Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Issue I'm having with it is, it takes several minutes for it to launch. I'm doing it with beta client so it works, just when i run diablo.exe or game.exe, it apprars in task manager, but not on taskbar, can't alt+tab to it or force it on screen in any way. I wait for about 3 minutes, doing something else and then game appears on the screen, either windowed or full screen, depending on config, everything runs fine, gamma settings work.
But every time it takes minutes for game to appear on screen, any ideas what is causing it?
youtube.com/ae1337
blackwalker
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
what shader is recommend and how to change it?
(hope 2.0 install become easy)
p2w
Mahasattva
911 | 58
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
blackwalker wrote:what shader is recommend and how to change it?
(hope 2.0 install become easy)

i listed 3 of my favor shaders : interpolation/cubic ( i like this most) , windowed/lanczos2, xbrz/freescale.gls

you can change shader by replace the name
shader=Shaders\interpolation\cubic.glsl
dunno207
Skeleton
2 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Marco wrote:
dunno207 wrote:Can't launch the game through the game.exe now, followed the list step by step. Any idea?

won't work before 2.0 version (although you can manage to run it).

one important thing for the guide is that there needs to be no -w parameter, windowed mode is handled by cnc.

I forget the specific error I got, ill have to see again when I am home.

I don't believe I ever added any parameters for windowed mode and the likes, is that standard with the install or something that I would have had to add myself?

Maybe not being 2.0 yet was the issue, it took about 5 mins for the game to pop up and all I got was a black screen and a bunch of the same error popups over and over until I force closed the game.
dant121
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
p2w wrote:
vartazs wrote:D2VidTst.exe is not in my new installation folder. There is anyway to know if i'm in Direct2D mode without D2Vidtst.exe?

in registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II\VideoConfig\DeviceName
if vaule is "3dfx Glide" then it is glide

win 10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II\VideoConfig\DeviceName
dant121
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
aerial wrote:Issue I'm having with it is, it takes several minutes for it to launch. I'm doing it with beta client so it works, just when i run diablo.exe or game.exe, it apprars in task manager, but not on taskbar, can't alt+tab to it or force it on screen in any way. I wait for about 3 minutes, doing something else and then game appears on the screen, either windowed or full screen, depending on config, everything runs fine, gamma settings work.
But every time it takes minutes for game to appear on screen, any ideas what is causing it?

same. I would like to fix it somehow
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
dant121 wrote:
aerial wrote:Issue I'm having with it is, it takes several minutes for it to launch. I'm doing it with beta client so it works, just when i run diablo.exe or game.exe, it apprars in task manager, but not on taskbar, can't alt+tab to it or force it on screen in any way. I wait for about 3 minutes, doing something else and then game appears on the screen, either windowed or full screen, depending on config, everything runs fine, gamma settings work.

same. I would like to fix it somehow

From what I found, it could have to do with windows themes, if you messed with some custom theme tweaks.
Resetting everything to absolute default could help.
youtube.com/ae1337
Schisser
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
It does not save the Direct2D mode config for me and i did the FS Upscaling config but it still opens as windowed. Cant stretch it etc. :bounce:
Edited by Schisser 2 years.
Schisser
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
p2w wrote:
Fullscreen Upscaled
► Show Spoiler

I did the FS Upscaling config but it still opens as windowed. Cant stretch it etc. :bounce: please help
p2w
Mahasattva
911 | 58
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Schisser wrote:
p2w wrote:
Fullscreen Upscaled
► Show Spoiler

I did the FS Upscaling config but it still opens as windowed. Cant stretch it etc. :bounce: please help

you are using 2.0 game client ? i still waiting the release version client to be released xD