. That's why there's TG.

There are plenty SP games that are doing just fine. Even ''Reign of Terror'' mod for Grim Dawn is SP and a lot of ppl enjoy it and mod is still in development since 4 years and everything is going just fine.

Most games I can think of with both a single-player and an online component offer different online amenities. Try playing most phone games SP vs MP and see how much slower you progress in SP

You have missed one thing - D2 is not a crappy PayToWin phone game for braindead people. It's oldschool PC classic and MXL fixed a lot of things. Too bad it didn't fix SP.

As i said, not everyone want to be dependant on the server and network. I have 8 ms to my nearest GS but still i've died twice due to GS lag. Lag is rare for me, but still happens from time to time. HC is impossible online. SP provides 0 ms to everyone and many people got crap mobile internet or no servers near, so they wont enjoy with 100 ms and random lag. My net is fine, i've got fiber but GS sometimes lags and that's a fact.

As i said, around 60% of all MXL players are SP players. The old Median XL developed by Brother Laz since 2006-2012 had only SP and plenty of people played it. MXL 2012 got over 230k total downloads from moddb. It's something. 3 downloads just today. People still play good old MXL 2012 that was made by Brother Laz. http://prntscr.com/10cb2ro

One more question - why /players x is disabled in SP in MXL Sigma?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Bestendigo wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Pls avoid talking of things you know nothing about, or at the very least avoid expressing your personal opinions/conclusions as facts inherent of other people business: servers costs are one of the things that are covered by TG, there are lot of other expenses (current/future/potential) and also an economic aid for the developers to continue investing time and resources into the project.
Also do not go on comparing different mods with different playerbases on different games with different people working on them and with completely different lives... it is an extremely poinless endeavour.
"HC is impossible online"... do you realize there is a HC ladder you can visualize? https://tsw.median-xl.com/ladder
Brother Laz old version had an "unofficial (d2maniacs) realm", Laz words not mine, so you're mistaken on this too.
ModDB stats (and a plethora of things on the site) are unreliable and that has been known for ages. Trust me I've been uploading mods to that site for over a decade now. Years ago all it took for a file to accumulate "downloads" was to simply be uploaded to the site, no need for it to be actually downloadable, and by what I'm seeing that too hasn't been fixed yet. It's easy to check without even uploading a mod yourself: no matter the download you look for, it will always have at the very minimum a (1 today).
Btw Brother Laz version has so many download for mainly two reason (and none has to do with SP):the time in which it was developed/released and the advertising it received on ModDB in its heyday, I was there.

SP players are not "treated like they're worse players". If this was the case we wouldn't even have something like the MXL Offline Tool, let alone a SP mode altogether. Actually many mods go full MP-only and disable SP because maintaining a mod with SP can be a detriment in several circumstances, especially when considering something like MXL which brings many innovations that have been worked on with massive investments of time and skills; then here it comes a random dev group that can just yoink all of it cause we love having a SP mode.
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Also do not go on comparing different mods with different playerbases on different games with different people working on them and with completely different lives... it is an extremely poinless endeavour.

What a hypocrisy. Who compared MXL to phone games? For sure not me, lol. I just replied and give examples for the ''Try playing most phone games SP vs MP and see how much slower you progress in SP'' bullshit.

"HC is impossible online"... do you realize there is a HC ladder you can visualize?

Yeah, impossible because i died twice due to lag, so if i had HC character it would be long time gone due to lag. I am sure many other people died by a random lag too many times. If you wonder - yes, i am playing games like CoD: Warzone, Rocket League and other and i dont experience any lag so i guess it's not my network's fault but GS failed. Idk, maybe Warsaw GS that i use to play is poor and laggy.

Brother Laz old version had an "official (d2maniacs) realm", Laz words not mine, so you're mistaken on this too.

It hasn't closed battle.net as MXL do. You can play only SP, TCP/IP or open bnet. There was notthing like TSW back then and 90% ppl played SP.

Please dont discredit Brother Laz because he did amazing job and i played his Median since 2009 and i remember A LOT of people playing it and talking about it. Even in my own country there was group of like 500 people who played his mod. And only one country, the whole world got like way more players and his mod was super popular back then, where like 90% of all players played SP. Then he got bored in early 2012, quit D2 and MarcoNecroX took the further development of MXL in his own hands.

Don't get me wrong - i love old and new MXL, you guys did great job with 1.6 version and onwards. I am having much fun now playing 1.8 but... i still didn't get reply on my question: Why /players x is disabled for MXL Sigma in SP?
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Median XL Team Member
Bestendigo wrote:What a hypocrisy. Who compared MXL to phone games? For sure not me, lol. I just replied and give examples for the ''Try playing most phone games SP vs MP and see how much slower you progress in SP'' bullshit.

That referred to your comment about ''Reign of Terror''.
Lag will always be present, no matter what, but can be reduced to some degrees or reduced its impact on the gameplay. But that is always being done whenever possible. Also nobody is discrediting Laz, where do you even read that?
I didn't reply on /players x because the answer is already available, you can search on the web or use the search function of the forum (viewtopic.php?p=247988#p247988).
• Troubleshooting for MXL Sigma
• Installation Guide for MXL Sigma
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult." -Seneca
Bestendigo
Lava Lord
95 | 21
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
And my comment about Reign of Terror referred to Taem's phone games comparison and he started that bullshit with comparing different games. Along the thread to the ball. Blame the source, not the counterargument, else it's a hypocrisy.

Okay i got the point about disabling /players x, but why can't have both? In TSW i am often joining a game of 4-5 players and farming K3K alone for more items and doing it just fine with my crappy 124 lvl Sorc. In SP it would be doable also.
Taem
Necrobot
2474 | 151
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Bestendigo wrote:
I have 8 ms to my nearest GS but still i've died twice due to GS lag. Lag is rare for me, but still happens from time to time. HC is impossible online.

I hear yah. I just died last night in Kingdom of Shadow due to lag, lol. Yeah, servers can be tough for HC. However I don't find the lag on TSW any worse than on B.Net, and I'm being completely honest here. Maybe for you B.Net had no faults and was lag free, but for me, I lagged much worse and more often than TSW, so for me TSW is infinitely better re lag, so kudos to the dev team for streamlining the backend connections! You have done better than Blizzard ever did!
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
The Kingdom of Shadow rubberbanding (and in general) is mostly a D2 game programming architecture issue. It's mostly separate from ping/lag, but having a high ping or especially lag spikes does increase the chance of it happening.
Blizzard didn't expect the game to be used in this way (Median XL - running too fast can cause problems, many monsters), so we can't exactly blame them, there's that, but they didn't code it in "optimal" way either.

Just saying, because some people confuse actual lag and network/server issues (which do happen) with problems with the original game code.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017