Play mxl 2.0 with CNC-DDraw in Windows 10

Need help installing the mod?
kurnis
Acid Prince
49 | 0
I was watching the 2.0 video here https://youtu.be/oSso6IdmbrQ?t=63

It looks MUCH smoother than my gameplay, even with "high FPS" and such, enabled.

Not sure how to make it run smoother. Any ideas?
p2w
Mahasattva
911 | 58
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
kurnis wrote:I was watching the 2.0 video here https://youtu.be/oSso6IdmbrQ?t=63

It looks MUCH smoother than my gameplay, even with "high FPS" and such, enabled.

if you feel game flicker when char running , change "limit game speed" to 25 ,this work for me ,if you encounter other issues,better make a video record and pm me :D
kurnis
Acid Prince
49 | 0
p2w wrote:
kurnis wrote:I was watching the 2.0 video here https://youtu.be/oSso6IdmbrQ?t=63

if you feel game flicker when char running , change "limit game speed" to 25 ,this work for me ,if you encounter other issues,better make a video record and pm me :D

Which renderer and which (if you use openGL) shader do you use?
Taem
Necrobot
2469 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Finally found this topic.... I have RE-SHADE and it looks amazing. I DL this version and ran it, but I don't see how to edit the shaders. With RESHADE, I just hit HOME and can edit the shaders in game, but how to do it with cnc-draw??? I love that I can play full-screen windowed mode, fucking awesome!

EDIT: Wow, I think some of the filters are auto added in! The items in my inventory look really, really nice! And that dragon and angel on the bottom looks like modern gfx
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
if someone wants to use it with wine, you need to override ddraw.dll in winecfg. The process is described in https://wiki.winehq.org/Winecfg#Libraries and e.g. https://www.reddit.com/r/ProjectDiablo2 ... nd_lutris/
Durvann
Skeleton
3 | 0
BrecMadak wrote:Sure I've played median with the same installation before.
I switched back to using glide and have no problem with that unhandled exception whatsoever.

So TLDR is that CNC brings nothing new to the table other than the capabilities of glide as far as I've observed. No noticeable single graphical improvement over the good ol' glide. I struggle to understand why the devs even advertised it as never-before-seen since it won't remove black bars.

To me the biggest need for MXL at the moment is a way to get the game to run more fluidly otherwise I'm getting some motion sickness.

CNC does nothing for me on this.

D2DX fixes that point by giving real 60 fps. Only problems I had with it which is why I wanted to try CNC are:
- Some major shadow flickering (mostly on Merc) when I move around
- Not liking the overly glowing/sharpened texture on stuff when moving. Really distracting.
- Ghosting around npcs, mobs, any objects really when moving. I think it's all cause by the mod itself.

If only Blizzard could make good games, we wouldn't have to go through all this trouble to get a 20 years old game engine to behave.
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
I see my windows cursor while playing borderless any fix for this ?
berry117
Dark Wanderer
797 | 78
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ethario wrote:I see my windows cursor while playing borderless any fix for this ?

uhhh shit there's a setting..... sec... i think

open ddraw.ini

; Developer mode (don't lock the cursor)
devmode=false

try this
Ethario
Rust Claw
82 | 4
berry117 wrote:
Ethario wrote:I see my windows cursor while playing borderless any fix for this ?

open ddraw.ini

devmode=false

try this

Thanks but that is already what it says in my ini file. My game is already borderless and I don't want to lock the cursor but it just shows the windows cursor + the diablo 2 cursor at the same time while playing.

Edit fixed: followed previous post that I missed you have to delete the Dx2d stuff / glide.
Gorakil
Sasquatch
61 | 0
Ethario wrote:
berry117 wrote:

open ddraw.ini

devmode=false

try this

Thanks but that is already what it says in my ini file. My game is already borderless and I don't want to lock the cursor but it just shows the windows cursor + the diablo 2 cursor at the same time while playing.

Edit fixed: followed previous post that I missed you have to delete the Dx2d stuff / glide.

How exactly did u fixed it?

Edit: Need to delete glide3x.dll and d2dx.cfg