Unhandled exception

Need help installing the mod?
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
Since the new version, virtually every game I have created or entered has crashed. It happens when I use WPs, Access my stash, try to change merc gear, enter a new area, virtually everything I do seems to trigger this. I can sometimes play for 10 mins or so but that's usually as long as I get before the game crashes. I get a message saying ; Unhandled exception, Invalid access date (C0000005). Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
Kazivath
Skeleton
2 | 0
Dont know if its superstition or not but make sure median launcher runs as admin. As well as game exe and diablo 2 exe i did that and it seems i get more gameplay without a crash. Though there are definitly still crashes. Most common one personally for me is when i try to enter shared stash. Also changed the theme back to crimson instead of the new one.
rngbeast
Vampiress
39 | 0
I used to have this problem few patches ago, what I did was, follow these tips at https://tsw.median-xl.com/join . Now i only get the error when i exit the game, but not when playing it.

If you get a c0000005 error when clicking on "Multiplayer", add Diablo II to Windows DEP as an exception:
Open Explorer, right-click Computer, Advanced System Settings, Advanced tab, Settings in Performance section, Data Execution Prevention tab.
Choose Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select, Add, find Diablo II.exe and Game.exe, add them both and Apply after each
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
Thanks guys, I'll try these suggestions.
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
Tried both these things but it made no difference unfortunately. It's very annoying.
Valor
Imp
4 | 0
Make all diablo .exe related files to turn on as "windows 7" compatibility.
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
This is above my level of PC knowledge. I have no idea how to do that.
ParticuLarry
Ice Clan
558 | 60
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Javalad wrote:This is above my level of PC knowledge. I have no idea how to do that.

Rightclick on the .exe --> settings (at the very bottom) --> a new window will pop up. At the top choose "comptability" then you can choose comptability mode and change it to Windows 7.

I personally use Windows XP SP 3 and have no issues ingame.
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
OK thats done. I'll see how it goes. By coincidence, I have just bought an old PC with XP installed for running another old game. Seems XP is still in demand with a lot of people.
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
Made no difference :(. I'm wondering if patch installed properly. I don't know how to uninstall it. I'd like to try installing with AV switched off.